Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by carterman
  • (unregistered id: FFFBF630D9)
Loved the twist at the end...it made sense and was hilarious.

Questions:
1) What happens to Brock now?
2) Does Sgt. Hatred really become the new bodyguard?
3) 24!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4) HELPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5) Are the boys no longer immortal as all the clones have been used up? And why would you send a bunch of clone slugs out there anyway?

Man, I can't wait for season 4. And the season 3 DVD, although that's less of an issue. Maybe Season 3 will come out on Blu-Ray? Hopefully? Possibly? Maybe?
Aug. 23, 2008, 2:02am
  • by carterman
  • (unregistered id: FFFBF630D9)
And to tell the truth, I'm actually kinda happy that one of 21 and 24 are dead, they were starting to annoy me a bit.

I also miss the far more capable Monarch we saw in The Lepidopterists, although that may have been more of a Dr. Girlfriend thing.
Aug. 23, 2008, 2:04am
  • by cgeye
  • (unregistered id: 6D4C0083DB)
I think The Monarch went all in, with his hatred -- not even Dr. G could stop him in *his* headlong rush toward destruction.

A power deathblossom suit? With no mobility?

Knowing he was entering a trap, and feeling that sacrificing his minions was worth it?

Going directly against the OSI must violate some Guild protocol, so even the joy of going full out against a now-vulnerable Dr. Venture will be lost.

And as for Sgt. Hatred -- i know Brock didn't say squat about seeing him at OSI, but General *Traister* not saying anything? I know, I know, next season...

As for Molotov's and Hunter's play, all I can say is: Civil War.

If you've got independent assassins being capable and efficient for cash, there's no stopping scores from being settled between the Guild and OSI -- with the protagonists smack dab in the middle.

"Prelude to a Kill" indeed, Mr. Publick.
Aug. 23, 2008, 2:10am
  • by Mongrove
  • (unregistered id: BC5F055D6D)
Don't be too sure that 24 is gone for good. Ever notice how many henchmen look and sound JUST LIKE 24?

Insane theory: The Mighty Monarch perfected cloning in college, which Dr. Venture stole, thus earning the Monarch's eternal hatred and oath of vengeance. And, you know, Henchmen are hard to find sometimes, so you might as well clone them.
Aug. 25, 2008, 5:09am
  • by barrytown
  • (unregistered id: 936F26E427)
impossible for several reasons:
1) the T-shirt, which you didn't see when you wrote this
2)Venture learned cloning from his father most likely, as per Brisby's interest in the Incredible Mr. Brisby
3)I think it was pretty clear that that was 24s head 21 caught at the end there

Then again, they have thrown us off at times before.
Aug. 25, 2008, 8:06am
  • by wizburf
  • (unregistered id: A60656486C)
I'd support the idea that 24's head actually wasn't.
All OSI had the same faces and all henchmen had 24's face.
21 was still calling for 24 but it would be *that* far fetched to think that having a 24-like (not 24's) head falling on the knees of 21 when he calls 24 is a trick.

proof :
we didn't see 24's head being ripped off when the car exploded.
there's been several 24-like heads severed during the fight (straight from the beginning of the battle, then when a henchman launches the Monarch's ultimate death-dispensing suit.
So it's all in our head that the process of associating still moments (24 in front of car - car explosion - 21 calling 24 - one head falling on 21) to recreate it as
21 saw 24 die in the car explosion.
This is another way to think about it :
21 and 24 are fed up with serving the Monarch (as we have been witnessing since the last 3-4 episodes, they avoid all engagement).
24 uses this opportunity to escape service by being presumed dead. 21 will desert arguing he's shocked and can't resume henchmanship now that his pal is dead.

I also strongly suppose the bomb was triggered by the dwarves because they hate 21 and 24 as we have already seen.

Hmmmmm... what I wonder most is : will brock have time to grow a new mullet before the beginning of season 4 ????????? I can't find sleep because of this now !!
Aug. 28, 2008, 9:07pm
  • by DeimosMasque
  • (unregistered id: DD74F4CF47)
But all the Henchmen DON'T look like 24. 24 has a cleft chin, it is a cleft chinned head that falls in to 21's chest.
Aug. 28, 2008, 9:48pm
  • by ananon
  • (unregistered id: 450D18A6E7)
Monarch Henchman that didn't look like 24:
- No. 21
- No. 1 (dead)
- Speedy (dead)
- Henchman who shot Speedy (pencil mustach. PL?)
Aug. 25, 2008, 7:26am
  • by the velvet tomahawk
  • (unregistered id: B666BD761E)
but if you remember, the henchman in dia de los dangerous that shot speedy had that voice that is eerily similar to ray romano. either jackson and doc hadn't come up with 24 and 21 (which is the case, due to their real first appearance didn't happen until episodes later, and that forementioned episode was the first episode of the first season) or 24 just decided to shave off the mustache so he wouldn't be recognizable. we all know that the monarch has a tendency to shoot his henchmen with his darts
Aug. 27, 2008, 5:11pm
  • by Mike
  • (unregistered id: 1810A2A1DF)
21 and 24 didn't really exist as actual characters until season two. In season 1 they were just kind of the two generic henchmen who accompanied the Monarch to certain places. If you look at the credits for Return to Spider-Skull Island they are even still listed as 'Monarch Henchman 1' and 'Monarch Henchman 2'. 24 also got a slight character redesign (his chin) between seasons 1 and 2 to help distinguish him from regular henchmen.
Aug. 28, 2008, 3:40am
  • by Phil
  • (unregistered id: D3DAE242D1)
Also, I'm pretty sure that the one who shot Speedy WAS 24. He was in disguise, like the rest of them. I doubt the mustache was real.
Aug. 28, 2008, 3:16pm
  • by N/A
  • (unregistered id: E875D7D514)
Sgt. Hatred was talking about the OSI, not being Rusty's bodyguard.
Aug. 23, 2008, 3:29am
  • by Ithidet
  • (unregistered id: 5EA84D39E5)
lets hope so
Aug. 24, 2008, 7:44am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Vikidbr unlocked One Year Later May. 17, 2024, 3:54am
  • Vikixoh unlocked One Year Later May. 11, 2024, 4:03am
  • Vikipxc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 9:04pm
  • Vikixsc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 8:49pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites