Season 5 Delayed Until June 2nd

Season 5 Delayed Until June 2nd
According to a post over on Adult Swim's Facebook page the season premiere of Venture Bros. season 5 has been delayed two weeks until June 2nd. While they don't give a specific reason I'm sure we can all agree it's because Jackson, Doc and company are toiling away tirelessly on the show and working late nights to bring everyone a quality production. So let's try not to be too annoyed! Just think of what you can do with those extra two weeks. You could learn a new craft, like basket weaving or pottery. You could learn to play an instrument. You could paint a self-portrait. See, that wasn't so bad, was it?

As the saying goes: Venture Bros. season 5 premieres on Sunday, June 2nd at midnight (eastern/pacific) on Adult Swim.
I ain't even mad. Just kidding. I'm actually really really upset.
Apr. 25, 2013, 2:52am
  • by Dave
  • (unregistered id: B49C691D37)
Shirt Club Season V is happening!
May. 7, 2013, 9:49am
Any specifics on it yet?
May. 7, 2013, 7:39pm
Awesome! Now I just await the news that the new season will be broken into two halves. Man, I will learn so much things during the year between season 5 part 1 and season 5 part 2.
Apr. 25, 2013, 9:35am
(By which I mean: "so many things".)
Apr. 25, 2013, 9:36am
What's the chance there is no season 5 and it's all been an elaborate prank? A mean, mean prank.
Apr. 25, 2013, 11:25am
My hopes for the season are sort of plummeting. 3 and 1/2 years after the start of season 4, the wait has finally broken me. I give up and will fall back upon the rally cry of my generation. Whatever. I'm sure it will be great. I'm going on vacation in a few weeks. Thanks for all the work mike
Apr. 25, 2013, 12:15pm
  • by beb
  • (unregistered id: A678E20E7F)
Get a grip people, it's only two weeks and with the trailers and screen shots Jackson has released of course the season is going to happen. My only grouse is that the announced time-slot is Sunday at Midnight. Sheesh, I have to be at work at 7:30 am. I'm going to be dragging all during the season.

As i recall Jackson wrote that they had foolishly arranged thingns so that the first episode would be that last one to be finished. I assumed when AS set May 19th as the premiere it was because they had the first ep on hand. But i guess not. I've waited too years for this. I can wait two weeks more.
Apr. 25, 2013, 12:23pm
Two weeks isn't that big a deal considering we were told January-March at first. I'm just happy it's not pushed back until August or something. I will however be upset if it's split in two seasons again.
Apr. 25, 2013, 1:57pm
That's essentially already been done. Season 5 and 6 are 10 episodes each, rather than the usual 13. So you get fewer episodes per season but more than each half of season 4, and hopefully a smaller gap between them (I know they have already started to write season 6, but I don't know how far along that is otherwise).

There's also the between-seasons one hour thing and I believe a second short-form episode could also happen (but I'm not sure on that one).
Apr. 25, 2013, 2:30pm
Lots to look forward to!
Apr. 25, 2013, 8:00pm
Yeah, it just means my expectations will that much more, and when they exceed them, it will be all the sweeter.
Apr. 25, 2013, 8:32pm
  • by zaychik
  • (unregistered id: 6AA335D220)
wow, that sucks.
Apr. 25, 2013, 1:37pm
  • by kijunshi
  • (unregistered id: A3B6538697)
Noooooooooooooooo--ok, I'll survive :/ Guess this gives me more time to marathon the previous 4 seasons ahead of time!
Apr. 25, 2013, 2:38pm
Geeze, who do they think they are now; BOARDS OF CANADA??? No seriously, what a great 4* birthday present!!!
Apr. 25, 2013, 4:05pm
Clue #5 just dropped!! http://soundcloud.com/lawrenceking/boc-6-digit-sequence-no-5
Apr. 25, 2013, 9:02pm
Not the news that I wanted to hear on my birthday, but it's not a big deal. VB is always high quality, waiting an extra 2 weeks for that awesomeness is nothing. I'd rather give the makers all that time they need to be happy with their work than force them to rush putting the last pieces together on an episode's masterpiece. Absolutely looking forward to it just as much as before today. June 2nd here we come!!!
Apr. 25, 2013, 11:33pm
  • by D
  • (unregistered id: 00D676881F)
Well.....at least we have the poker game.

The weird thing is, I'm actually kind of wondering about the SIXTH season and long-form special more than the fifth.
2013 Venture Brothers isn't enough for me, I want everythinggggg
Apr. 27, 2013, 4:50am
  • by Captain V Bro.
  • (unregistered id: 5442FF40F3)
I'm actually kind of more excited for the final season of Futurama then this now.

See why -

"And the series finale, which features a wedding between Fry and Leela, is “a tasteful, emotional gorefest,” he raves. “There’s a lot of death but there’s also a lot of time travel, so that makes for an interesting combination.” Adds Groening: “It’s a really satisfying ending. It’s an epic ending.”

Apr. 27, 2013, 1:45pm
  • by Adult Swim Screwed Up
  • (unregistered id: 735A467F1C)
I see all these comments (on the net) about the new season starting May 19th everywhere... I guess this change will lead to poor ratings for season five, oh well.

Unless AS starts airing commercials correcting this asap.
Apr. 30, 2013, 9:43pm
Informative
  • by Hank
  • (unregistered id: F6CBFE5C36)
Saw a new ad!! It was a roll call of every major character for the new season (All the way from Dr. Venture to "Brock F%$^ing Samson" to Captain Sunshine to the Nozzle!)

Hopefully they get it online soon, it seemed chocked full of Season V (pronounced "VEE" in the commercial) clips!
May. 3, 2013, 10:38pm
  • by Captain V Bro.
  • (unregistered id: DCC5CAF1C3)
Yeah I saw that trailer, it was fucking awesome!
May. 4, 2013, 3:15am
Thanks for the update, this sounds hilarious!
May. 5, 2013, 1:05am
Linkage or it didn't happen!
May. 5, 2013, 11:10pm
  • by The Venture Home News
I saw it again last night but have not been able to find it online yet.
May. 6, 2013, 10:23pm
Well, after two years, what's another two weeks?
May. 7, 2013, 3:55am
Informative
  • by New New New Series Trailer
  • (unregistered id: 7789520FDC)

Mar. 14, 2019, 7:29pm
Season 7 Blu Ray announced! https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/70798/venture_brothers_s5.html

Dec. 30, 2018, 7:24pm
I know it's ghost town around here postseason and all but this: https://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/adult-swim/278367/the-venture-bros-season-8-everything-you-need-to-know Enjoy!