Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by The Mysterious 'H'
  • (unregistered id: 09DB389B17)
I wish I could say it lives up to the hype. I really do. But it just makes me want them to get Part 2 out so I can finish.
A few things: Not much Mol, that dissapoints me. Loved Hunter's 'Titsey Fly' line, just great. I guess we finally know where that D is on Hatred, love that too. The killers, very formulaic as far as I'm concerned. The gun guy reminds me of the Xenomorph and anime. Saw Shark Samson coming, but the hair loss is a nice callback. Holy Diver, was expecting a lot more. There was a bit of a Home Insecurity vibe at times so I was waiting for GUARDO to show up. Oh well, maybe next ep.
Also, what is up with the whole "Hank may be gay" thing? Where did this come from? I know Alchemist mentions it in Fallen Arches but it sorta came out of nowhere.
Aug. 16, 2008, 2:34am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
Oh, and 'Brock-o-dile' is cool too. I was sure it would be the Kimson nickname this week.
Aug. 16, 2008, 3:00am
  • by green lantren mogo
  • (unregistered id: 796E570BED)
me too but it wasn't. sorry. I was disapointed too.
Aug. 16, 2008, 7:55am
  • by Josh Geller
  • (unregistered id: 7D61CF4E82)
More gun wierdness from DH and JP. I live in a rural area: everyone around here, or almost everyone, owns a couple of guns at least. Not one gun owner here, or any gun owner that I have ever known has this wacky sexual fetish. Does anyone? Oh yeah, Phil Spector. OK, so there's one. But the only place (modulo PS) that you ever see this is in portrayals of gun owners by anti-gun people.

Aug. 16, 2008, 4:28am
There's a big difference between "gun owner" and "assassin," and an even greater distance between "gun owner" and "psychopathic assassin with gun fetish." I don't think there was any intention in this character to suggest that all gun owners - or, in fact, any real world gun owners - fetishize their guns.
Aug. 16, 2008, 6:59am
  • by Josh Geller
  • (unregistered id: 225A2B4578)
I hope not.

Some of their remarks make me less sure.

Having grown up in New York I know how very strange the anti-gun culture there is.

Aug. 16, 2008, 7:46am
  • by Josh Geller
  • (unregistered id: 225A2B4578)
As I point out, Phil Spector definitely fetishized his guns, probably still does since he got off for shooting that chick. It does happen.

Aug. 16, 2008, 7:48am
  • by Mr. Mihocik
  • (unregistered id: A237801998)
It said on Herr Triggers bio that he is a "weapon fetishist" so his actions were completely validated. Fucking hilarious too.
Aug. 16, 2008, 7:54am
  • by Josh Geller
  • (unregistered id: 89EB6F36BA)
Except that if you go licking machine gun flash suppressors like that, you are going to end up with second and third degree burns on your tongue.

Aug. 16, 2008, 2:17pm
  • by haux
  • (unregistered id: 8B53C9237B)
sure, burns the first bunch of times. but he's got a muzzle callus on that tongue. watch out, girls!
Aug. 16, 2008, 3:33pm
  • by Roscoe
  • (unregistered id: 34B06A0D03)
I am a gun owner (not Fetishist) and I thought that Herr Trigger was hillarious! That scene didn't strike me as an anti-Firearm Thing. just a "Boss, creepy, German Villan" thing. If anything, I suppose it strikes me more as a perpetuation of the steriotype that All Germans are sexual deviants.
Also, Yeah, he woulda' burned the hell out of his tongue.
Aug. 16, 2008, 11:47pm
  • by Josh Geller
  • (unregistered id: 241A32BF89)
Oh, he was definitely funny as all get out. No doubt about that.

No, my perception of JP and DH's political attitude goes to some of the commentary.

That is, with any luck at all, my last word on this matter.

Aug. 17, 2008, 12:01am
Its like when Lawrence of Arabia was burning himself with matches and the clerk said "how do you do that"...and to paraphrase he said something like "the trick is not minding" .....(i.e. fetish)
Aug. 21, 2008, 9:01am
  • by Josh Geller
  • (unregistered id: 68B310F114)
Thomas Edward Lawrence was a strange, strange man.

