Season 4.1 DVD Coming October 26th

Fresh on the heels of the premiere episodes of season 4.2, the first eight episodes of Venture Bros. season 4 (dubbed 'Volume 1' on the packaging) will show up on DVD on October 6th. No news on what the set will include, though it is apparently a two disc set, so expect commentaries from Jackson, Doc and friends at the very least. Note that, as Jackson mentioned in his blog there won't be a Blu-Ray release until the complete season four can be put on it. So if you're buying on Blu-Ray you won't have anything to worry about until at least next spring, but DVD folks will have two sets to buy.

The set has a suggested price of $23.98, so you may be able to snag it for $20 some places. Many thanks to Robert Sullivan for sending me this news; he is apparently better at finding this stuff than I am!
  • by Hardy
  • (unregistered id: FFF530337A)
While not exited about the split up of the Season 4 DVDs....I am still excited to get my hands on Volume 1 this fall.

WWAAAAAAAAAAHHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Jul. 14, 2010, 6:07pm
  • by Donkiku
  • (unregistered id: A4C9665458)
I think I'll get me this because if that's the cover it looks pretty cool. Let's see what happens. :D
Jul. 14, 2010, 6:26pm
  • (unregistered id: 53AB5B317B)
Well, my day is made. 2 DVDs for 8 eps and whatever extras they put in there? I'm there. And the packaging looks awesome to boot.
Jul. 14, 2010, 6:42pm
  • by Grethiwha
  • (unregistered id: CBFF71351F)
Awesome packaging. I thought it was actually wrapped in material until I saw the full sized image. I got both the blu-ray and DVD of season 3 for no particular reason, and after seeing this I'll definitely be doing that again.

...Also, why haven't we just been calling it volume 1 and 2 all along. That's soo much less stupid then 4.1 and 4.2.
Jul. 14, 2010, 7:55pm
  • by CandyCorn
  • (unregistered id: AFAD038EFB)
I almost thought it was actual material as well. Such a pity. I'd love part of Rusty to take home with me.
Jul. 15, 2010, 3:23am
  • by Mr. Monday
  • (unregistered id: 5D76BD562C)
That extra friggin' DVD better be chock full of goodies & giant rayguns.
Jul. 15, 2010, 6:03pm
  • by Marcus
  • (unregistered id: 95EE09A8F0)
I am adoring that cover design, but I'm with Monday Man: what the heck is going on that second disc? It had better be a buttload of deleted scenes to justify a whole second disc.

Also, the press release I read at some other site mentioned deleted scenes, but not commentaries. I'm pretty confident we'll get them, but still slightly nervous that they weren't mentioned.

Also also, I wish we knew if we'd be getting one big season 4 pack after both volumes are released. If so, I'd rather wait and get that. Without knowing though, I guess I'll have to buy both.

Also also also.
Jul. 16, 2010, 7:06am
  • by Hardy
  • (unregistered id: DD4ED4D705)
I hope the DVD contains the lost intro to the Season 3 Finale (pt. 1)!!!
Jul. 16, 2010, 8:19am
  • by Marcus
  • (unregistered id: 95EE09A8F0)
Good call, I forgot about that. Yes, I would love to have that at last!
Jul. 16, 2010, 1:21pm
  • by CandyCorn
  • (unregistered id: AFAD038EFB)
There's also the possibility they just didn't have time to record commentaries this time around. Although I highly doubt that's the case, I think it'd be pretty understandable considering the time they're putting in just to get the second half of the season out.
Jul. 17, 2010, 1:55am
Oh. THAT PACKAGING IS GORGEOUS.
Jul. 16, 2010, 11:32am
  • by Mike T.
  • (unregistered id: B893FA75E2)
A video of the Comic con panels was posted on adultswim.com, It covers the venture brothers panel.
Jul. 16, 2010, 10:16pm
  • by Mike T.
  • (unregistered id: B893FA75E2)
Oh wait Scratch that. It's a highlight Reel, sorry everyone
Jul. 16, 2010, 10:18pm
  • by SlashTank
  • (unregistered id: 7F41A6911A)
Amazon has Season 4, Volume 1 already!!!!!! YEEAAAHHHH......oh wait........nevermind...

Jul. 23, 2010, 11:56am
  • by Mike
  • (unregistered id: DA1A2954DF)
That was just mean :(
Jul. 23, 2010, 1:02pm
  • by Doctor X
  • (unregistered id: 4297514DA8)
But hilarious!

--J.D.
Aug. 4, 2010, 2:17pm
  • by Donkiku
  • (unregistered id: F4CA83B8BD)
Ahahahahaha! BAM!
Jul. 23, 2010, 2:04pm
  • (unregistered id: C6A3559C81)
Oh my god, I'm glad I put my soda down, because my keyboard would be soaked otherwise. That is just so funny.
Jul. 23, 2010, 5:22pm
  • (unregistered id: 2BFDC48EA1)

Captain V

Oct. 2, 2018, 7:08am
Jackson and Doc will be at NYCC 2018, fuck yes! An artbook signing and a nice Q&A session. https://mobile.twitter.com/KenPlume/status/1046909368959209472 Doc Hammer also has an artshow: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/doc-hammer-the-black-ones-tickets-50287509294

Captain V

Sep. 28, 2018, 5:13pm
http://www.adultswim.com/videos/the-venture-bros/the-forecast-manufacturer It's here.

Mike

Sep. 21, 2018, 5:43pm
Discussion for this weekend's episode is up! http://mantiseye.com/news/2018/09/the_terminus_mandate_discussion