Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Sid
  • (unregistered id: C2E61D69B3)
Personally I feel a charecter NEEDED to die. I mean, when ever a charecter dies or has a close experience, they come back. Hank and Dean, Phantom Limb, Brock getting pumped full of Tranq Dart, I am sure there are more I cant think of.

Think about it...to every comedy there is a tragedy. And even though I loved 24, he also the perfect charecter for us to lose. If the charecters keep coming back we will never be surprised when someone dies and then some of the magic of the show is gone.

So yeah, I don't know. Maybe he will come back and maybe not. But for the time being maybe we should let 24 rest in peace. We will love him and he will always be in our memory. But that is how it's got to be IF/UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN.

:D
Sep. 4, 2008, 2:38am
  • by Phil
  • (unregistered id: D3DAE242D1)
I agree. I'll miss him (he was a great character) but it's things like this that keep the show real, and the action dangerous. It separates it from the kinds of cartoons it's spoofing. While I wouldn't have WANTED 24 to die, I do want him to stay dead...if only out of respect for the situation itself, and all the foreshadowing that led up to it.

That said, if they kill off Quizboy I will personally shit on Jackson's doormat.
Sep. 4, 2008, 2:43am
  • by Sid
Dude, I will get food poisening intentionally and Diarhea all over his porch.
Sep. 4, 2008, 2:48am
  • by Sid
PLUS!! If he is really dead...how good will it feel when we see the bastard/basterds who killed them get whats coming to them. If he is gone...I'm sure there will be revenge.

Think of how many awesome stories could come from 24 passing. If it was the moppets...there is some MAJOR drama between Monarch and Dr. Mrs. The Monarch. Possibly a divorce? And 21 getting some balls (possbily from the Wizard of Booze) and taking out the evil doers who took his best friend. Maybe even him giving up a life of crime??

The one thing I will say is this: We cannot lose Brock. He is too much of a huge part of the show. And I am not that big of a Sgt. Hatred fan. As for him, I hope he becomes an OSI agent and does cool things there. Possibly helping the Ventures AND Brock. But never a full member of that clique. UNLESS we get a a treat and a FULL team Venture is formed incuding Rusty, Jonas JR, Captain, Sally, Hank, Dean, Brock, and Sgt. Hatred. How bad ass would that be? Maybe Sgt. Hatred could become just a part of Jonas's team.

I am just spitting out ideas as they come right now. But thats how I feel.
Sep. 4, 2008, 2:47am
  • by Sid
Okay sorry, one last thing. MORE ROCKET!!! Like Sallys kid. He will be very interesting having come from superhuman parents. I would like to see more of that little scamp.
Sep. 4, 2008, 2:51am
  • by Sid
SCAMP!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Sep. 4, 2008, 2:51am
did y'all feel Hank and Dean had to die too? this isnt M*A*S*H....everyone dies, then lives, except the lawyers.

Scamp had no hair when he died, so why did he look like a mop when buried?
Sep. 4, 2008, 9:10pm
  • by Donkiku
  • (unregistered id: A4B3B758E5)
Scamp lost his hair in the Pilot. The Pilot isn't canon so that never happened. Scamp died but I bet he died for some other reason.
Sep. 4, 2008, 9:18pm
  • by Creepy Crooner
  • (unregistered id: 8F73EA59C9)
Where was it stated that the pilot isn't cannon? Just wondering.
Sep. 4, 2008, 9:23pm
  • by Creepy Crooner
hehe. canon, I mean.
Sep. 4, 2008, 9:23pm
  • by Donkiku
I remember reading it somewhere.

The wikipedia article says it's not canon but you know what? Besides the Scamp thing I think it's pretty canon. Dunno. Let's say it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Terrible_Secret_of_Turtle_Bay#Plot
Sep. 4, 2008, 10:26pm
  • by Creepy Crooner
Just like any pilot, TTSOTB is clearly a bit different than the show proper (particularly in the super-simple animation style and very basic characterizations) but there isn't really anything that seems really out of place.
They also referenced the pilot in Showdown at Cremation Creek when Hank wears the "old" henchman uniform (from the pilot).
Sep. 4, 2008, 10:30pm
  • by Donkiku
Yep. The old uniform is too cool to deny the canonish nature of the Pilot.
Sep. 5, 2008, 12:33am
  • by Jory
  • (unregistered id: 4658719524)
I figured Scamp ended up looking like a mop because Doc removed all his skin and his muscles flayed out.

Gross.
Sep. 5, 2008, 12:50am
  • by Phil
I THINK they say it in the commentary for the episode. I'd have to listen again.
Sep. 5, 2008, 5:17am
  • by Creepy Crooner
More evidence to the pilot being canon is the inclusion of a disappearing twin womb dream sequence.
Sep. 5, 2008, 10:12pm
  • by Phil
Well, Hank and Dean were already clones...that's not a decision they made later. It was built into the characters and foreshadowed throughout the season.

24's death was also foreshadowed throughout season three.

Hank and Dean being clones was a respectful move and part of the characterization.

Keeping 24 dead would also be the respectful thing to do, if they want to honor their own method of storytelling.

They were each completely different "kinds" of deaths.
Sep. 5, 2008, 2:35am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Leonzzj unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 3:45pm
  • Leonkew unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 10:01am
  • Leonlfh unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 7:43am
  • Leonebn unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 1:25am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites