Venture Bros. Season 5 Possibly Starts Between March and May

Venture Bros. Season 5 Possibly Starts Between March and May
If yesterday's collection of holiday joy wasn't enough, Jackson has a meatier update up on his LiveJournal which includes even more never-before-seen screen grabs but also a nice chunk of info on the (lack of) Christmas song, when the new season starts, how progress on is going on season 5 and just what Jackson thinks of all the episodes (hint: it's awesome).

Since we're idiots who decided to write and produce our hour-long premiere episode last, we can't start airing until the last episode is finished. I don't currently know exactly when our premiere date is. I've heard it could be as soon as mid-March or as late as early May, but we're racing to get that premiere special done in time for March.

And now that I've seen all of the episodes in one form or another, I can truthfully say it's going to be a great season. The crew in every department of the production really stepped up their game (and new crew members brought new game)--the show's never looked or sounded better. And as writers, Doc and I hit a really great, confident stride that, I think, combines some of the best qualities of seasons past with a uniquely season 5 freshness. A good mix of new characters and old (some of which haven't been seen in quite a while), high adventure in exotic locations and internal strife on the home front. You will like it!

So head on over to read the whole thing and continue your anticipation.
Good news indeed! I was betting on June as we hadn't heard anything in awhile, so I'll take it. I am also still hoping season 5 will get back to focusing on Hank and Dean more as they seemed to take a back seat for awhile.
Dec. 30, 2012, 10:20am
  • by BIG NEWS: Season 5 DATE IS SET!!!!!!!!!!
  • (unregistered)
Adultswim just announced through a bump that Season 5 will start on May 19th!!
Feb. 5, 2013, 6:16am
Hot Sandwich! Looking forward to it!
Feb. 5, 2013, 9:49am
Looks truly epic indeed! More of the original Team Venture and possibly a return to Dr. Quymn? That fills my wishlist.
Dec. 30, 2012, 7:32pm
  • by kijunshi
  • (unregistered)
Dr. Quymn? Oh! The *original* Dr. Quymn! That would, indeed, be awesome. :)
Dec. 31, 2012, 12:49am
Well, her too, but I was talking about how there are a couple screengrabs that look like they're from the jungle where we last saw Dr. Quymn and company, so Rusty and Hatred may be talking a visit to her in an upcoming episode.
Dec. 31, 2012, 1:55am
She did leave the jungle at the end of the episode as well, so who knows.
Jan. 11, 2013, 8:14pm
All fantastic news! I hope Jackson & Doc continue to have the drive to make more VB in the coming years!
Dec. 30, 2012, 10:00pm
Also:

The backgrounds look amazing! Seriously, this just keeps getting better every year.
Dec. 30, 2012, 11:06pm
  • by TheEvilEye
  • (unregistered)
Good to see Jonas Venture Jr. returns and that Brock and Hunter look as epic as ever!

It all looks awesome to me!
Dec. 31, 2012, 12:09am
From what we can see in the screen grabs it looks like we're in for a heck of a season! New and old characters popping out of the woodwork, hot new backgrounds and promises of greatness from Jackson himself. Happy new year everyone, it's going to be a great one :)
Dec. 31, 2012, 10:02am
  • by TheEvilEye
  • (unregistered)
The only thing(s) I'm not seeing: 'The Revenge Society' and Dr. Killinger.

But time will tell.
Dec. 31, 2012, 6:50pm
  • by beb
  • (unregistered)
Could Dr. Mrs the Monarch be pregnant? Why else would she be looking at something in a microscope will wearing a nightie? What a complication that would be in the Monarch's life.
Dec. 31, 2012, 8:07pm
I was thinking that too!
Jan. 1, 2013, 6:00am
Another possibility is she might be trying to get pregnant but isn't. Could be the Monarch's sperm under that microscope. A lack of virility would be a major blow against his masculinity.
Jan. 1, 2013, 12:41pm
Sheila said in season one that they both agreed they didn't want kids. So I'm thinking if she is pregnant, they weren't trying.
Jan. 2, 2013, 9:13pm
Well, that was when she was Dr. Girlfriend. Now that they're married, they might have changed their minds. Marriage does change people.
Jan. 4, 2013, 7:24pm
  • by kijunshi
  • (unregistered)
Squee! That would be great drama, in my opinion :) But somehow I think not? Time will tell...
Jan. 2, 2013, 1:07am
  • by beb
  • (unregistered)
Alas, looking at the picture under magnification it looks as if Dr. Mrs. the Monarch is examining a length of cloth under the microscope, perhaps a neck scarf. So perhaps this relates to the other picture where the Dr. & the Monarch as stoned out of their minds in front of their thrones.
Jan. 2, 2013, 12:18pm
  • by Zaychik
  • (unregistered)
it looks like toilet paper or a scarf or something. WTF. What's with the weird window full of...butterflies or ugly plants that the Monarch is gesturing at? Related somehow?
Jan. 2, 2013, 1:42pm
  • by Scarlett
  • (unregistered)
What I am reall wondering...why is Dr. Mrs. wearing a bonnet.
Jan. 2, 2013, 2:19pm
Right?!
Jan. 2, 2013, 9:10pm
  • by beb
shower cap?
Jan. 7, 2013, 12:56pm
I think she already has a kid. Maybe she and Monarch are trying to have a baby and then it leads to this revelation about a kid she already had.

I don't know if anyone's seen the season 5 sizzle reel on youtube but there are a couple scenes of a young boy dressed like a villain with dark hair and a stripe in his hair....possibly controlling a robot that looks like his costume or something.

I may be crazy but I think the boy is Dr. Girlfriend and the Phantom Limb's son. That was Sheila's secret.
Jan. 4, 2013, 9:28am
I love watching eps from season 4 and working my way back to 1. Back in the days before the release of the season 3 dvds I remember remarking about how "comic book-y" season 1 looked compared to 2.

Also, Mike, this doesn't have anything Venture related about it, but I can't seem to post a new thread in the community section from mantis-Eye Mobile.
Jan. 5, 2013, 8:00am
Lame! I will look into that, thanks!
Jan. 7, 2013, 1:10pm
Can't reply either. I get an error reading, "The news artiicle you're replying to doesn't exist." Or thereabouts.
Jan. 7, 2013, 1:42pm
Dang, I thought I fixed that. Replies in regular news items still work fine? Thanks for bug testing :D
Jan. 7, 2013, 6:45pm
Posting from mantis-mobile as we speak (well, as I attempt to type on my tablet and you read about it later.) All of my posts in this thread were. And don't sweat it, happy to help.
Jan. 7, 2013, 8:00pm
Alrighty, should be working now!
Jan. 8, 2013, 12:22am
Success! There is now a gesture bookmark for the mantis-eye, you will always be near me!
Jan. 8, 2013, 3:45am
Also, thanks for making a mobile version in the first place!
Jan. 7, 2013, 1:43pm
Finally a weary nation has a reason to look forward to the passing of desolate Winter and the advent of a new Spring!

Any Venture fix is one of those rare things in my Adult Life (tm) that is actually worth the anticipation. Perhaps I'm jaded, or at a tad tuckered out. After over 25 years of married life almost every anticipated event builds up to a disappointing anti-climax--or none at all; but with each new season of Venture Brothers, I get an entertaining geyser of a payoff every time.
Jan. 7, 2013, 3:48pm
I too am excited for the eight remaining episodes in Season 5 for all the reasons everyone mentioned (great art, great writing, new mystery, and plain old new Venture Bros.).

There has been an AS Bump running that says the show is set to premire in April/May. So looks like we have have a bit of a wait yet.
Jan. 9, 2013, 11:28pm
Indeed!

New Venture? Yay!!!

--J.D.
Jan. 16, 2013, 3:39am
  • by CheeseyMcgee
  • (unregistered)
If I had to bet, I'd say the new episodes will show up around June and no earlier.
Jan. 23, 2013, 10:10pm
  • by HEY MIKE!!! WE NEED A NEWS THEAD!!!
  • (unregistered)
Bif Bang Pow! will be at the 2013 NYC Toyfair (Feb. 11th-13th), booth/room 4950.

Rumor is new Venture Bros. toys will be released and announced!
Feb. 2, 2013, 5:34am
  • by OH, and I almost forgot..
  • (unregistered)
BifBangPow! will have there total:

(128) Action Figures

(156) Collectibles

(199) Licensed Products

(256) Toys (General)
Feb. 2, 2013, 5:36am
  • by 1derboy
  • (unregistered)
Does anyone know where I can find a non cam version of the season 5 trailer?
Feb. 13, 2013, 11:26pm
I haven't missed even a single episode of the last four seasons of Venture Brothers. Hilarious series. I am sure that this season will rock too. Waiting for this to begin telecast. Expecting the best season this time. All the best guys!
Jun. 12, 2013, 5:43am

Commercial Break

Sep. 21, 2013, 3:47pm
Cool beans! Maybe if you attend dressed only in your Hankbuck towel you'll win a prize?

matt513

Aug. 16, 2013, 5:06am
Found something neat, head over to Astrobase Go! website and view the HTML source of the poster page to be amazed. http://astrobasego.com/

Devin T. Quin

Jul. 22, 2013, 10:40pm
Thanks for linking to my article, guys! Love the site. Some other funny stuff they went over that I didn't think there was room in article for: • Doc and Jackson have NEVER tried any of the drinks Doc Venture mixes. Hammer says he's "Obsessed with [Rusty] being a bad scientist, and therefore a bad mixologist." Jackson says some of the drinks wouldn't work on a chemical level. •Jackson thinks Rusty might have been laid a couple dozen times. Doc thinks "15, tops." They agree that he's written every single time down. • They have no immediate plans for the Hank Bucks, which are photocopied moneky with Hank on the front you receive with your t-shirt orders. They stressed that Shirt Club shirts will never be reprinted. They joked with the audience about a Golden Hank Buck, which will get you into the Astrobase, but they also said the Golden Hank Buck is "The mother of all lies," so take that with a grain of salt.