Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by cuavsfan
  • (unregistered id: 159559D514)
Shirt: Brock? Lots of choices here, but if they wanted to do a Brock shirt (in addition to the bonus one) now would be a good time...

A few more things that haven't been mentioned:

Was (the real) Dr. Mrs. the Monarch making eyes at 21 after the simulation?
Hank quoting HELPER on the coming war between humans and robots.
When Mol attacks Brock Hank forms his hands like a gun and Dean goes with the spiderman hand pose (he is wearing his spierman pjs) as they hide behind the crates.
Hank talking about how he jumped off of the roof as batman.
Aug. 17, 2008, 9:17pm
  • by carterman
  • (unregistered id: 39392D3216)
Yeah, I'm surprised no one mentioned Hank remembering jumping off the roof in the Batman costume. My guess: Hank and Dean remember that they're clones before too long. Should be interesting to see how one reacts when you find out you've died many times and are a clone.
Aug. 18, 2008, 8:20am
  • by Jory
  • (unregistered id: BE1B11F75A)
I do think it's interesting (and kind of sad) that Hank seems to have a ghost of a memory of that previous death. I'm not sure it was intended for us to labor over that point, but it's something to chew on even if not.
Aug. 18, 2008, 10:03am
  • by carterman
  • (unregistered id: 39392D3216)
Yeah...it's the kind of thing Arrested Development was great for - callbacks to previous episodes. In this case, a callback to a 2-second death scene in a montage. I LOVE THIS SHOW! [/Killinger]
Aug. 18, 2008, 11:04am
  • by cgeye
  • (unregistered id: 550CB71B9D)
What makes that interesting is how that illustrates when Doc Venture was able to harvest Hank's memories for the next clone.

Was that an actual memory, or a warning Doc implanted so he wouldn't do that silly thing again?
Aug. 18, 2008, 11:21am
  • by Josh Geller
  • (unregistered id: 7D04F15FF7)
Theoretically (in what we normally call the Real world,) you would read the state of the dead clone's brain and write it onto the new clone's brain, and you would get all memories right up to brain death. It makes sense that these memories would only be accessible during sleep.

This is what I mean by the show getting into unexpectedly deep SF territory.

Aug. 18, 2008, 9:29pm
  • by N/A
  • (unregistered id: E875D7D514)
I'm pretty sure Doc mentions using the learning beds to record the boys' memories as they slept, so in theory the dead clone's brains (or anything, really) wouldn't be necessary.
Aug. 19, 2008, 11:01am
  • by Josh Geller
  • (unregistered id: 189D78ECD9)
So how would the learning beds record Hank's memory of having jumped off the roof of a building? He's dead, after, he's not going back into the learning bed until he is recloned. In other words, that does not explain how he has those memories.

Aug. 19, 2008, 1:46pm
  • by Mr. Mihocik
  • (unregistered id: C3FFD129C3)
Easy Josh. Hank had planned to jump off the roof for days. So this idea was recorded everynight. So when Hank did was recloned, he probably figured that at some point he did jump. Although the memory was still fuzzy.

Also, maybe he jumped and didnt die right away, his memories could have been recorded before he died.

Either way, Hank FTW
Aug. 19, 2008, 7:40pm
  • by Josh Geller
  • (unregistered id: 2AAAA0BA62)
This is plausible.

Aug. 19, 2008, 10:08pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Vikidbr unlocked One Year Later May. 17, 2024, 3:54am
  • Vikixoh unlocked One Year Later May. 11, 2024, 4:03am
  • Vikipxc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 9:04pm
  • Vikixsc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 8:49pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites