Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Roscoe
  • (unregistered id: 4272F7A0EB)
Oh man, Finally mentioning "Doug" in an Episode, Seeing Queen Atheria with the Red stringey things in her hair, like that girl "Saffron" from the band Republica, "Betty Rage", Seeing what The Monarch actually looked like when he was in Rusty's Creative writing class, Finding out he was a ShadowMan? Come On!!!! That was a great Episode!
(Sans the crappy Moppets thing) I didn't care much for them.
Anyway, in total, the episode was Extra-Hot-Great!!!
Jun. 3, 2008, 1:36pm
  • by Miller Industries
  • (unregistered id: ACBD24991A)
Remember when the Monarch asked Dr, Girlfriend if he used to work for Phantom Limb? Tag Sale You're It? Yeah, a little bit of discrepency, eh Doc and and Jackson?
Jun. 3, 2008, 9:36pm
  • by Pirate Hippy
  • (unregistered id: CA31821874)
I don't think that's a discrepancy; I think that's a case of the Monarch and Dr. Girlfriend being dishonest/evasive/uncomfortable about their past. People do that all the time.
Jun. 5, 2008, 5:35pm
  • by Miller Industries
I see what you mean by Dr. Girlfriend. But the Monarch was acting like he had never met Phantom Limb, or worked for him, nor that SHE had ever worked for him. Why would some some say "Hey, didn't you work for him or something?," when clearly he had stolen her from PL. Not only did he steal her from him, he made a spectacle of it. The Monarch knew she worked for PL! Why ask that question??? Listen to how he asks it. The question sounds genuine. Otherwise: WHY ASK IT AT ALL????

For funzies?
Jun. 6, 2008, 9:50am
  • by Pirate Hippy
  • (unregistered id: A2D8BED341)
We should watch that episode again. Maybe in light of our new knowledge, that exchange will play out very differently. Like, for instance, the Monarch knew exactly who Phantom Limb was and was being sarcastic and needling Dr. Girlfriend about her past with Phantom Limb. Even when I watched that episode for the first time, I got the distinct impression that the Monarch knew more about the past relationship between Dr. Girlfriend and Phantom Limb than he was letting on. I think you are interpreting that exchange far too literally.
Jun. 7, 2008, 11:20am
  • by Miller Industries
Jackson and Doc, if they had planned that far ahead, wouldn't have let that exchange seem so be so natural. There would have been an air of ambiguity in the air with what the Monarch said. Annnnd there wasn't. At least I didn't hear any. It sounds like he was asking a legit question. I know the Monarch's sarcasm. And he wasn't using it.
Jun. 7, 2008, 9:44pm
  • by Pirate Hippy
You do, do you? Watch it again. Even when I watched it the first time, I did not take what the Monarch said literally. He was holding something back. They don't bang you over the head with it by being obvious, but there's more going on in that exchange than a literal interpretation would indicate.
Jun. 8, 2008, 4:49am
  • by Pirate Hippy
"Sarcasm" may be the wrong choice of word on my part; "ironic" or "sardonic" might be closer to the mark.
Jun. 8, 2008, 4:55am
  • by Pirate Hippy
"Arch", "dry", "sardonic", "cynical", "ironical" or "wry" might all be appropriate word choices for what I'm talking about, as well.
Jun. 8, 2008, 5:02am
  • by MIller Industries
I don't buy it. JP and DH are a bit more obvious when it comes to things like that. But, ya know, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I mean, it doesn't kill the show for me or anything. It's just something I noticed.
Jun. 8, 2008, 11:09am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Vikixoh unlocked One Year Later May. 11, 2024, 4:03am
  • Vikipxc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 9:04pm
  • Vikixsc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 8:49pm
  • Vikimll unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 7:50pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites