Season 4.1 DVD Coming October 26th

Fresh on the heels of the premiere episodes of season 4.2, the first eight episodes of Venture Bros. season 4 (dubbed 'Volume 1' on the packaging) will show up on DVD on October 6th. No news on what the set will include, though it is apparently a two disc set, so expect commentaries from Jackson, Doc and friends at the very least. Note that, as Jackson mentioned in his blog there won't be a Blu-Ray release until the complete season four can be put on it. So if you're buying on Blu-Ray you won't have anything to worry about until at least next spring, but DVD folks will have two sets to buy.

The set has a suggested price of $23.98, so you may be able to snag it for $20 some places. Many thanks to Robert Sullivan for sending me this news; he is apparently better at finding this stuff than I am!
  • by Hardy
  • (unregistered id: FFF530337A)
While not exited about the split up of the Season 4 DVDs....I am still excited to get my hands on Volume 1 this fall.

WWAAAAAAAAAAHHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Jul. 14, 2010, 6:07pm
  • by Donkiku
  • (unregistered id: A4C9665458)
I think I'll get me this because if that's the cover it looks pretty cool. Let's see what happens. :D
Jul. 14, 2010, 6:26pm
  • (unregistered id: 53AB5B317B)
Well, my day is made. 2 DVDs for 8 eps and whatever extras they put in there? I'm there. And the packaging looks awesome to boot.
Jul. 14, 2010, 6:42pm
  • by Grethiwha
  • (unregistered id: CBFF71351F)
Awesome packaging. I thought it was actually wrapped in material until I saw the full sized image. I got both the blu-ray and DVD of season 3 for no particular reason, and after seeing this I'll definitely be doing that again.

...Also, why haven't we just been calling it volume 1 and 2 all along. That's soo much less stupid then 4.1 and 4.2.
Jul. 14, 2010, 7:55pm
  • by CandyCorn
  • (unregistered id: AFAD038EFB)
I almost thought it was actual material as well. Such a pity. I'd love part of Rusty to take home with me.
Jul. 15, 2010, 3:23am
  • by Mr. Monday
  • (unregistered id: 5D76BD562C)
That extra friggin' DVD better be chock full of goodies & giant rayguns.
Jul. 15, 2010, 6:03pm
  • by Marcus
  • (unregistered id: 95EE09A8F0)
I am adoring that cover design, but I'm with Monday Man: what the heck is going on that second disc? It had better be a buttload of deleted scenes to justify a whole second disc.

Also, the press release I read at some other site mentioned deleted scenes, but not commentaries. I'm pretty confident we'll get them, but still slightly nervous that they weren't mentioned.

Also also, I wish we knew if we'd be getting one big season 4 pack after both volumes are released. If so, I'd rather wait and get that. Without knowing though, I guess I'll have to buy both.

Also also also.
Jul. 16, 2010, 7:06am
  • by Hardy
  • (unregistered id: DD4ED4D705)
I hope the DVD contains the lost intro to the Season 3 Finale (pt. 1)!!!
Jul. 16, 2010, 8:19am
  • by Marcus
  • (unregistered id: 95EE09A8F0)
Good call, I forgot about that. Yes, I would love to have that at last!
Jul. 16, 2010, 1:21pm
  • by CandyCorn
  • (unregistered id: AFAD038EFB)
There's also the possibility they just didn't have time to record commentaries this time around. Although I highly doubt that's the case, I think it'd be pretty understandable considering the time they're putting in just to get the second half of the season out.
Jul. 17, 2010, 1:55am
Oh. THAT PACKAGING IS GORGEOUS.
Jul. 16, 2010, 11:32am
  • by Mike T.
  • (unregistered id: B893FA75E2)
A video of the Comic con panels was posted on adultswim.com, It covers the venture brothers panel.
Jul. 16, 2010, 10:16pm
  • by Mike T.
  • (unregistered id: B893FA75E2)
Oh wait Scratch that. It's a highlight Reel, sorry everyone
Jul. 16, 2010, 10:18pm
  • by SlashTank
  • (unregistered id: 7F41A6911A)
Amazon has Season 4, Volume 1 already!!!!!! YEEAAAHHHH......oh wait........nevermind...

Jul. 23, 2010, 11:56am
  • by Mike
  • (unregistered id: DA1A2954DF)
That was just mean :(
Jul. 23, 2010, 1:02pm
  • by Doctor X
  • (unregistered id: 4297514DA8)
But hilarious!

--J.D.
Aug. 4, 2010, 2:17pm
  • by Donkiku
  • (unregistered id: F4CA83B8BD)
Ahahahahaha! BAM!
Jul. 23, 2010, 2:04pm
  • (unregistered id: C6A3559C81)
Oh my god, I'm glad I put my soda down, because my keyboard would be soaked otherwise. That is just so funny.
Jul. 23, 2010, 5:22pm
  • (unregistered id: 2BFDC48EA1)

Commercial Break

Amien (Formerly R...)

Oct. 8, 2016, 6:58pm
The Venture Bros. Panel from NYCC 2016 is archived on Twitch at the mail channel. Some minor spoilers to follow... Orpheus and Dermott have both been written in to Season 7, though the latter in small doses. They are finishing working on the scripts and they hope to start production in the next month or two. They have said this before but the first episode of Season 7 will act as a finale to Season 6. (Much like how the Gargantua-2 special ended Season 5 on a proper note). They are very conscious that the past two seasons have not had a proper finale and they are trying to fix that in Season 7. While they have not been renewed for a Season 8, they HAVE NOT been cancelled. In fact, they said they are specifically not writing Season 7 as if it were the last one. Finally, The Art of the Venture Bros. is still a go! It has expanded into a much bigger book than they imagined and Ken Plume has been doing the work on it. It has material from all six seasons, and it sounds like an in-depth interview that spans the entire book. Release date and information still to come.

wordbird

Mar. 17, 2016, 6:48pm
Interview with Hal Lublin https://medium.com/the-dot-and-line/exclusive-interview-hal-lublin-breaks-down-venture-bros-and-playing-up-his-asthma-eaf28ecb7b89#.v3p6osl3y

Feb. 24, 2016, 2:50pm
Adult Swim's Tumblr says they're working on more VB merch soon! http://adultswim.tumblr.com/post/139913216494/quirkett-duprass42-on-the-one-hand-im