Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by PromoTheRobot
  • (unregistered id: 0B3D50F846)
Maybe I missed it but the cliffhanger from last season was never addressed. The Monarch and Dr Girlfriend are in their honeymoon bed when she has something to tell him. (Remember?) I think we all assumed she told him she was pregnant. (Suggesting a juicy plot line of finding out who the daddy is: Monarch or Phantom Limb?) That cliffhanger seemed to have vaporized.

I do have one theory of what that revelation was. Maybe Dr. Girlfriend announced she had VD? (Chlamydia specifically) In "Tears of a Sea Cow" The Monarch is caught by Dean infecting G.U.A.R.D.O.
Sep. 1, 2008, 5:00am
  • by Phil
  • (unregistered id: D3DAE242D1)
She told him, in some capacity, that he was in trouble with the Guild, and possibly that she was turning him over to them. Hence the present-day events of Shadowman 9. The question was answered, but indirectly.

Also, chlamydia will often rot out the womb of a female so that she cannot bear children. If The Monarch has it then so does she. It's symptomless, though, usually...so I wonder if he even told her...
Sep. 1, 2008, 6:34am
  • by Mike
  • (unregistered id: 027D18FA77)
Yeah I think her "Monarch, I'm..." line was probably along the lines of "I'm signing us up for duoship" which would make them equal partners in arching rather than her being his number two. That or "I'm making this official" or something similar. All the speculation never lived up to the real question, which I guess was the point.
Sep. 1, 2008, 11:15am
  • by Joe
  • (unregistered id: D197A7F08E)
Speaking of Shadowman 9, there is one peice of trivia that needs to be added: At the close as the henchmen storm the Lair of The Phantom, The Monarch's command to kill them all echo's the supposed quote from this guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnold_Amalricus
Sep. 1, 2008, 11:48am
  • by Ron Bonham
  • (unregistered id: 5D6F90B305)
I'm still stunned that alot of folks didn't get or suss or what Dr. G said to the Monarch at the end of season 2.
Sep. 1, 2008, 8:52pm
  • by Olindoom
  • (unregistered id: 19803777C4)
yeah, Of all the things people talk about on here I thought I just missed it as well.
Monarch said something about this is the last thing I thought you'd say but I just didn't get what he was refering to.
Sep. 2, 2008, 9:55pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Robdai unlocked One Year Later May. 2, 2024, 2:50am
  • Robexz unlocked One Year Later May. 1, 2024, 8:31pm
  • Robpbu unlocked One Year Later May. 1, 2024, 10:45am
  • Robdle unlocked One Year Later May. 1, 2024, 10:17am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites