Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Thrainn
  • (unregistered id: E90DF92D9C)
Okay, first of all I loved this episode, it's so great to have Col. Gentleman back :D
But there is one thing about this episode that just irritates me so much and that is Humongoloids face!!

How can that be Dr. Entman?? They don't even have the same facial features. I know he could've gotten fatter when he got older but look at his eyes and his nose. What the hell??
http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/6844/humongoloidentmannkt8.jpg
Jul. 30, 2008, 2:09am
  • by Crimson
  • (unregistered id: B3819AE9BF)
When he was Humongoloid, Entman was suffering from Pituitary gigantism, which (according to Wikipedia (yes I know not the best source)) causes
"Soft tissue swelling visibly resulting in enlargement of the hands, feet, nose, lips and ears, and a general thickening of the skin
Soft tissue swelling of internal organs, notably the heart with attendant weaking of its muscularity, and the kidneys, also the vocal cords resulting in a characteristic thick, deep voice and slowing of speech
Generalized expansion of the skull at the fontanelle
Pronounced brow protrusion, often with ocular distension
Pronounced lower jaw protrusion with attendant macroglossia and teeth gapping"

thus the difference in facal features, how Jonas managed to cure him of those symptoms by simply shrinking him, I don't know
Jul. 30, 2008, 2:34am
  • by Thrainn
  • (unregistered id: E90DF92D9C)
Wow, Jackson thought of everything :O Thanks for the answer!
Jul. 30, 2008, 3:14am
  • by Dandy
  • (unregistered id: 5FB90FF7D8)
Interesting. Did anyone catch what he was saying to Jonas before Jonas told him to rest? And why were they doing CPR on him later on?
Jul. 31, 2008, 1:22am
  • by Phil
  • (unregistered id: 4453D1431A)
I think it was something about having no feeling in his mouth...not unlikely he was having a heart attack.

I don't think Jonas cured him by simply shrinking him. If he had, Entmann would still have all the same problems he had as Humongoloid. (Gigantism is dangerous not because your body is huge, but because your organs are still very small. It's the ratio that's the problem; shrinking Entmann outright would preserve the ratio, and you'd just end up with a tiny little man still suffering from the now-ironic gigantism.)

The shrinkage may have been part of the treatment...but not the whole thing.
Jul. 31, 2008, 1:38am
  • by Olindoom
  • (unregistered id: 19803777C4)
I think it was something about that his tongue was too big for his mouth.
Jul. 31, 2008, 3:48am
  • by H
  • (unregistered id: 4E367C4092)
He also said his heart hurt. I think this is an Amazing Colossal Man reference because the main character in that movie also had heart pains after his science gone wrong growth.
Jul. 31, 2008, 4:18am
  • by DeimosMasque
  • (unregistered id: DD74F4CF47)
Gigantism puts an amazing strain on the Heart, most people who end up with it die young and of heart failure which I believe is what the reference is.

But then again Amazing Colossal Man is a good reference too.
Jul. 31, 2008, 5:57pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Ilushikqsj unlocked One Year Later May. 18, 2024, 2:58pm
  • Ilushikrgr unlocked One Year Later May. 18, 2024, 12:13pm
  • Ilushikdej unlocked One Year Later May. 18, 2024, 11:24am
  • Ilushikeog unlocked One Year Later May. 18, 2024, 5:21am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites