Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Ticking-Glock
  • (unregistered id: EF20B98917)
Throughout the season I keep feeling as if these episodes need to be longer. I still love the show... They are really pushing the envelope and keeping things going, but there are too many questions raised in each episode, and too much intrigue for me to be satisfied with the endings when the ideas and characters in the episode haven't had time to "rise in the oven before they are taken out". Maybe I'm in the minority as far as this opinion goes.
Aug. 9, 2008, 3:53am
  • by Jory
  • (unregistered id: 4658719524)
It's great to hear (read) someone on this site say (type) that. Season three has been wholly underwhelming. I'm holding out hope for number 4.
Aug. 9, 2008, 4:49am
  • by Jory
I should elaborate. There have been good episodes, like "Dr. Quymn", and great episodes, like "Tears of a Sea Cow" and "Now Museum, Now You Don't", but this season is the first to have nearly this many really lacking moments, scenes, and entire episodes. "Home is Where the Hate Is" is probably the least memorable and least interesting bit of Venture so far, and "Lepidopterists" felt like filler in the middle of a season that has been overstuffed with new content.

It's not that I haven't enjoyed the hell out of Season 3, but the show's change(s) in direction hasn't quite been for the better. Congratulations to Jackson and Doc for what is still easily the best show on TV and my favorite, but I'm hoping the two-parter is a real blast- ORB sure has enough potential to make for a great closer.
Aug. 9, 2008, 5:12am
  • by TeeEl
  • (unregistered id: D1251D1E2F)
You're right. The change in direction hasn't been for the better, it has been for THE AWESOMER.

I can see how someone might find Season 2 preferable on a couple of counts. Season 3 started out rather slowly and hasn't had the same sort of strong unifying arc that Season 2 had. Personally I think the many other strengths of the episodes this season more than make up for these flaws, but if you disagree I can see where you're coming from in regards to last season. I'm... really not sure how Season 1 competes in any way, shape, or form with this season, though. I mean, you had Tag Sale... and that's it. If I had started watching the show in the first season rather than picking up early on in the second season, I would not still be watching it.
Aug. 9, 2008, 6:48am
  • by Jory
I agree about Season 1. I started watching the show the first night the pilot aired, and I didn't exactly love it, but something about "Dia De Los Dangerous" however many months later caught my attention, in spite of its flaws, and I'm glad I hung on.

And again, it's not that I haven't eagerly awaited each Friday to get my fix of Venture this season, and it's not that I haven't still enjoyed every single episode, and not even that I've had a real problem with the new direction the show has taken, I just don't the execution has been all it could be. I think the perfect fix for the problems I've had would be for the show to be bumped up to a full hour. Man, that'd be beautiful.
Aug. 9, 2008, 8:03am
  • by TeeEl
  • (unregistered id: D1251D1E2F)
Ah. OK, I got you now.

Generally I think that, on an individual basis, most of this season's episodes have been just about the right length for me. I agree that 13 episodes of twenty two minutes apiece is not enough to pack in a season that truly does the show justice, though. I wouldn't give up a minute of this season, but there are indeed a few threads which have been left dangling. Witness Sgt. Hatred's role; I actually think he was set up beautifully in Home is..., but in spite of being closely connected with this season's arc all he's had since then was an appearance in Buddy System. Which was superb, but they still could have done more.
Aug. 9, 2008, 8:19am
  • by Ticking-Glock
My sentiments exactly.
Aug. 9, 2008, 8:10pm
  • by Ticking-Glock
I actually liked the first season a lot.
Aug. 9, 2008, 8:11pm
  • by Amun-Ra
  • (unregistered id: EBE00567BE)
I did as well. I was glad when Brisby turned out to still be alive, and I enjoyed seeing Bizzy Bee everywhere in Times Square this episode :-p.
Aug. 9, 2008, 8:20pm
  • by donkiku
  • (unregistered id: A7C4B96D17)
Yeah me too. I started watching on Season 1 and I loved it lots.

Overall, the only episodes i dont really enjoy are
those involving Ben Edlund. I don't like Col. Bud Manstrong at all. And The Viva los Muertos had something I didn't like.

But here I list the seasons in the order I enjoy most.

Season 2
Season 1
Season 3
Aug. 9, 2008, 9:13pm
  • by Jory
That's odd, haha, Viva Los Muertos is one of my very favorites. And, yeah, I dig the hell out of the first season, but it takes a few eps to get swinging. About Mid-Life Chrysalis it starts to hit its stride, and then it's pure gold.
Aug. 10, 2008, 4:18am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Jaowela unlocked One Year Later Mar. 27, 2024, 1:40pm
  • Antoniohkl unlocked One Year Later Mar. 23, 2024, 11:49pm
  • Antoniogux unlocked One Year Later Mar. 23, 2024, 7:14pm
  • Antonioonk unlocked One Year Later Mar. 23, 2024, 10:53am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites