Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Pvt. Schwa
  • (unregistered id: 8FA49D19FD)
Wow... this was an amazing episode! JP and Doc are obviously brewing something big for the finale - Jonas Sr.'s death, the founding of the guild, and so on. And biggest of all, it seems like Dr. Venture is finally turning into a real protagonist.

Aside from all the buildup, this was a well-crafted and enjoyable episode. Lots of good Venture Bros moments, proof that Brock still has it, and of course it's always good to see Pete, Billy and the Triad. I almost died laughing at the "they TP'd your corporeal form" line.
Aug. 9, 2008, 2:58am
  • by Josh Geller
  • (unregistered id: 89EB6F36BA)
Rusty is really turning into sort of a sweet guy, if only sometimes and maybe a bit grudgingly. Brought a tear to my eye, it did.

Aug. 9, 2008, 9:23am
  • by green lantren mogo
  • (unregistered id: BDB2D3480C)
I agree. This episode was awesome. rusty was likable, the boys t.p.ing orpheus's corporeale form was hilarious and colonel gathers was creepy. But yeah here's a list of unsolved plot points tha thave not yet been revisited.
1.the monarch's free raid on the venture compound.
2.what the ORB does.
3.Who's behind the ORB conspiracy.
4.The moppets plan from "home is where the hate is"
5.Phantom limbs current state.
6.The captains job distatifaction
7.the captains addiction to tranquilizer darts
8.The fate of sally's brother cody.
9.trianna's friend kim becoming a super villan(Victor, echo, november)
10.Dermiott being brock's son.
11.The monarch's obseison with dr.venture.
12.sgt.hatred arching dr.venture
14.Billy and petes quest for an arch.
15.Hank thinkning he's immortal.
This is all I could come up with but anyone of these 15 plot points(or at least 5 or 6 of them)
Aug. 10, 2008, 10:07am
  • by Pvt. Schwa
  • (unregistered id: F93E69382C)
Don't forget...
16. How Jonas Sr. died
17. Whether Sgt. Haines, who assigned Brock to Operation Rusty's Blanket, is Sgt. Hatred
18. If yes, how did Haines become Hatred?
19. How the Guild was founded in its current inception
20. Who is the OSI's analogue of the Sovereign?
21. Whether Myra is really the boys' mother.
22. What happened to Rusty's mother
23. Triana warming to Dean's advances
Aug. 10, 2008, 1:20pm
  • by green lantren mogo
  • (unregistered id: F17E5C5DAE)
dude, thanks I totally forgot those but myra was pretty much proven by the invisible hand of fate but I hope they tackle 23 cause I really like that plot point and 22. brought up a good one and one neither of us thought of
24.the identity of rusty's mother
25.the identity of dermotts mother
Aug. 11, 2008, 2:03am
  • by RhinOx
  • (unregistered id: 5D36B70A15)
26. Brock's dislike for hand guns (Stange because he seems to like giant crossbows and giant phallic death rays).
Aug. 12, 2008, 2:08pm
  • by Josh Geller
  • (unregistered id: B2AA9BDEC8)
JP and DH are wierd about guns and fighting generally. The further away they stay from trying to explain things like this, the better everyone is going to like it. If they try they are just going to paint themselves further into a corner.

Aug. 14, 2008, 8:31am
  • by Jory
  • (unregistered id: AB7E8D7787)
In keeping with the whole "Venture Bros. is for clever people" notion, I think Jackson and Doc intended for us to immediately infer that Sgt. Haine is Sgt. Hatred, because of the similarity in appearance, voice, character, Guild membership, NAME... I don't think they need to tell us, point-blank, "Sergeant Haine is Sergeant Hatred."
Aug. 11, 2008, 6:42am
  • by Pvt. Schwa
  • (unregistered id: E856CE5566)
I agree, I think it's pretty obvious. What I really meant to say is that it's been shown to us that Sgt. Hatred was once Brock's superior in the OSI, and now he's a Guild-certified villain. He seemed sort of evil when he assigned Brock to Rusty's Blanket, but we now know that that mission wasn't (only) a punishment. Was he working with the Guild then? Did he know about ORB? etc...
Aug. 12, 2008, 12:28am
  • by Jory
  • (unregistered id: 4658719524)
Ah, I didn't think of that possibility. He did give Brock the ORB orders...
Aug. 12, 2008, 4:12am
  • by barrytown
  • (unregistered id: 936F26E427)
they resolved how jonas sr. died. kano killed him. when brock asked him if that's what happened to jonas, and he clammed up, I think it's pretty clear
Aug. 11, 2008, 8:16am
  • by barrytown
  • (unregistered id: 936F26E427)
after reviewing some of the other comments and thinking it over, I have to rescind that comment. I agree that it's entirely probable that Kano did not kill Jonas, and his death was not related to ORB
Aug. 11, 2008, 8:31am
  • by green lantren mogo
  • (unregistered id: 01CD8A74ED)
another posibility is that he's still alive
Aug. 11, 2008, 9:32am
  • by cpc65
  • (unregistered id: 760CA431DC)
I had predicted about 4 episodes ago that season finalee would reveal that Jonas is, or at least may possibly be, still alive and maybe in hiding, or imprisoned. It will probably tie in with ORB somehow.
Aug. 12, 2008, 2:27am
  • by Jay
  • (unregistered id: 226A569CB6)
Jonas Sr. is dead. Kano killed him.
Aug. 13, 2008, 2:24pm
  • by cpc65
That was just Brock's assumption. Kano never confirmed or denied it, but he may have had something to do with Jonas being in hiding or imprisioned. Like Col. Gentleman, he'll be back!
Aug. 14, 2008, 2:30am
  • by cpc65
see further down, probably 208 for more on this.
Aug. 15, 2008, 3:51am
  • by Mike
  • (unregistered id: 027D18FA77)
#1 was resolved in that episode. The Monarch tricked Dean into not telling his father and Dermott was bribed into keeping his mouth shut. 21 thought he was killing Hank but of course he only tranqed him so that's one loose end but we can assume Hank was so engrossed with his own immortality that he forgot or Dermott and Dean may have convinced him to keep quiet.

#7 I don't know if it's worth worrying about I feel like that was just a goofy subplot, though with this show you can certainly never tell when a seemingly throwaway character will suddenly become major (and the Pirate Captain has certainly appeared more than I ever thought it would at this point).

#8 is simple, Cody is probably on Spider-Skull Island but in that glass chamber since he can't be exposed to an oxygen-rich environment. He's kind of a difficult character to keep around anyway because all he does is sleep or scream in horrible pain.

#9 the writers have said don't hold your breath. Kim is not a major character. Doc Hammer said everyone only actually cares because she's hot.

the rest are legitimate however!
Aug. 11, 2008, 2:51am
  • by crete
  • (unregistered id: 19422C5311)
I think #1 was in reference to the insinuations created by "The Lepidopterists" rather than anything that happened in "Tears of a Sea Cow".
Aug. 11, 2008, 4:16am
  • by green lantren mogo
exactly!
Aug. 11, 2008, 10:07pm
  • by green lantren mogo
As for cody that's what I think too.
Aug. 11, 2008, 10:08pm
  • by Creepy Crooner
  • (unregistered id: 8F73EA59C9)
It seems obvious that a handful of these plot points will be addressed in the finale. There are some things that will probably be explored/resolved in season 4 (since they're already writing the new season, it's possible that they inserted plot points with that preconceived notion). Clearly some of the plot points were just throw-away jokes and the like.

1.the monarch's free raid on the venture compound.

Seems clear that this will factor greatly into the season finale.

2.what the ORB does.

Due to all the information that has been dumped upon us in last week's episode, it seems like the orb will factor into the finale, but i could also see this as an introduction to a main plotline of season 4. Tough call.

3.Who's behind the ORB conspiracy.

What conspiracy? It seems that OSI is the party concerned with keeping the orb deactivated. How this factors in to the plot or the season finale beats me (see #2)

4.The moppets plan from "home is where the hate is"

I think this may also come up in the finale, since the Monarch and Sheila will undoubtedly be heavily involved. If it doesn't I suppose we can write it off as just more Moppet character development or possibly a continuing mystery for season 4.

5.Phantom limbs current state.

I could really see this going either way. The Phantom's appearance at the end of Shadowman 9 lead me to believe we'd be seeing more of him throughout the season. Once again I think it's fairly likely he will show up in the finale (especially with his grandfather being involved in the old school guild) but would not be surprised if they saved him for next season.

6.The captains job distatifaction

Although they have spent a couple of episodes exploring the Captain's jaded outlook (and his inability to escape his pirate past), I don't see this being an important plot point. I see it more as developing a minor character - giving him a little more depth, and proving that JJ's team is just as dysfunctional as Rusty's. Not something they're gonna "wrap up".

7.the captains addiction to tranquilizer darts

See above. I saw this as less of a plot point and more of a joke. It only seems natural that someone would become addicted to tranq darts, what with their liberal use in the Venture world.

8.The fate of sally's brother cody.

Cody is the definition of a one-joke character. Despite Jackson and Doc's knack for making seemingly one-off characters into fully-realized people, I don't expect to see Cody again.

9.trianna's friend kim becoming a super villan(Victor, echo, november)

I don't think we'll ever see this plot realized, no matter how hot Kim is and how much everybody wants to see it happen. Do we really need another side plot featuring a peripheral character? Of course we don't. If this list proves anything it's that MORE subplots are not needed at this point.

10.Dermiott being brock's son.

Clearly this is a huge one. I'm almost positive that Dermott will be back at some point in the finale, although I wouldn't be at all surprised if they kept the mystery going into next season, kind of like the whole Marla deal.

11.The monarch's obseison with dr.venture.

Clearly this goes hand in hand with #1. I'm sure it won't be totally resolved but it will obviously factor in.

12.sgt.hatred arching dr.venture

I have a feeling that Hatred will also show up in the finale. The Monarch moving in on his arch will surely cause more drama between the two villains.

14.Billy and petes quest for an arch.

This really hasn't been mentioned since early in season 2 (20 years to midnight). More than anything, it was just a good joke for the characters before they became more well-realized. Plus they already worked that angle with Orpheus and the order of the triad.

15.Hank thinkning he's immortal.

Another fact that may or may not factor in to the finale, but is less of a plot point and more of a joke/set-up for jokes involving cloning and such.

16. How Jonas Sr. died

I can't decide whether this is a giant red herring type thing or if it's really going to matter. The mystery of Jonas' death has been mentioned numerous times but never as if it was particularly important. The fact that it may have had something to do with the ORB is intriguing but I'm still not sure how it's all gonna factor in to the finale.

17. Whether Sgt. Haines, who assigned Brock to Operation Rusty's Blanket, is Sgt. Hatred

I think this was fairly obvious. The more interesting question is whether or not there was particular motivation for his assigning Brock to O.R.B. If those stories are indeed related, we may get more of this. If not, it was probably just a cool character reference.

18. If yes, how did Haines become Hatred?

Does it matter? Maybe. But I doubt it.

19. How the Guild was founded in its current inception

Clearly this is a big plot point. Like I keep saying, it remains to be seen whether this story will come to fruition by season's end
Aug. 11, 2008, 11:48pm
  • by Creepy Crooner
I just realized that my comment got cut off. Guess i was a little long-winded. Well I don't really feel like rewriting the end. Like so many unresolved plot points... it shall remaina mystery!
Aug. 11, 2008, 11:57pm
  • by Amun-Ra
  • (unregistered id: EBE00567BE)
If Hatred knows about the ORB, and assigned Brock to Rusty's Blanket knowing about it, I could see that factoring into the finale in a big way.
Aug. 12, 2008, 4:03am
  • by Creepy Crooner
Yea, that's true. I actually wouldn't be THAT surprised if Jackson and Doc figure out a way to somehow tie up all the loose ends presented in this season over the coarse of the two-part finale.
That said, they also enjoy ending seasons on ridiculous cliff-hangers and setting up key elements for the upcoming season in the current season's finale (season 1 - Phantom Limb puts the Monarch in jail, setting up the season 2 love triangle type deal; season 2 - Sheila gets the Monarch to stop arching Rusty, as per secret guild orders, setting up the arching conflict in season 3). Basically I'm saying that's it's not inconceivable to think that some of the loose ends presented above will not be wrapped up this season.
And some of them (i.e. Kim becoming a villain, Cody's fate) are clearly unrelated to this season and probably won't be touched on ever again.
Aug. 12, 2008, 4:48am
  • by green lantren mogo
  • (unregistered id: AFAC9E177B)
Good job on the analisis.
Aug. 13, 2008, 9:41pm
  • by green lantren mogo
  • (unregistered id: 1656042A97)
First off i'd like to say that cpc65 is right. But go to tv.com fro a statling theroy that could rock you're socks off!(the jonas senior one) anyways I thought i'd finish the analisys of my own list as a courtesy since creepy croonerwas cut off.
20. Who is the OSI's analogue of the Sovereign?
I don't think that will be covered but it might. 50/50 chance.
21. Whether Myra is really the boys' mother.
I think that theres enough evidence to prove that.(see the invisible hand of fate and dr.guymn, mediceine woman)
22. What happened to Rusty's mother
That might be covered. 50/50 just like 20
23. Triana warming to Dean's advances
Oh yeah. I love that subplot and given the fact that trian's costume from the season 3 promo picture(along with brock, hank and j.j's)(and dr.o's I think i'm not sure on that one) so it might come into play.
24.rusty's mother
50/50
25.dermott's mom
If he show's up and that plot's resolved it will probably be revealed.
Aug. 14, 2008, 10:06am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Julifpo unlocked One Year Later Apr. 24, 2024, 6:30pm
  • Julivvh unlocked One Year Later Apr. 24, 2024, 10:32am
  • Julieod unlocked One Year Later Apr. 24, 2024, 5:43am
  • Juliimc unlocked One Year Later Apr. 24, 2024, 4:18am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites