Jackson Publick Interview at io9

Over at io9 there's an interview with our beloved Jackson Publick by the indispensable Evan Narcisse. Along with some insights into the show and info on the long promised upcoming art book (which defintely exists!) there's also some previews from the book and a small amount of art from season seven.

But yeah, we grew this underground audience and yeah, nerd culture just exploded. So, it’s vindication and just knowing, "Okay, none of this is over anybody’s heads." And, you know, everybody had the internet anyway, so they can Wikipedia anything we mention. But that’s been kind of amazing. When we did the first live-action Tick, that was a big stumbling block. The network was like, "I don’t know about all this superhero stuff..." [Those reactions] are probably a bigger deal when you’re making a multi-million dollar show for a network, then your little late night cartoon for a largely stoner audience.

Read the full interview for more!
Great interview. And I'm super excited to finally get my copy of the book. 374 pages? wow.
25 days ago
  • by Captain V
  • (unregistered id: 03A96A9F11)
Cool. I had a feeling the book would cover season 7 and be at least 350+ pages.
Simply for the fact it's been in production for about seven years.

And even though no date was given for season 7... it looks like production is totally done, at least according to one of the images.

I have a strong feeling VB7 will premiere towards the end of July or the beginning of August.

They'll want to push the new book and new season at SDCC, so it all makes sense.
25 days ago
Really a pleasure to read. Interesting to see Jackson's opinions and all the art. Definitely looking forward to the book and Season 7. That geodesic dome intrigues me.

Also, interesting to see the interviewer's view on current fan culture- never would have thought of it that way but I can see where he's coming from.
25 days ago
"for a largely stoner audience"? - Wait. I thought we were the sort of exception to that general stereotype of AS audiences. This show is just too detailed, involved and coherent for your average stoner audience. They just wouldn't be able to follow it and would get bored quickly as it has an actual plot line and continuity, unlike many other AS titles where new, dissociated stuff that makes no sense just seems to randomly happened every several minutes, or whatever the average attention span is of your basic stoner viewer. I am a bit disappointed with that inferral, but am still stoked for the art book and season 7, of course.
25 days ago
Yeah, I didn't understand that reference, maybe the accidental viewers? I do smoke weed, but not right before a new Venture Brothers. That's sober Sunday.
25 days ago
Yeah, he probably meant casual viewers that just keep it on Adult Swim all night and occasionally check out what's on. I know I'm usually doing something else while I'm watching TV.
24 days ago
Very good interview. I wasn't really interested in the art book before, but now it intrigues me. I'm more interested in the behind the scenes information that goes into their thought processes than the art itself. Looking forward to all the Venture Bros. stuff I can get my hands on. *gently pats my VB miniatures*
24 days ago
Fantastic interview and I just have to say, that poor zip-arounder.
24 days ago
Wide Wale's very protective of his daughter.
24 days ago
  • by Brick Fr0g
  • (unregistered id: 8FFF6DA284)
Anyone catch the first two new eps last night on adult swim's website?? They showed it since it was at sdcc and they had interviews with jackson. I won't spoil anything but I will say it's AMAZING. GO TEAM VENTURE!! :D
1 day ago

Commercial Break

Amien (Formerly R...)

Oct. 8, 2016, 6:58pm
The Venture Bros. Panel from NYCC 2016 is archived on Twitch at the mail channel. Some minor spoilers to follow... Orpheus and Dermott have both been written in to Season 7, though the latter in small doses. They are finishing working on the scripts and they hope to start production in the next month or two. They have said this before but the first episode of Season 7 will act as a finale to Season 6. (Much like how the Gargantua-2 special ended Season 5 on a proper note). They are very conscious that the past two seasons have not had a proper finale and they are trying to fix that in Season 7. While they have not been renewed for a Season 8, they HAVE NOT been cancelled. In fact, they said they are specifically not writing Season 7 as if it were the last one. Finally, The Art of the Venture Bros. is still a go! It has expanded into a much bigger book than they imagined and Ken Plume has been doing the work on it. It has material from all six seasons, and it sounds like an in-depth interview that spans the entire book. Release date and information still to come.

wordbird

Mar. 17, 2016, 6:48pm
Interview with Hal Lublin https://medium.com/the-dot-and-line/exclusive-interview-hal-lublin-breaks-down-venture-bros-and-playing-up-his-asthma-eaf28ecb7b89#.v3p6osl3y

Feb. 24, 2016, 2:50pm
Adult Swim's Tumblr says they're working on more VB merch soon! http://adultswim.tumblr.com/post/139913216494/quirkett-duprass42-on-the-one-hand-im