Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Bonzo the Fifth
  • (unregistered id: C3CD9ECCF3)
It does appear that this episode has set up the theme for Season 4--internecine conflict. Team Venture is sundered with the departure of Brock (and destruction of HELPeR--who I'm pretty sure is Killed Off For Real this time). The titular Venture Brothers are quite likely looking at a very dark time, as Hank is becoming much more obviously (and dangerously) foolhardy, dangerous (to himself, if not others), and deluded (as it appears he's completely bought 21's claims of Hank's immortality with his ridiculous amount of risk-taking as of late)... And Dean? Very early in the 4th season, I imagine a rather unsubtle point will be made that Rusty is doing to Dean more or less exactly what Jonas did to him, only whereas Rusty was just wrecked by Jonas' appallingly bad upbringing, Dean is close to being destroyed.

The latter half of season 3 has, after a fashion 're-introduced' a lot of characters, like Billy and White, giving them backstory, and even linchpinning more than a couple of episodes on the characters. It is possible that a new Team Venture may be in the making, but I suspect that it's not the OSI or the Guild that they're going to be facing... they might have to deal with the original Team Venture (and maybe JJ) once word gets out about recent events (Orb, the cloning facility, etc.), they might decide that Rusty's crossing the line from incompetent slacker to a potential danger to be dealt with (if for no other reason than to protect Jonas' public image which is probably going to take a beating if some of this seasons' revelations ever goes public). Even if this scenario is a bit far-fetched, I don't think it's too much to predict that Rusty's going to confront his father in a very real, material way next season, either personally, or by proxy of his father's remaining associates.

Obviously, the Guild/OSI stalemate is simply no longer sustainable, the same rules no longer applying to the world, a fact pounded home with 24's (apparent) death. With certain wildcards waiting in the wings now (ORB, Phantom Limb, the Blackhearts, etc.) that will only destabilize this situation further.

As for the Monarch. I think others are right in pointing out that the Monarch is royally frakked now. There's no way the Guild will replace his henchmen in any plausible way, now, and he, too, will likely be forced to deal with the 'real world' consequences of his actions, instead of relying on the Guild to hide him from it anymore. One critical question is going to be Who pushed the button? We were meant to notice it left in the chair, so it's obvious that there was foul play involved here. Obviously the Monarch or DMtM didn't press it. It's likely to have been the Moppets, but not certain. Speaking of the Moppets, I suspect their 'move' against the Monarch is probably going to happen pretty early on, as this would be the best time to strike: Defeated and depleted in both resources, henchmen and spirit, this is probably his lowest moment, even beating his prison stint, since this was supposed to be his coup de tat: Ultimate victory defined by Venture's head on a stick. Instead, he was totally humiliated.

It's at least going to be interesting to see what shakes out from this... On the good side, this should mean that we'll be getting some answers come next season. We surely can't take any more questions at this point.

Just my $0.02
Aug. 23, 2008, 10:15am
  • by Mr. Mihocik
  • (unregistered id: 6FD525519D)
I watch Lost, so I'm used to unawnsered questions. Bring em on says I. More fun to speculate.
Aug. 23, 2008, 4:17pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Vikidbr unlocked One Year Later May. 17, 2024, 3:54am
  • Vikixoh unlocked One Year Later May. 11, 2024, 4:03am
  • Vikipxc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 9:04pm
  • Vikixsc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 8:49pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites