Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

Okay, so this is my first time posting here at the Mantis Eye (although I have been reading it for years). First off I'm gonna say that this episode is my favorite of the season thus far, being the first episode to really feel like a full-blown comedy. I love all the back-story and stuff but this one made me laugh all the way through.
As for the two topics that seem to be dominating this boar, here's my two cents...
The Moppets are clearly being set up as antagonists. Their loyalty to Dr. Girlfriend is questionable at best, so I'm not sure why everyone is so sure that they aren't trying to kill her along with the Monarch. While watching the episode it seemed to me that after playing the victims to position themselves inside the house, they were clearly plotting to kill The Monarch AND Dr. Girlfriend, possibly to take control of the operation themselves. They obviously don't have a problem savagely knifing 21 and 24 to death in the hedge maze so why would they care about making it look like an accident? Plus, they already have special treatment within the ranks, so there is no real motivation for them to get all the henchmen out of the way. I think the Moppets are more sinister than y'all are giving them credit for.
As for the doctor's voice, I really think everyone is over thinking it. The whole idea of her voice just comes from the fact that it's hilarious for a super-hot chick to talk in the deepest manliest voice ever. The speculation over the origin of said voice is just kind of a minor ongoing joke. Hatred's comment, I believe, was just part of that joke and not meant to be any sort of revelation or plot point. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was no explanation of Sheila's voice beyond that fact that she was just born with it. Ya know, cuz it's funny. We all should remember that Venture Bros. is a comedy show before all else.
That said, this season has been exceptional so far and seems to be getting better and better. But would we expect anything else from Doc and Jackson? I think not.

-Mike Murder
Jun. 26, 2008, 1:00am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Vikixoh unlocked One Year Later May. 11, 2024, 4:03am
  • Vikipxc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 9:04pm
  • Vikixsc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 8:49pm
  • Vikimll unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 7:50pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites