Adult Swim Launches Gold Videos

This appeared to go up very quietly in the last 24 hours or so, but Adult Swim Video has launched 'Gold' episodes, which are full-length episodes you can view in HD. The caveat here is that you need to currently subscribe to one of their partner providers to watch the video. So if you subscribe to AT&T U-Verse, Comcast, Cox, Dish Network, DirecTV, SuddenLink or Verizon for cable TV then you can watch Gold episodes! Just sign in with your account thingy. Currently there are four Venture Bros. episodes up. There's no additional catch beyond needing to subscribe to one of those services, and there are still the usual number of normal-quality episodes up, though they're different than the Gold ones. If you have any more questions, Adult Swim put up some frequently asked questions that may help.
  • by cpc65
  • (unregistered id: B5C569B6BC)
Hmmmm. I was wondering what that was all about. I have Cox cable, phone and internet and was able to watch some of the "gold episodes" last night without issue, but didn't need to log in or anything.

One of the season one eps I watched was Tag Sale and I thought of something I hadn't back then. Triana showed Dean the "giant grandma thunderpants" she found at the yard sale. Where did those come from? Too big to be Myra's and did Jonas have any large women at any of his "sleepovers"?
Aug. 3, 2011, 6:03pm
  • by Mike
  • (unregistered id: 2C55247A34)
For your first question, I have Comcast but I tested it out at work (which does not use Comcast) so it prompted me to login to my account. I guess if you are connected to said account already then you can just watch away, which is handy!

And for your second thing... my guess would be they were there because it was funny but I would also say Rusty is probably not above sleeping with a larger woman himself :P
Aug. 3, 2011, 6:32pm
  • by cpc65
  • (unregistered id: B5C569B6BC)
Maybe they belonged to Andrea Dworkin?
Aug. 3, 2011, 10:30pm
  • by beb
  • (unregistered id: A678E20E7F)
I remember wondering about the thunderpants, as well. Two thoughts. One is that so a teen like Triana any adult sized woman underwear would look gigantic. And if you don't like that one--

They're a pair of underpants from the stout Mexican maid Jonas Venture must have employed back in the day, because he was never seen with a wife, so someone had to clean and mop, do the dishes and cook the meals. As for what they're doing on the Venture Compound decades later.... Rusty stole them as a boy when he was first learning about women....
Aug. 4, 2011, 10:04am
  • (unregistered id: 03F5B24B78)
Hey, maybe they're Nikki Fictel's. She was a bit hefty back then and it's been confirmed that she and Rusty did the do.
Aug. 4, 2011, 8:27pm
  • by kijunshi
  • (unregistered id: 0E2BDA0AF2)
I just always assumed they were Myra's... isn't she a rather large woman herself? (I mean, big-boned, of course.)
Aug. 4, 2011, 9:53pm
  • (unregistered id: 03F5B24B78)
Myra's in pretty good shape actually. She still fits into that catsuit, even if she does fill it out a bit more in the chest area.
Aug. 5, 2011, 4:58pm
  • by Pecktacular
  • (unregistered id: C1545AD41C)
What a rip-off, no episodes with Baron Underbeight!
Aug. 4, 2011, 12:38am
It's not gold but you can watch "Past Tense"! http://video.adultswim.com/the-venture-bros/past-tense.html
Aug. 4, 2011, 1:30am
  • by stimutacs
  • (unregistered id: 31D36CBBFA)
1. Full episodes went 'gold only' at least 6 hours before the announced date (no full episodes at 6pm 9-29-2011 EST). Anybody have an exact time?
2. Would love to see traffic statistics for the AS website.
Oct. 1, 2011, 3:06pm

Mar. 14, 2019, 7:29pm
Season 7 Blu Ray announced! https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/70798/venture_brothers_s5.html

Dec. 30, 2018, 7:24pm
I know it's ghost town around here postseason and all but this: https://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/adult-swim/278367/the-venture-bros-season-8-everything-you-need-to-know Enjoy!