Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Hammerstein
  • (unregistered id: 8AE91594ED)
I totally thought Action man was going to die of a stroke when climbing the stairs or during the brawl. Didn't Orpheus say he had two years left, like, two years ago?
Jul. 27, 2008, 11:10am
  • by Trashcan Man
  • (unregistered id: B16763C1BD)
I thought the same thing. I would have to imagine he's not long for this world.

I'm still quite curious about the circumstances of Jonas Sr.'s death. So far, we have casual mention of Guild involvement, and that Team Venture (sans Dr. Entmann, who was already stuck in the bomb shelter) got him killed (probably through some negligence or misadvanture. Presumably, Operation "Rusty's Blanket" began shortly thereafter, since Team Venture couldn't be trusted to watch over Rusty.

Oh, and one for the notes:

Scarantula. Cara is face in Italian. sCARAntula. Get it. It's as clever as the explanation for where the 8 legs come from.
Jul. 28, 2008, 12:16am
  • by Phil
  • (unregistered id: D3DAE242D1)
It's actually Scara-MAN-tula. Which isn't meant to discredit your theory. In fact, you're probably exactly right. But sticking that excess "man" in there makes it a perfect name to go along with the rest of the Venture world.
Jul. 28, 2008, 12:59am
  • by haux
  • (unregistered id: 8B53C9237B)
ok, but why the extra fingers on his right hand? and i think i saw that that hand was covered in hair on the back.
Jul. 28, 2008, 3:14am
  • by H
  • (unregistered id: 4E367C4092)
Basically, it's all due to the Bond villain he is a reference to, Francisco Scaramanga of "The Man With The Golden Gun", played by Christopher Lee. He is Italian, hairy and has a third nipple instead of an extra digit. Oh, and Herve Villachaise as his henchman, that's funny.
The extra finger may be a reference to Count Rugen of The Princess Bride though.
Jul. 28, 2008, 5:40am
  • by haux
  • (unregistered id: 8B53C9237B)
yeah, i got the bond stuff. and i'm familiar that TMWTGG had the supernumerary nipple, which JS is clearly sporting on his chin (and, after a 3rd watching, i realize that JSs fingers are at his eyes because he is trying to portray japanese eyelids in his extra-fake disguise).

(and, yeah, Tattoo playing Knick-knack in the Bond was awesome)

and Count Rugen merely had one extra finger, and it was an important detail of his character. if there was some kid stalking him, with talk of "the man with 8 fingers on his right hand (and a spider tattoo on his face), who killed my father. prepare to die", i'd be more likely to believe that reference.

so, i'm not satisfied with your explanation, H. i think the extra fingers are something else, and something else specific - not just "well, he's a mutant supervillain, of course he's got weird extra fingers."

DH and JP are usually more deliberate in their subtlety than just random extra fingers, or a spare nipple weirdness translated to extra fingers (when there is a perfectly good Scaramanga spare nipple gag going on already).

mmmm.....
nipple gag.
lot worse things to be gagged with.
"get me my nipple gag and pussy whip! i need to exercise some Discipline!"
Jul. 28, 2008, 7:27am
  • by H
Fine by me. I think I had trouble coun ting how many extra fingers he had on my computer anyway.
Jul. 28, 2008, 7:37am
  • by Amun-Ra
  • (unregistered id: 45D6DC6A6D)
I hadn't noticed the extra fingers, but might I suggest he has eight?
Jul. 28, 2008, 3:52pm
  • by H
And Toby Huss is great anyway, whether it's live action or animation. Big fan of his.
Jul. 28, 2008, 8:28am
  • by RhinOx
  • (unregistered id: 4972C545E8)
I think Saramantula is derived from Scaramouche, a character from a story set during the french revloution, he was a drunken actor and swords master, who wore a mask due to his disfigured nose/face.

Remember the line from Bohemian Rhapsody 'Scaramouche, scaramouche will you do the fan-dan-go...'
Jul. 28, 2008, 4:36pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Ilushikqsj unlocked One Year Later May. 18, 2024, 2:58pm
  • Ilushikrgr unlocked One Year Later May. 18, 2024, 12:13pm
  • Ilushikdej unlocked One Year Later May. 18, 2024, 11:24am
  • Ilushikeog unlocked One Year Later May. 18, 2024, 5:21am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites