Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

I'm not buying the "smoker voice" thing for Dr. Girlfriend. She sounds just as rough in the flashback from "Invisible Hand of Fate" in Fantomas' office, and I'm pretty sure that takes place before the year she said she started smoking. Even if the year isn't exact, I'm sure it would take a good deal of time to transform a normal ladyvoice into her Tom Waits/Harvey Fierstein grumble.
Jun. 21, 2008, 8:03am
  • by Pirate Hippy
  • (unregistered id: A2D8BED341)
Oh like she's really going to admit to The Monarch when she actually started smoking! Anyway "Invisible Hand of Fate" probably takes place in 1989, the same year she guessed she started smoking, and I'll bet she simply added on a few years to when she actually started smoking (you don't think she likes giving out her real age, do you?).

Seriously, don't try to overthink this. It's time to put those "Dr. Girlfriend is a man" theories to rest. It's over.
Jun. 21, 2008, 9:52am
I never said she was a man - I believe Monarch and Phantom Limb on that one. I just really doubt that smoking is the only reason for that voice. Even her being in Fantomas' class with the rest of the "freaks" implies that there was something weird about her.

I refuse to stop over-thinking about cartoons. That's what I come here for.
Jun. 21, 2008, 11:27pm
  • by Pirate Hippy
Sorry, I just assumed you were one of the "Dr. Girlfriend is a man" holdouts.

However, as to the rest, did you see her in the same class that Billy was in? I did not. Just because she's taking one of Prof. Fantomas' classes doesn't mean she was in the same class as Billy; also not everyone in that class was a freak. So I'm afraid your logic doesn't hold.
Jun. 22, 2008, 6:17am
  • by Pirate Hippy
Also having a husky smoker's voice hardly makes Sheila a "freak". I just don't see what the big deal is or why it is worth the time to "over think" this particular topic.

Sheila's voice finally revealed to be a smoker's voice, after all this time and after all the endless fan speculation about her voice = funny.

Sheila's voice being due to some freakish "origin story", at this point = not funny, and frankly at this point, not very interesting.

I'm betting JP and DH are going with "funny".
Jun. 22, 2008, 6:39am
I didn't see her in that class, but she's obviously Fantomas' student. Not everyone was a freak and I'm not saying she definitely is. I'm just saying there is a possibility.
I doubt Hatred's comment is going to be end of it.

I don't think we're going to convince each other of anything aside from the amounts of time we can waste.
Jun. 22, 2008, 9:22am
  • by Pirate Hippy
Yeah obviously we aren't going to convince each other, but I think you're straining to keep alive the "Dr. Girlfriend as some kind of freak" meme, even as a vague, weak possibility. I just don't see why it is necessary.
Jun. 22, 2008, 12:45pm
  • by CaptainGS
  • (unregistered id: B5BA42DF52)
Haha. "Meme".

Sorry - not trying to be a troll, but c'mon.
Jun. 22, 2008, 2:05pm
  • by Pirate Hippy
  • (unregistered id: CA31821874)
WTF is your problem? If you don't like the word "meme" substitute some other equivalent word. Don't be an @ss.
Jun. 23, 2008, 8:51am
  • by Rahb
  • (unregistered id: 58C22C8993)
Haha. "@ss".

Sorry - not trying to be a troll, but c'mon.
Jun. 24, 2008, 9:03am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Vikixoh unlocked One Year Later May. 11, 2024, 4:03am
  • Vikipxc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 9:04pm
  • Vikixsc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 8:49pm
  • Vikimll unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 7:50pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites