Details On Venture Bros. Special: The Story of Shallow Gravy

Details On Venture Bros. Special: The Story of Shallow Gravy
Today's Adult Swim upfront has given word on what exactly the upcoming 11-minute Venture Bros. special (currently being animated entirely in-house at Titmouse) will be:

THE VENTURE BROS. SPECIAL -- FROM THE LADLE TO THE GRAVE: THE STORY OF SHALLOW GRAVY

See the Venture Family as you’ve never seen them before: in a 15-minute documentary-style animated special. Follow the meteoric rise, the equally meteoric fall, and the decidedly un-meteor-like second coming of the most important band Hank Venture, Dermott Fitctel and H.E.L.P.eR. robot have ever been in: Shallow Gravy. If you’re hungry for rock, then open wide, because here comes a ladle of heavy metal fire and metaphoric meat drippings.

Thanks to fellow fan and friend of the site Kevin Fitzpatrick for letting me know about that. You can read more in his article on UGO.
  • by beb
  • (unregistered id: A678E20E7F)
Is being the band at uyour own prom "Worst Prom Ever" or "Best Prom Ever?" I'm confused.
May. 19, 2011, 1:56pm
  • by Hardy
  • (unregistered id: FFF530337A)
Awesome. I'm surprised they released information on it. I thought they'd stay tight-lipped on the special until it came out.
May. 19, 2011, 3:16pm
Informative
  • (unregistered id: 18EFAEA256)
This has potential, especially if they go Spinal Tap or Behind The Music with it. It probably shouldn't look too low production value though, because that defeats the whole glamorization thing they're always going for in rock and roll specials.
May. 19, 2011, 3:53pm
  • by cpc65
  • (unregistered id: E747E66020)
Will melt your brain and expand your mind with their awesome heaviness!
May. 21, 2011, 8:31am
  • by helli0n
  • (unregistered id: D5E20CB319)
What happened to this..? Supposed to have aired tonight, but all I got was re-runs. Now I am seeing stuff that says the episode isn't coming out until August 28th. Is it just me or does this really reflect badly on Titmouse? Either way I am really really disappointed.
Jul. 25, 2011, 3:47am
  • by Mike
  • (unregistered id: 2C55247A34)
Adult Swim mis-reported the date initially. The special isn't even fully complete yet as we didn't get to see it at Comic-Con (only a short preview and a 3-minute Shallow Gravy video for "Jacket"). August 28th! Patience, my friend!
Jul. 25, 2011, 2:53pm

Mar. 14, 2019, 7:29pm
Season 7 Blu Ray announced! https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/70798/venture_brothers_s5.html