Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Mongrove
  • (unregistered id: 3BDD12F523)
Just an epileptic tree here (and if this is clear from "Family Slays Together", I apologize - I haven't watched it yet):

ORB is BRO spelled backwards - as in Venture BRO. In fact, if you look at the entire message with the letters 22 12 20 underlined (as Mike has done in the capsule), you see that it directly spells BRO. (Why does Doc Venture reverse BRO to assume he's looking for an ORB?)

It's not like there's a lack of letters in the code to select from. There are three B's, three R's, and six O's that could have been used. In fact, the code 22 46 64 would directly spell out ORB.

Not only is BRO the actual clue, but it's confirmed by breaking the code numbers into two numbers instead of three. 22-12-20, if examined as two numbers, becomes 221-220. Which are "brothers" in the sense that they are integers in a direct sequence.

Perhaps the ORB has something to do with cloning?
Aug. 16, 2008, 8:06pm
  • by Mongrove
Hmmm... poor phrasing on my part. Re-reading that, 221 and 220 as "integers in a direct sequence" is awkward and sucky. Should have said "consecutive numbers in reserve order." Much better. [irony]

Still... 221, 220... Like a count down, perhaps?

Or is it a meta-reference to season two, episodes 21 and 20?

Really, in an episode where the characters are solving cyphers from the arrangement of giant spider eyes, bricks in an Aztec ruin, and the appearance of numbers in a smoke ring, isn't anything fair game, here?
Aug. 17, 2008, 12:36am
  • by TeeEl
  • (unregistered id: D1251D1E2F)
The code is 221210. 22 corresponds to O, 12 corresponds to R, 10 corresponds to B. Which makes O, R, B. Bro doesn't enter into it.
Aug. 17, 2008, 9:00am
  • by Mike
  • (unregistered id: 027D18FA77)
Wow I think you are being a little insane here. They numbers are listed 22 12 20 in order which is where ORB comes from. it has nothing to do with their order as they appear in the message, you substitute each letter as it comes. 22 represents O, 12 R, 20 B in that order. you are extrapolating data from where none exists. also your last point about 221 220 is kind of insane, no offense :P
Aug. 17, 2008, 11:09am
  • by Mongrove
1. I said it was an epileptic tree, so "insane theory" is a given.

2. Yeah, duh, 22 is O, 12 is R, 10 is B. Never said it wasn't. What I said was, if you run the numbers in direct sequence of 10 12 22, you get BRO. If you were to circle the letters in the code, and read left to right, you would see that it spells BRO.

3. Why, exactly, in a show called "Venture Bros", is reading BRO out of ORB any more insane than Billy finding clues in gunshot smoke, spider eyes, and Aztec ruins?

4. No offense taken. I said it was an epileptic tree, and I'm just throwing out ideas. Apology accepted.
Aug. 17, 2008, 10:02pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Vikidbr unlocked One Year Later May. 17, 2024, 3:54am
  • Vikixoh unlocked One Year Later May. 11, 2024, 4:03am
  • Vikipxc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 9:04pm
  • Vikixsc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 8:49pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites