Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by haux
  • (unregistered id: 8B53C9237B)
Ünterland, schmünterland.
that is so last season.

ok, so we've seen everything in the pre-season 3 trailer now.
and some super-awesomeness in this latest episode.

Orpheus voicing Crowley. perfect and obvious.

Tesla with the Avon Ladies - didn't Tesla do something with an engine and Avon? were they surrounding and attacking from Tesla electro-jet packs?

Colonel Lloyd Venture sure sounds a lot like Colonel Gentleman, and not a bit like Jonas Sr. i detect some sort of clonery, or maybe a transporting malfunction and JS got the superscience half and CG got the punching dandy half.

Rusty looks a little Devo in those shorts and turtleneck.

the cast in the TV show looked a bit different than the ones in the actual show (the cartoon we just watched - this is going to get a little meta). the show we saw the opening to and the scene Billy is watching - is it a cartoon or a live-action show? and in either case, is Thaddeus Venture portraying Rusty Venture as these events happened, or are these shows are reenactments of his adventures with actors? did Rusty play Rusty on his show?

how did Doc know that the box was for Brock? i expect there was writing on it, but the ASfix broadcast wasn't clear.

in the Vicky scene, it looked like there were a few proto-strangers for the guild in the airship (the three guys in cowls and tophats and goggles). and the logo on the airship is the Guild dragon, and it looks like a very stylized V through it. this, dare i say, Venture Guild, splits up to make GCI and Team Venture, i expect shortly after this scene. who else from history would be involved, whether on that airship or attacking it? Ben Franklin? Poe? Lovecraft? St. Germaine?

and who has given the Venture bodyguards their original orders to protect ORB?

got to watch again.
more questions and observations.
Aug. 9, 2008, 2:33am
  • by RhinOx
  • (unregistered id: 18F668E608)
The motivation behind the Guild may yet be revield...

SO...WHAT IS ORB...?
Aug. 9, 2008, 2:38am
  • by WorstServedCold
  • (unregistered id: 3BEE65312C)
Honestly the only guy on the airship I recognized was Mark Twain. Someone calls him Sam, but that was his legal name.

They can say the finale is a two-parter, but that must make this the prologue. ORB felt like the first halves of the better episodes, where it starts by laying down the plot and characters that are going to be involved, then ramps it up more and more. The second half, with the fever-pitch conclusions where everything comes together, didn't really seem to happen. In my eyes, Brock with having a Christine moment with his car and Rusty vowing to find out what the Orb is for still qualifies as lead-up to something bigger, and I can't wait. I thought it was a terrific episode, but it produced so many questions my mind is a little blown.

Also, yeah the cast in the show looks different but recognizable, it's a cartoon... the fact that it's in a cartoon makes that less obvious, but they call it one enough. I was also kind of amazed that they managed to inject a real feeling of nostalgia into the opening montage thing for a show that never existed.
Aug. 9, 2008, 2:50am
  • by Experimental
  • (unregistered id: 28C9973CE7)
A Lovecraft episode would be pure awesome. Poe and his pumpkin head have had their time.

This ep was absolute win. That zep was hot, and Twain, Crowley, and Oscar Wilde make such a dream team. Tesla and the Avon ladies! Best throw-away line ever! (And band name.)

So it sounds like the Guild of Calamitous Intent was actually born of the Venture line and all his fellow costuming adventurer/scientist/literati? How genius is that?

Don't forget KITT voicing Brock's Charger!
Aug. 11, 2008, 8:48am
  • by cgeye
  • (unregistered id: 0DB311F579)
And of course the only assassin caring enough to try killing Brock with his own charger would be the lovely, talented and chaste Miss Cocktease.

Glad you're on the way, Mol....
Aug. 11, 2008, 11:23am
  • by Bryan
  • (unregistered id: 563BFE7793)
Yeah, weren't there pictures of her for Season Three in Jackson's LJ? Pretty sure that means she's a shoe-in to appear in the finale. Sweet.
Aug. 11, 2008, 1:49pm
  • by Nocturnal
  • (unregistered id: 3ACF86857F)
The car was on autopilot when Brock jumped out of it, and there were no hands on the steering wheel in the final scene as the car was approaching him.
Aug. 11, 2008, 3:52pm
  • by cgeye
  • (unregistered id: 06CD52E709)
My bad.
*sigh*
Aug. 11, 2008, 10:07pm
  • by InActionMan
  • (unregistered id: D7B1C846A9)
I think you are probably correct about the autopilot but, another possibility for no hands being visible on Brock's murderous Charger would be for Phantom Limb to be driving although I do not think that is the case.
Aug. 11, 2008, 10:58pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Leonfke unlocked One Year Later Apr. 15, 2024, 4:36pm
  • Leonsri unlocked One Year Later Apr. 15, 2024, 9:20am
  • Leonrdq unlocked One Year Later Apr. 15, 2024, 12:55am
  • Leonlkw unlocked One Year Later Apr. 14, 2024, 8:48am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites