Jackson & Doc Interview Bonanza: io9

We're in full new season announcement mode now with interviews all over the place. io9 joins the fun with a interview that talks, oddly enough, mostly about fan-made slash fiction revolving around the show's characters and, oddly enough, Jackson and Doc themselves. There's other stuff in there too though... I think.

Yeah, there was a lot of love and cupping. A lot of slash includes cuddling. I'm actually charmed by it because a fan loved something so much they needed to see it procreate...that's kind of beautiful. I know it's horrifying and grisly, but I think it's a high compliment.

Many thanks to Red Menace in the comments for posting a link!
  • by Grim-Gravy
  • (unregistered id: 38D6ECB1AE)
As a fan of slash (and an artist of yet unpublicized Venture slash art), I'm glad to see that Jackson and Doc can look at the subject like (witty) adults and realize that it's just a form of appreciation (though depraved) for their creation.

Aside from that, being super gay-ass is really just a logical way to go when there are little to no women in your line of work. Ha ha.
Mar. 26, 2011, 10:33pm
  • (unregistered id: D5DF1EA442)
I can vouch for the first thing. The second one, I wouldn't know.
Mar. 27, 2011, 12:15am
  • by Red Menace
  • (unregistered id: 7EDFD588FA)
Through the few interviews, it seems they have found some energy they may have had lost. It's an amazing task for a small team. Our boys deserve Seth MacFarlane money for what they do. Nice to see them in the press again. They need a cable access show right after Robin Byrd.
Mar. 26, 2011, 11:22pm