Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Pertinax
  • (unregistered id: BCB1AAADC1)
I have to admit, I was a little disappointed. Don't get me wrong it had a lot of funny parts- but I was totally hoping for some cool season-spanning adventure that would eventually bring the boys back. And while seeing the boys die over and over was pretty awesome, in my mind it rings too much of Kenny from South Park. I hope the boys don't die again anytime soon...
Jun. 24, 2006, 2:37am
That was exactly how I felt as well. It was a great episode, but I really hope that the boys' death does not become a running joke. Even South Park got tired of killing Kenny after a while. It would make any danger they get into in future adventures meaningless.
Jun. 24, 2006, 2:53am
  • by Pertinax
  • (unregistered id: BCB1AAADC1)
I'm glad someone else agrees. And you're right- perhaps what was really bothering me was the way that it basically "doesn't matter" if the boys die because they can just be cloned again. Figuring out what over-the-top way Brock is going to save them seems kind of meaningless now.
Jun. 24, 2006, 3:04am
  • by ClearGreenSkies
  • (unregistered id: B9EBA4928E)
Hm, I dunno... I'm withholding judgment until the next episode or perhaps the one after it, whenever we get to see the new-and-not-really-improved clones. Somehow I don't think that Doc and Brock's explanation is the 100% concrete nail in this particular coffin (wow, I just combined like three affirmative-implying analogies).
Jun. 24, 2006, 4:13am
  • by travishall456
  • (unregistered id: 68DABBAEB9)
"Et Tu King Gorilla." AWESOME first episode!
Jun. 24, 2006, 4:23am
  • by LeenisNV
  • (unregistered id: E51708D3AC)
I liked how they did it because if you think of it like Johnny Quest... yeah he should have died a lot I mean damn. So the fact that it's done in such a way that it's not really a big deal makes it more... realistic(I know nothing bout the show is, but you catch my drift i hope)
Hank in a batman costume with an umbrella just falling... classic
Jun. 26, 2006, 1:18pm
  • by SnotRorschach
  • (unregistered id: 91D3C5D88B)
I don't mind thinking of Brocks over-the-top ways of saving the boys as an excuse to beat the hell out of somebody.
Jun. 24, 2006, 4:24am
  • by ClearGreenSkies
  • (unregistered id: B9EBA4928E)
...since that's probably exactly what they've always been.
Jun. 24, 2006, 4:30am
  • by TrashcanMan
  • (unregistered id: 6E3E151833)
I'd also like to think that the whole reason Brock saves the boys in over the top manners is to avoid having to deal with the whole clone growing process- since the fact that they feel like big Stretch Armstrongs creeps him out.

It's probably less hassle to save them, and killing someone in the process is gravy.
Jun. 24, 2006, 5:45pm
  • by Mike
  • (unregistered id: 74991ACE82)
Well, they are still living humans, so it's not like he's going to go "oh well screw them I'll go bang some chicks instead"... the cloning thing seems more like a backup because they seem to die so much. a lot of their deaths didn't come from a mission/adventure Brock and Doc were on, but rather the boys being stupid like standing next to the X-1 when it was takin off or running with scissors or jumping off the roof of the compound.

Also I doubt it'll become a gimmick for them to die. Jackson has said that when he originally came up with the show he wanted them to die every episode, but then South Park came along and did the same thing, so he had to scrap the idea. They might die at the end of each season (that's speculation on my part), but it won't quite carry the same weight it did at the end of season one of course.
Jun. 24, 2006, 3:34pm
  • by char
  • (unregistered id: 83F31A9D24)
And it honestly looks like making the clones is just a pain in the ass for everybody so they do what they can to avoid it.
Jun. 24, 2006, 5:46pm
  • by Rod
  • (unregistered id: 03ACEF3A83)
Well, the original idea for the show was to have the boys die in almost every episode as a parody to all those Hardy Boys adventures where doing something like following a criminal around would get you killed. There were several years between the conception of the show and its actual birth and they scrapped the recurring deaths idea when South Park started.
Jun. 30, 2006, 4:14am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Robvmw unlocked One Year Later May. 3, 2024, 3:11pm
  • Robjbm unlocked One Year Later May. 3, 2024, 2:08pm
  • Roblka unlocked One Year Later May. 3, 2024, 2:03pm
  • agrohimupv unlocked One Year Later May. 3, 2024, 4:11am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites