Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by ataribot
  • (unregistered id: FF86AC955B)
I knew I had seen Holy Diver's armor sequence somewhere:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEKwrI5MYIM&feature=related

I always get a good laugh at this horrible show when flipping through christian channels. I had to google it, apparently it is called 'Bible Man'. Nice addition to the episode.
Aug. 16, 2008, 8:15am
  • by crete
  • (unregistered id: D8E4E1C77E)
shoes of ****ing peace? really?
Aug. 16, 2008, 9:21am
  • by Lord Multiman
  • (unregistered id: 9021D70F10)
Ha! A reference to an evangelical Willie Ames series. Now that's impressive!

Also, what happened to the 60 million Gathers had when he went AWOL? Why's he working in a strip club?
Aug. 16, 2008, 9:42am
  • by Joe
  • (unregistered id: D197A7F08E)
Yeah really! It's not like he had to pay that kidnapped plastic surgeon the going rate for a sex-change operation. Or even pay him at all for that matter.

I would have suggested that he take that 60 mil and put in a high-yield mutal fund.
Aug. 16, 2008, 9:38pm
  • by Josh Geller
  • (unregistered id: 241A32BF89)
He'd either pay him or kill him, and I don't make Hunter as a cold-blooded murderer.

Aug. 16, 2008, 11:56pm
  • by Joe
  • (unregistered id: D197A7F08E)
If it was kill the surgeon or risk the surgeon talking to OSI, then I'd say he'd kill him.

And I stand by my high-yield mutual fund idea.
I heard it from a mumbly foreign guy.
Aug. 17, 2008, 1:40am
  • by Josh Geller
  • (unregistered id: 49A69A6BF7)
Are you sure he kidnapped the surgeon? I misremember whether that was made explicit. Because, you don't want a pissed off surgeon working on you, when you are under anesthetics.

I think that if he did kidnap him, he wouldn't necessarily tell him the whole story, just 'play along and you can have a couple million cash at the end'.

Then kill him or not, as seems appropriate.

Aug. 17, 2008, 2:35am
  • by Lord Multiman
  • (unregistered id: 9021D70F10)
He would kill him, but my understanding would be that he didn't. He probably just paid him off. Although for THAT plastic surgery job, it must not have been much.
Aug. 17, 2008, 8:28am
  • by Josh Geller
  • (unregistered id: 36C24A10D7)
If Brock hadn't checked Hunter's crotch, I'd think that he had just kidnapped a tit guy: the switching genitalia part of any GR surgery is tricky, tricky stuff, done by urologists (in the case of M->F) who specialize in this very thing, and make good like you wouldn't believe money doing it.

I mean, anyone can make a pair of tits: couple of incisions, two silicone prosthetics et voila.

But making a pussy? It takes an artist to make a pussy. Or God.

I'm sure Hunter paid the surgeon plenty. Wouldn't want a disgruntled surgeon talking to the authorities any more than he'd want a pissed off one slicing on him while he's out.

Aug. 17, 2008, 9:43am
  • by Charlie
  • (unregistered id: 3B06860B90)
Josh, that's beautiful.

Shades of Joyce Kilmer, but sort of a lesbian version thereof.
Aug. 18, 2008, 8:34pm
  • by Josh Geller
  • (unregistered id: 7D04F15FF7)
Thank you!

Aug. 18, 2008, 9:32pm
  • by Mike
  • (unregistered id: 027D18FA77)
Haha oh man that was amazing. I had no idea that sequence was a parody of something.
Aug. 16, 2008, 9:48am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
  • (unregistered id: 09DB389B17)
Is it just me, or does Bible Man look like The Mutant from that episode of Goosebumps?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_of_the_Mutant Anybody else seen that show?
Aug. 18, 2008, 7:52am
  • by The 7 of Swords
  • (unregistered id: B83E6F355E)
I never heard of "bibleman" (wow, that's freakin' hilarious!), but I recognized the reference to Ephesians:

" ... take up the whole armor of God ... Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit ..." yadda yadda yadda, and so on and so forth, etc. etc. forever and ever amen ...

OK, I made that last part up.

Aug. 18, 2008, 6:36pm
  • by barrytown
  • (unregistered id: 936F26E427)
THAT'S THE BEST THING I EVER SAW!!
Aug. 19, 2008, 10:15am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Vikidbr unlocked One Year Later May. 17, 2024, 3:54am
  • Vikixoh unlocked One Year Later May. 11, 2024, 4:03am
  • Vikipxc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 9:04pm
  • Vikixsc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 8:49pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites