Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

Just a note - I found an animation blooper in this episode that may be nifty for the capsule.

After discussing that the box may contain either poison gas or gold and diamonds, right as Billy opens the box - you can see that both his hands are robotic. Just a few frames of animation - but noticable!
Aug. 10, 2008, 2:02pm
  • by Richard
  • (unregistered id: 52D17ACB43)
It seemed like there were a number of animation bloopers this episode. Other than Billy's two robotic hands and the two cylinders in Brock's box, Billy climbed along the rope that he fired from the crossbow in the Frick by taking two hands off the rope at once. This looked weird and caused him to float.

But these little mistakes are excusable, because this episode was much, much richer in character animation than any yet. Check out the scene with Brock talking to Hunter. There are so many little things in their movements that I didn't catch the first time around. In the midst of having their conversation, Hunter's cigarette goes out, he coyly motions for Brock to relight it (which Brock does); immediately after, a stripper (from Mid-Life Chrysalis?) walks past and Brock's eyes follow her butt, and then Brock responds to Hunter with an exaggerated facial expression. No static bodies here! Little things like Brock cracking his back (twice this episode!) really add to the atmosphere. And the Alchemist has become especially animated. I loved his pelvis thrusts when he said "I'm on the job".
Aug. 11, 2008, 12:12am
  • by Ron Bonham
  • (unregistered id: 14EA8E7495)
2 more "mistakes", when Pete press the keyboard he hit the shift not the return key. And when White falls into Brocks room his right shoe is off and he is handed the left by Hank. Sorry if this is too nit-picking just a few lil things I caught. Oh yeah and Brocks headphones are of the Minnesota Vikings! Can't believe the are only 2 more episodes left this season. It's been a wild ride for sure, and it is my fave season as well! QUALITY!
Aug. 11, 2008, 1:58am
  • by TeeEl
  • (unregistered id: D1251D1E2F)
As long as we're naming them: the Aztec calendar hiding the wall safe disappears after Doc closes it and turns away.

Also, the flashback scene where Sandow is carrying Crowley out has some pretty shoddy animation; everyone's heads turn to watch him go, but everyone's bodies stay static, so you get a creepy exorcist head spin effect. There are even some animation artifacts on the guy sitting at Wilde's left, with his head "smearing" a bit as it pivots.
Aug. 11, 2008, 1:59am
  • by Hardy
  • (unregistered id: 6EEC4DBDDC)
The Aztec calender-safe does not disappear, it's just out of the frame. It is a fair bit above the paper-mache sword (that Hank used to attack Rusty in Assassinanny 911) which is in the shot when Doc turns around.
Aug. 11, 2008, 8:12pm
  • by Mike
  • (unregistered id: 027D18FA77)
Yeah the direction in this episode was really well done. As you said lots of subtle stuff you don't notice on the first viewing because you are paying attention to the crazy story. One of my favorite scenes is the one where Brock is listening to the gramophone thing. He's just sitting there listening and smoking but the way he's positioned and the way his breathing reacts to what Sandow is saying (easily seen because he is smoking) is very subtle and nuanced but so well done. Huge props to Jackson and the storyboard guys for doing stuff like that.
Aug. 11, 2008, 2:45am
  • by Hardy
  • (unregistered id: 6EEC4DBDDC)
It was very clear to me that Billy was pulling himself with the rope while laying on his back on the floor. I think this was intentional (for humor!).
Aug. 11, 2008, 8:06pm
  • by Creepy Crooner
  • (unregistered id: 8F73EA59C9)
Yea, totally! That's why it was hilarious! He was sliding along the ground!
Aug. 12, 2008, 1:29am
  • by Doc Kneezy
  • (unregistered id: 9B6ECE23A0)
I was scared JP and Doc were losing their steam because the last 2 eps weren't over the top as I have come to expect but this episode shattered those doubts. This was a exceptionally well written episode. Mostly because it is the ONLY episode ever that built up suspense all the way through it. It was more like a mystery rather than the usual comedy. I can't wait for the next 2 eps. I hoping with every fiber of my being that Phantom Limb comes back in these next eps. If he doesn't I'll feel a little dissapointed even if the episodes are great because he's still my favorite character. I'm hoping he gets a hold of the ORB and uses it for revenge.
Aug. 12, 2008, 3:14am
  • by cgeye
  • (unregistered id: D116DB201C)
On the extra ORB commentary, they mentioned this show was written second for the season -- which means they had time to fill in all the details to lead up to it. Clever minkeys....
Aug. 15, 2008, 9:19am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Leonzzj unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 3:45pm
  • Leonkew unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 10:01am
  • Leonlfh unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 7:43am
  • Leonebn unlocked One Year Later Apr. 16, 2024, 1:25am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites