Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by peterbr
  • (unregistered id: 7A6C8A2429)
I'm glad they remembered the whole stealing-things-from-Sgt. Hatred comments and actually built it into some character development.
They still havent explained what Dr. Venture did to the Monarch; I'm betting it was nothing, or it wasn't Dr. Venture who did it. I'm hoping they don't just revert back to the old status quo, though. I liked the changing Monarch-Venture relationship.
Also, finally explained Dr. Girlfriend's voice.
Jun. 21, 2008, 4:21am
  • by Pirate Hippy
  • (unregistered id: A2D8BED341)
I like how the explanation for her voice turned out to be the most obvious and mundane explanation possible....smoking. Ha!
Jun. 21, 2008, 5:53am
  • by Mike
  • (unregistered id: 027D18FA77)
My favorite part about Sgt. Hatred is how his name started as this throw-away character name in a joke about how the Monarch's henchmen stole a bunch of shit, and then he became a real character at the end of season two and now he's apparently going to be a major character and also apparently was instrumental in starting the Guild. I also wonder if Brock will ever realize who he is and how he's the reason Brock is guarding Dr. Venture. There's a lot of potential for drama late in the season with the insane number of character connections.
Jun. 21, 2008, 8:52am
  • by Dandy
  • (unregistered id: 79F612DEE7)
Well, Rusty did mock the Monarch's eyebrows and butterfly poems back when they were in college. He was talking to his roommates, but maybe it somehow got back to the Monarch.
Jun. 21, 2008, 9:47am
  • by Jordan
  • (unregistered id: 8151897777)
If you think about it, it could all be traced back to The Monarch's childhood. He grew up a) without his parents as a moral compass, and b) he probably grew up idolizing Rusty and Jonas Sr. like every other kid. But once he met the Thaddeus Venture version of Rusty in college, he saw a preening, bitching idiot of a human being who was ruining the name Venture. Rusty had to go before the name Venture and ultimately Jonas Sr's image was forever ruined. I mean, look at the Monarch's rant during the game of Celebrity Guess Who. He, the Monarch, bluntly points out that Dr. Thaddeus S. Venture is a complete failure and a waste of human potential. He had evrything going for him, a loving father and a life of wonderous adventure, and he squandered because if his bas incompotence. The jackass never even finished college, for Pete's sake!!! He , Dr. Venture, should never have even been!!! He deserves nothing less than a brutal death and a one way ticket to the fires of hell!!!! He is an egotistical moron,who should do humanity a favor and kill himself!!! Bu since Rusty's too self important to do that, the Monarch will have to act as humanity's ceansing sword.
Jun. 21, 2008, 10:25am
  • by Miller Industries
  • (unregistered id: ACBD24991A)
Yeah, I mean, we shouldn't have pity for anyone, right? Because everyone lives up to everyone elses standards. Oh, and, yeah I almost forgot: Rusty's life was perfect.... my goodness, man.

I feel sorry for the doctor. The only thing he's guilty of is having to live up to others standards. He constantly lives in his father's shadow. Yes, he's pathetic. But dude, have some pity.
Jun. 21, 2008, 12:07pm
  • by peterbr
  • (unregistered id: 7A6C8A2429)
True. Actually, that was even illustrated in this episode when Dr. V is complaining about going to Hatred's party. Brock tells him "It's all part of this life you've chosen for yourself", to which Dr. V responds "No, this life my DAD chose for me."
I get the feeling there's going to be a lot of questions about Dr. V Sr. answered this season. At least I hope so.
Jun. 21, 2008, 7:52pm
  • by Jordan
I apologize, I was only speaking from the (well, possible) perspective of the Monarch.
Jun. 21, 2008, 11:25pm
  • by Jordan
On a sidebar, has anyoine else noticed that the good Dr. V (Sr. and /Jr's) have caused alot of damage in their time? Jonas Sr. basically destroyed his son's childhood, resulting in the self-important ignaramous known as Dr. Thaddeus S. Venture. Rusty, by age 43/44, has already dashed the hopes and dreams of a young man(causing Billy Whalen to go to that fated dog fight) caused 2 men to go insane with jealousy (the Monarch and Mike Suriyama, which are both grossly conjectured hatreds) improsoned his own brother(Jonas Jr., who fit into the catagory of insane jealousy as well,) shttered the hearts of two women (Myra was probably alredy mentally disturbed, but Sally Impossible didn,t deserve to be abandoned inthe North pole with a man who is even more of a dick than the Doc) demeaned a man's profession on a regular basis ( Dr. O, though it might not matter since Byron is probably a little mor sucessful that Rusty)and has caused a cycle of life and grotesque death with a little sprinkling of trauma and psychosis in top 9his own sons/clones). I'd just hate to say but, if Rusty doesn't shpe up soon, even Brock might think this guy's more "manipulative bastard" than "bitchy former child star/bad parent"
Jun. 22, 2008, 12:43am
  • by H
  • (unregistered id: 9FDADB59CF)
Yeah, but Rusty's line afterwards is awesome.

"Mariah Carey? Oh, I would have guessed that!"
Jun. 21, 2008, 10:59pm
  • by Leah
  • (unregistered id: DD0ADEEF4F)
That was awsome, I'm gonna have to throw a party and play this game. Maybe I can do fictional characters and write Doc Venture on one of the tags. But the only ones who'd know who he was would be my husband and his brother.
Jun. 22, 2008, 9:51am
  • by dougslash
  • (unregistered id: 52204F5F9D)
I am of the belief that The Monarch and Rusty are genetically related somehow. Notice in scenes where they are together - almost identical facial features, both have/had red hair - now both appear to be equally well endowed. Not to mention Rusty's reply when the Monarch mentions how much they have in common - "You don't know the half of it, buddy boy" (Although it's possible he is referring to his "conquest" of Dr. Girlfriend).
Whether it is the result of one of Jonas Sr's early cloning experiments, the tryst alluded to in "The Doctor is Sin" or some other origin, I'm going with the theory that they are related, and that Jonas made arrangement for The Monarch to live elsewhere and set up his trust fund.
Jun. 23, 2008, 8:00pm
  • by haux
  • (unregistered id: 4BEA7CF369)
"both appear to be equally well-endowed"

are you kidding? did you see the postage stamp they covered Monarch's junk with? Rusty at least had a bookmark. and it seemed to have changed shape as he got into the hot tub...
Jun. 23, 2008, 8:05pm
  • by Deimosmasque
  • (unregistered id: DD74F4CF47)
Which was a great sight gag to say the least.
Jun. 23, 2008, 9:10pm
  • by hank
  • (unregistered id: E5BEAA3CA8)
ventures shrinking junk was probably the best part about this whole episode.
Jun. 25, 2008, 11:15am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Vikixoh unlocked One Year Later May. 11, 2024, 4:03am
  • Vikipxc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 9:04pm
  • Vikixsc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 8:49pm
  • Vikimll unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 7:50pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites