Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by CaptainGS
  • (unregistered id: B5BA42DF52)
So many great things about this episode! I can't even count them.

The idea that the Monarch hates Venture *SO* much that he rapes a robot with his face, just to give it an STD... amazing.

21: Hank! Stop! I'm going to throw up!

Those guys are just too cute together.

Also, I was hoping the Monarch/JJ thing would happen. NOW we get to see some *real* action. Also, Doc's going to be so pissed/jealous.

You know... ever since the Monarch's passionate telling-off of Venture in Home Is Where The Hate Is, I've been struck by how much the rivalry may as well be love. That theme has developed, since we know Doc misses the Monarch, etc. They really *need* each other, and I feel like the JJ thing will really drive the point home, depending on how it develops.

But I'm also looking forward to more Sgt. Hatred, so I'm pleased to just sit back and watch it unfold.

BTW - Tim-Tom and Kevin need to die. Soon. I hate them.
Jul. 19, 2008, 1:22pm
  • by Joe
  • (unregistered id: D197A7F08E)
Yeah, I agree about Tim-Tom and Kevin. I still say they're going to pose a huge problem for Dr. Girlfriend.
Jul. 19, 2008, 5:50pm
  • by Olindoom
  • (unregistered id: 19803777C4)
call me crazy but I bet it because they are half brothers and the monarch knows it.
Jul. 21, 2008, 8:54pm
  • by Greg
  • (unregistered id: 80421D671F)
Kay. You're crazy.
Jul. 22, 2008, 6:11am
Well the Monarch does allude to Romulus and Remus when talking about Dr. Venture. They were the brothers that founded Rome and then Romulus killed Remus over a dispute about who should rule.

Still, I don't think they're brothers. Even though they have a similar hair color and The Monarch hasn't revealed his real last name...
Jul. 22, 2008, 6:05pm
  • by DeimosMasque
  • (unregistered id: DD74F4CF47)
I always thought his last name was Monarch. I thought in the first episode (not the Pilot) when explaining his origin he called it "The Summer of the Monarchs"
Jul. 22, 2008, 9:07pm
  • by Hardy
  • (unregistered id: 6EEC4DBDDC)
The "Summer of the monarchs" was his summer spent with a bunch of monarchs after his parent's plane crashed. I don't think The Monarch's real name has ever surfaced.
Jul. 22, 2008, 10:31pm
  • by Hardy
  • (unregistered id: 6EEC4DBDDC)
I first thought of this during the wedding in Showdown at Cremation Creek. When they stood next to each other, they looked so much alike I thought they could be brothers. I quickly dismissed it as a wild thought. However this episode makes me revisit those thoughts. Also, now we know what kind of man Venture's father was....it seems possible.
Jul. 22, 2008, 7:11pm
  • by Olindoom
  • (unregistered id: 19803777C4)
that is the point at which I formulated the theory. they were careful to put them side by side almost to show you how much they look alike. they did the same thing with Dr. Quymn.
didn't the Monarch in one of his rants about Rusty say something to the effect of Rusty living off his fathers name it almost sounded like envy.
also he has a huge trust fund.
lastly Jonas was planting his seed all over the place with his little key parties.
Jul. 23, 2008, 1:52am
  • by Josh Geller
  • (unregistered id: 225A2B4578)
I think Olindoom is probably right. The Monarch is one of Jonas' Sr's by-blows.

Jul. 24, 2008, 6:08am
  • by cgeye
  • (unregistered id: D3E95023B6)
http://jacksonpublick.livejournal.com/22297.html?thread=2596377#t2596377
"IDEA FOR MONARCHS TRUE REASON FOR HATING VENTURE:

the rusty venture logo looks like a poor artists representation of rusty. rusty was being shipped all over the world as a child. so! who was he in the show?

going back to the first episode, we see the boy monarch! sans eye brows, he looks EXACTLY like the rusty venture character. he also clearly has a lot of money from somewhere, which is improbably from a "large inheritance." being a child star could be embarrassing to him, which would explain the secrecy.

should it actually be a cartoon within a cartoon, even, the monarch could have provided voice or even be the basis of the character design."

What if this poster's hit it on the nose?

*Somebody* had to play Rusty on the TV show, while the real Rusty was on adventures with his dad.

Wouldn't they look alike?
Wouldn't there be a fortune involved, if the parents followed the child actors laws and invested Malcolm's income wisely?

Wouldn't be a trust fund, until Malcolm turned 21?

The only drawback to this theory is that Rusty would know who played him in the series -- unless Malcolm tamed those eyebrows when he was working, and let them grow out once the series was over....
Jul. 28, 2008, 10:28am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Ilushikrgr unlocked One Year Later May. 18, 2024, 12:13pm
  • Ilushikdej unlocked One Year Later May. 18, 2024, 11:24am
  • Ilushikeog unlocked One Year Later May. 18, 2024, 5:21am
  • Ilushiknlq unlocked One Year Later May. 18, 2024, 4:56am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites