Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by cpc65
  • (unregistered id: 62BEE131BE)
Where was the music from that they played near the end where all the supervillians showed up to help rebuild the Cacoon? I know I've heard it before in some movie and it's driving me nuts! I'm thinking one of the Conan movies maybe, but I'm sure it's one of those themes that's been used a few things.

So Charlene wasn't a member of the Guild when she number 2’d for Truckules?
Silence!
Jun. 3, 2008, 4:52am
They mentioned the theme in the bumper right before the episode aired, it's the Jupiter movement from Holst's Planets.

I seriously can't wait for the O.S.I./G.I. JOE flashback episode. I can't believe Doc and Jackson went there, oh but they did...they did.
Jun. 3, 2008, 5:39am
  • by cpc65
Thanks. I'll have to do some digging to see what movies this has been used in. If it wasn't in one of the Conan movies, then it was something that sounded like this.

Yeah. That O.S.I. cartoon is what probably what enticed Billy Quizboy to sign up with them.

Please do not move while we calibrate....the Nozzle.
Jun. 3, 2008, 5:54am
  • by Hoplite
  • (unregistered id: 6B79B0563A)
Just taking a stab here, but I'm thinking it is an ode to Basil Poledouris' score on Conan the Barbarian. It sounds like generic movie music fare. Check it out at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gur7kJythgM&feature=user
Jun. 3, 2008, 5:45am
  • by Reynolds
  • (unregistered id: 336F7F6898)
Whoops, somehow missed this and duplicated it below. My bad. I guess we were on the same page here.
Jun. 3, 2008, 5:20pm
  • by Reynolds
  • (unregistered id: 336F7F6898)
I think this is the one you were thinking of actually...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeyMXBPi4Oo&feature=related
Jun. 3, 2008, 5:22pm
  • by cpc65
Yes. This was the song I was remembering, and it does sound "like" the song they used in Shadowman 9, but it is not the same song. I think Badass Robot is correct about it being the Jupiter Movement which also means they probably didn't have to pay anything to use it as it's been around so long. 24 was humming Mars Volta when changing into his Henchman outfit at the opening of Hate Floats (still the funniest scene aver for me!), so this aould follow suite. Thanks all for the help.

Silence!
Jun. 4, 2008, 3:55am
  • by cpc65
Ack! They should let you edit your posts. I hate typos. Stupid big fingers!

Minions!! Attack!!!
Jun. 4, 2008, 3:58am
  • by Phil
  • (unregistered id: 4453D1431A)
Sorry man, that wasn't Mars Volta. It was Mars, Bringer of War. There's a strong distinction here as Mars Volta is the name of a current, touring progressive jamband...and Mars, Bringer of War is a selection from an extremely famous classical suite!
Jun. 5, 2008, 6:51pm
  • by cpc65
You're right. I was going off what somebody else said. Also, it was 21 who started it. I get them mixed up.
Jun. 8, 2008, 8:41pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Vikixoh unlocked One Year Later May. 11, 2024, 4:03am
  • Vikipxc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 9:04pm
  • Vikixsc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 8:49pm
  • Vikimll unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 7:50pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites