Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by cuavsfan
  • (unregistered id: 159559D514)
I watched it again a bit ago and I have a couple of thoughts:

Hank thinking that Brock was going to swear / talk about naked sex ladies was hilarious...

I think Brock's car tried to kill him because he didn't give the correct code when trying to access secret info... I don't think it was BECAUSE he tried to access the info...

I thought it was great that Archimedes started ORB with only a mirror... this is a reference to the story (likely myth) that Archimedes set fire to enemy ships with a system of mirrors...

Crowley said he was the "last" to add to the sphere, but I believe he meant that as in "most recent" (at the time he said it)... in other words, other people could have added after that (or might still in the future)... I wouldn't be surprised if Jonas Venture added to it in some way...

Brock referring to his assignment as ridiculous before looking at the boys and changing his words... a further reminder that we still don't know the details behind all of that...
Aug. 14, 2008, 1:14am
  • by Josh Geller
  • (unregistered id: A0861BFF22)
Archimedes Death Ray was not a myth. It has been duplicated.

They got a bunch of guys with polished bronze shields, and set them in a parabola on the shore, and trained them to reflect the sunlight off their shields onto the same spot on one ship at a time.

As I say, it has been done. By MIT students: http://www.metafilter.com/45793/Archimedes-Death-Ray-Idea-Feasibility-Testing

Aug. 14, 2008, 3:57am
  • by RhinOx
  • (unregistered id: 5D36B70A15)
Us Britons need never fear a solar power death ray, rain powered dedath ray...Now, that's different...
Aug. 14, 2008, 5:11am
  • by Amun-Ra
  • (unregistered id: EBE00567BE)
I'm pretty sure that he didn't finish saying ridiculous because when he looked at the boys he realized it would hurt their feelings.
Aug. 14, 2008, 7:19am
  • by cuavsfan
  • (unregistered id: 159559D514)
I agree. The part that is unclear is why exactly he was given the assignment (though it looks now like ORB might have been a big part of that) and by whom (OSI or somebody else?)...

The puppy-dog like faces on Hank and Dean at that part were great. There was no way Brock could have finished saying it was ridiculous ;p
Aug. 14, 2008, 8:56am
  • by DeimosMasque
  • (unregistered id: DD74F4CF47)
We saw in "The Invisible Hand of Fate" who gave him the assignment and why.

OSI gave it to him to get him out of the way, mainly because it seems more like a babysitting job than anything else if you don't know about ORB.
Aug. 14, 2008, 6:46pm
  • by Mike
  • (unregistered id: 027D18FA77)
Right, it was a "get this guy out of our hair without actually firing him" job which is perfect because he would be 'busy' the entire time, but at the same time it's an insulting assignment to give to Brock. Even if you do know about ORB it's still babysitting because, in the case of Rusty, he doesn't even know about the thing and were it not for Billy Brock would have gone his entire OSI career without doing much aside from beating up dudes who go after Dr. Venture.
Aug. 14, 2008, 8:15pm
  • by DeimosMasque
  • (unregistered id: DD74F4CF47)
And playing nursemaid to the Venture twins... they need their annual lice checks.
Aug. 14, 2008, 9:32pm
  • by Will
  • (unregistered id: 862A6B5101)
So if Myra doesn't go all Patty Hearst on Rusty, she was going to be the one to kill him if he activated the ORB? That woulda been quite a scene.
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:20pm
  • by Trashcan Man
  • (unregistered id: B16763C1BD)
Which is why OSI had to remove her, as they probably felt that her feelings for Rusty would have compromised her ability to execute "Operation Rusty's Blanket"
Aug. 15, 2008, 6:37am
  • by cpc65
  • (unregistered id: 760CA431DC)
Depsite Brock's feelings about his asignment, he definately cares about the boys as he's put his life on the line many a times to save them and I think it goes beyond just doing his duty. Despite what has now transpired, I don't think that will ever change for Brock.
Aug. 15, 2008, 4:14am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Julifpo unlocked One Year Later Apr. 24, 2024, 6:30pm
  • Julivvh unlocked One Year Later Apr. 24, 2024, 10:32am
  • Julieod unlocked One Year Later Apr. 24, 2024, 5:43am
  • Juliimc unlocked One Year Later Apr. 24, 2024, 4:18am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites