Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Mr. Za Monarch
  • (unregistered id: F93337DD76)
Oh COME ON! They're joking! They aren't going to get rid of 24 for good!
THEY JUST CAN'T!!!! This is horse crap!

And they might have Season 3 have no bleeps, but I'm pretty sure they have to keep the black bars.
Sep. 3, 2008, 3:28am
doc's junk i dont need to see unless it looks like harley quinn or something.

Q: will there be a mantis eye experiment? seems like all this dedication should be rewarded mr mike!
Sep. 3, 2008, 4:37am
  • by Phil
  • (unregistered id: D3DAE242D1)
If we get to see Doc's junk we also get to see Sally Impossible's. Fair trade I'd say.
Sep. 3, 2008, 5:27am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
  • (unregistered id: 72E38506F0)
Hell, I'll take just Sally nude and call it even.
Sep. 3, 2008, 6:12am
  • by Phil
Regarding my thoughts on 24 being replaced by 25, let me copy/paste what I said elsewhere...

So basically we’re getting an exact character swap? 24, but with a new voice?

I truly, truly hope not. (The report that I’m quoting from, by the way, obviously had trouble telling joke from fact, so let’s hope he just mangled the response to this question.)

24’s death had the chance to really take a few characters to interesting places. The Monarch relied on him, the Moppets hated him, and 21 couldn’t make it through the day without him.

Will 21 at least mis-trust this new guy? THAT could be interesting. Have 25 establish himself as a very similar character on the surface, but keep 21 skeptical of who he really is an his intentions…have his similarities to his dead friend frustrate 21 rather than endear him…

Bah. This show has handled so many should-have-been lousy developments (the main characters being clones, the core romantic relationship of the show being broken) so well in the past that I’m not quite sure why I’m nervous about this one…but I am. Fingers crossed that this doesn’t represent the first severe mis-step in the show’s development…
Sep. 3, 2008, 5:29am
  • by Mike
  • (unregistered id: 027D18FA77)
I'm almost certain the 25 thing is a joke. Jackson and Doc have never given away anything like that at a con panel. The most they ever say about upcoming stuff is "so and so will be appearing"
Sep. 3, 2008, 8:39am
  • by Phil
To be honest, if it IS a joke (and you're probably right about that) it's a pretty good joke. Damn those bastards for winding me up like that.
Sep. 3, 2008, 3:04pm
  • by DeimosMasque
  • (unregistered id: F49F276C13)
Actually they suggested they weren't going to unbleep it "Why the fuck do you need to here fuck"

And the #25 comment about being virutally the same was a "Rumor we are officially trying to start"
Sep. 3, 2008, 5:49am
  • by Phil
Deimos: Thanks for the clarification from someone who was there. Any chance you could write up anything else you remember from the panel?
Sep. 3, 2008, 3:06pm
  • by DeimosMasque
  • (unregistered id: DD74F4CF47)
Yeah, when I get home tonight I'll watch my tape of the panel and I'll do a more detailed report.

On a funny note they were introduced as "Two men who's childhood dream was the work at an Animation Studio that Orbited the Moon, unlike the dreams of most kids" and my fiancee who is in school for Animation right now, was a huge Sailor Moon fan as a child and thus her dream was always to "Live on the Moon." and "Be an animator."

When she told them at the autograph session they were huge inspirations to her they asked "Really? You can't do better than us?"
Sep. 3, 2008, 5:25pm
  • by CoolMinded
  • (unregistered id: 9C54ED477E)
You should put that on YouTube all to see.
Sep. 3, 2008, 10:25pm
  • by DeimosMasque
  • (unregistered id: DD74F4CF47)
I'll see what I can't do. I have to convert them from tape to digital first, and I didn't get the last 15 minutes of the panel due to my camera crapping out.
Sep. 4, 2008, 8:18pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Jaowela unlocked One Year Later Mar. 27, 2024, 1:40pm
  • Antoniohkl unlocked One Year Later Mar. 23, 2024, 11:49pm
  • Antoniogux unlocked One Year Later Mar. 23, 2024, 7:14pm
  • Antonioonk unlocked One Year Later Mar. 23, 2024, 10:53am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites