Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Robert
  • (unregistered id: E4038AD5D6)
There were people talking about how they were disappointed that the Venture Brothers are clones and it could turn out to be like Kenny ala South Park but there was an interview with Jackson Publick and how the thought up Venture Bros. before south park and he wanted the boys to die and come back every episode but then south park hit the scene and he scraped that idea so HE THOUGHT OF IT FIRST
Jun. 25, 2006, 12:16am
  • by Pertinax
  • (unregistered id: BCB1AAADC1)
That's true, I even believe that I read that article, however, I still think it would be stupid for the boys to keep dying. The Venture Brothers is an awesome show and does not need a gimmick to be funny, and besides even if they decided to make it a reoccuring theme, introducing it in the second season rather than at the begining of the series would be pretty dumb. But that's just my opinion.
Jun. 25, 2006, 1:53am
Yep. That's the thing: It doesn't matter who came up with the concept first, I was just worried that it would become a running joke NOW. I really like the show the way it is and I was just expressing a worry that it would change the dynamic of the way everyone interacts with each other. Either way, it's a great show. No doubt.
Jun. 25, 2006, 4:08am
Besides, like someone already pointed out, we're only one show into the new season. Who knows?
Jun. 25, 2006, 4:41am
  • by Trashcan Man
  • (unregistered id: 6E3E151833)
Well, they certainly can't use the whole "they're dead... or ARE THEY" thing as a cliffhanger anymore.

I'm actually hoping their incubation lasts a couple of episodes- the clone slugs have some comedy potential, and the whole Jonas Venture thing needs to be explored a little more- I mean, he's turned into quite the ladies' man, for a parasitic twin and all.
Jun. 25, 2006, 7:17am
  • by Doc SnOZ
  • (unregistered id: 5193BB62A9)
I love King Gorilla. I think he was the best new character in this first episode. Maybe I was hearing things, but KG is in jail for sodomizing Vince Neil in the surreal life, right? I Phantom Limb mentioned it when he visited KG in jail. It took me a couple of viewings to catch it.
Jun. 25, 2006, 5:14pm
  • by Paul
  • (unregistered id: 5F75C352C2)
Sodomizing and eviscerating... he only sodomized half of him. (Vince Neil is likely no longer with us unless he was another of Dr. Orpheus's clients.)
Jun. 29, 2006, 3:15am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• agrohimupv unlocked One Year Later May. 3, 2024, 4:11am
  • Robdvt unlocked One Year Later May. 2, 2024, 9:34pm
  • Robegf unlocked One Year Later May. 2, 2024, 9:33pm
  • Vikijgk unlocked One Year Later May. 2, 2024, 6:28pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites