The San Diego Comic-Con 2013 + Season Five Finale Signed Stuff Giveaway
Has Comic-Con ever so perfectly coincided with a season finale of Venture Bros. before? It's like the Venture Bros. version of the Transit of Venus. While those attending Comic-Con have ample opportunity to see Jackson and Doc on the Venture Bros. panel and even briefly talk with them and get their autographs, those of us stuck at home are not so lucky.
While I can't get you an all expenses paid backstage pass to Comic-Con on short notice (or probably at all) I can help you out with the autograph thing. Jackson and Doc have been kind enough to agree to sign some of these prizes, and instead of selling them for a huge profit on eBay I'm passing the magic on to you! Here are the prizes. They're not signed yet, so you'll have to use your imagination.
So what do you have to do to win? Well, nothing, really. There's only one rule:
You have to swear that you're not attending Comic-Con.
Remember, this contest is for people who can't get out there! I'm also making entering to win the Mantis-Eye mug optional. Yes, it's super cool and (probably) signed by Jackson and Doc but I only want to give that out to a super fan who really loves The Mantis-Eye Experiment. If you're only here for the sweet prizes then you probably don't want that. I totally understand.
As is the usual case for giveaways here, if you have a Mantis-Eye account then your chances of winning are magically doubled. You don't need one to enter, but if you don't have one and want to increase you chances, you should totally get one!
Sorry, this giveaway has ended!
Contest rules and legal-ish mumbo-jumbo:
- Participants will be chosen at random from a list of entrants. Entries made with acconts will have
their name added to the pool twice to double their chances. Entering multiple times either via multiple
accounts or submitting multiple times will not increase your chances (subsequent entries will be discarded).
- Each entry is elegible for one of the first three prizes though you don't have a choice which one you'll
win, it's all just random. After the first three prizes have been won the remaining pool of people who checked
the box to win the Mantis-Eye mug will have a similar drawing.
- If you mark the checkbox indicating that you're going to Comic-Con your entry will not be eligible. No verification
of this claim will be made, however. If you don't check the mug checkbox you won't be eligible to win the Mantis-Eye
mug but it won't change your chances for the other prizes. Promise.
- In the event that a winner refuses or cannot be contacted then a replacement winner will be selected at
random and so on until all prizes have been claimed. Each selected winner will have seven (7) days to respond
via email before they are passed over.
- Once I mail the prize it's out of my hands. So if it gets lost in the mail or damaged there's nothing
I can do about it, sadly, and a replacement cannot be issued. It's never happened before (as far as I know)
so hopefully it won't be a problem.
- There's a small chance that the prizes may not get signed. It's a thing that has to happen in the future, so
I can't go and say that they will be signed, because who knows what might happen. So, they will probably be signed,
but there's a chance they won't be.
- If you don't sign up for an account your email address will only be used to contact you in the event that you
win and not for anything else ever. If you sign up for an account you might get a newsletter if I ever get around
- No prize substitutions will be made, so what you win is what you get.
- The giveaway will end at approximately 11:59pm PST on July 23rd.
- By entering this contest you acknowledge that you have actually read and more importantly
that you agree to these rules.
- I reserve the right to change rules or make up new ones as I see fit at any time. I probably won't
do that but just in case now I have all my bases covered.