Aug. 21, 2008, 9:08am
  • by Mike
  • (unregistered id: 027D18FA77)
Uhh, I don't think Herr Trigger was meant to represent all gun owners, but you can suddenly become defensive about it. And even if it was some sort of half-assed anti-gun message, why does that even matter? Not everyone is going to share your viewpoint on everything, and this is hardly the place to discuss it either.
Aug. 16, 2008, 9:45am
  • by Josh Geller
  • (unregistered id: 89EB6F36BA)
Sorry, riding my hobby horse again.

I withdraw all objections to Herr Triggermensch's gun fetishism. It is possibly the least wierd thing about him.

Aug. 16, 2008, 2:19pm
  • by Brock's Nipple
  • (unregistered id: D9F5E4F355)
This is not meant as an insult, but, you might be a gun nut when you can watch the whole episode of an over-the-top-adventure-satire-cartoon highlighted with a guy killing someone with a weaponized shark and then say " the guy licking his gun was too unrealistic.
Aug. 16, 2008, 6:05pm
  • by DeimosMasque
  • (unregistered id: 597F89D480)
It wasn't that it wasn't realistic, he was wondering if his past-time and hobby was being attacked as being for people "who have sick fetishes"
Aug. 16, 2008, 6:21pm
  • by Josh Geller
  • (unregistered id: 95D41B637E)
Thanks, DM, that's correct.

It's happened plenty of times, in a more serious context.

I certainly realize that not everyone shares my views on the Second Amendment, especially in the entertainment industry, and I am generally tolerant of views other than my own.

Aug. 16, 2008, 7:01pm
  • by peterbr
  • (unregistered id: 7A6C8A2429)
Wait, what? Gay Hank? When? Which is not to say I have a problem with it, certainly, but...when?
Aug. 16, 2008, 6:58am
  • by donkiku
  • (unregistered id: A7C4B96D17)
Gay Hank? that didnt happen.
It was just a funny joke that gotta do with batman.
The episode was cool. My fav from the whole season.
Aug. 16, 2008, 7:06am
  • by peterbr
  • (unregistered id: 7A6C8A2429)
Ooh, right, talking about the guy in the Batman towel. I read that as a "Batman" joke rather than a "Hank is gay" joke, as well. To me, that's part of what's always makes VB funny - the bros. are so naive that they make some comments that could be construed as dirty/sexual/inappropriate, but they really have no idea what they're saying.
Aug. 16, 2008, 7:15am
  • by green lantren mogo
This is the list of previous gay hank refrencences
1.The alchemist thinking hank's gay in fallen arches
2.triana also thinking that and saying "so hank's finally come out" in the buddy system.
Aug. 16, 2008, 7:58am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
Don't forget the close relationship he has with Dermott. By the way, where is he? I was sure he'd pop up but nothing yet.
Aug. 16, 2008, 9:17am
  • by green lantren mogo
i wondered the same thing but it's likley he'll just show up in the second part on the empty venture compound just like dr.orphepus.
Aug. 16, 2008, 5:43pm
  • by Steve W
  • (unregistered id: C4F9BDC25B)
Wasn't Hank still wearing the dress from the play they put on for Triana when The Alchemist made the comment about 'accepting Hank' to Dr. Venture?

I think Hank falling in love with Nancy and Drew Quymm pretty much defeats the whole 'Hank is gay' argument.
Aug. 16, 2008, 10:11pm
  • by N/A
  • (unregistered id: E875D7D514)
The whole "Hank is gay" thing isn't an argument, it is a running gag.
Nothing Hank has done has hinted at him being gay. That's why the references to it are being played for laughs: they aren't serious.
Aug. 16, 2008, 10:29pm
  • by Josh Geller
  • (unregistered id: 241A32BF89)
Now, Dean on the other hand....

Aug. 16, 2008, 11:58pm
  • by Gor
  • (unregistered id: 50B6BDC487)
Hank didn't seem too gay while he was chasing Nancy and Drew. The boy has a healthy heterosexual libidoe.
Aug. 17, 2008, 5:30pm
  • by ananon
  • (unregistered id: 9A322BBF52)
Well perhaps this clone version isn't gay. Dr.V never did isolate the gay gene.
Aug. 17, 2008, 8:51pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Vikidbr unlocked One Year Later May. 17, 2024, 3:54am
  • Vikixoh unlocked One Year Later May. 11, 2024, 4:03am
  • Vikipxc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 9:04pm
  • Vikixsc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 8:49pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites