Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Steve W
  • (unregistered id: BA3875CE05)
It's a little sad to think of Henchman 21 without 24 always backing him up. It might be interesting if 21 quits, goes to work for Sgt. Hatred, and Hatred (and his troops) end up being Dr. Venture's new bodyguards. I've always liked Sgt. Hatred, when he's not talking about young boys. Ewwww.

Helper being blown up was pretty horrible, too. He's like the unwanted child that never got any respect. It might be pretty interesting if there was another version of Helper for his mind to go into, kind of like the Cylons from Battlestar Galactica.

It sounds like Dr. Venture has had enough of cloning his kids. Which is nice, he'll be taking their safety more seriously. Of course, there's a hell of a lot of room at the Venture compound, he could always start up again secretly. Who cares if the OSI don't like it, since they aren't in charge of him, just his bodyguard.

I was hoping for a little more resolution of the Dean/Triana relationship. Ah well, there's always next season. And I'd love to see more Order of the Triad next season too. Hell, it'd be cool if the OSI hired the Order to be Dr. Venture's bodyguards!

This season turned out to be a bit of a letdown from last season, but it still ended up pretty okay. I'm glad there's not going to be such a long wait for season 4 as there was between season 2 and 3. No year long wait for renewal. Thank God. I wouldn't be able to stand it.
Aug. 23, 2008, 10:05am
  • by Bonzo the Fifth
  • (unregistered id: C3CD9ECCF3)
Re: Venture being serious. It's already started.

"You only live once."

That line both established the end of the cloning as a plot device, now and forever, and Venture's long suppressed sense of parenthood and responsibility beginning to come to the surface.

While from a certain standpoint, it would be easy to reestablish the status quo at this point (Doc rebuilds cloning facility, Monarch gets away for pretty much EVERYTHING he did in Season 3 with the Guild, Venture twins go back to being dopey fools and Brock comes back), I think it's fairly obvious that Hammer and Publick don't want to go back to that status quo. It's done. It's played out. Now it's time for something completely different with these people. "Cremation Creek" was the culmination of what they wanted to do with this system within the rules that already existed. Season 3 pretty much spent most of it's time dismantling those rules one by one, essentially kicking away several of the 'plot crutches' that have kept this ridiculous system afloat for so long. Just as Season 3 was way different from 2, I think 4 will be quite different from both, especially given that Hammer and Publick have both said they didn't want to approach their two season deal as simply "one season in two parts". S4 will be distinct, but with all the dangling threads left at this point, I can't see how there will be a chance for any sort of 'filler' episodes next season. This will likely be very much more continuity and arc heavy than any season yet...

As such, I can't say yet whether I'm disappointed or jaw droppingly amazed at Season 3, as I think it will only really be truly appreciated once season 4 comes out to see how the narrative flows from this season to the next, and whether certain plot threads brought up and seemingly abandoned (Phantom Limb, Dermott, ORB, Jonas Sr., possibly Killinger) get satisfying follow ups to have made the effort of bringing it up to start with worthwhile...
Aug. 23, 2008, 10:36am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Vikidbr unlocked One Year Later May. 17, 2024, 3:54am
  • Vikixoh unlocked One Year Later May. 11, 2024, 4:03am
  • Vikipxc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 9:04pm
  • Vikixsc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 8:49pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites