Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by ClearGreenSkies
  • (unregistered id: B9EBA4928E)
~WARNING: SPOILER-TASTIC!!~
I absolutely loved it. Perfect return to a show that I haven't seen anything new of in a year. For the past week I've been re-watching the first season DVDs pretty much non-stop, so going straight from Return to Spider-Skull Island into this was really rewarding.

Let's see...notes:

~Doc Venture once again proves himself to be the most horrible person alive (firing his equivilant of Haji, trying to avoid living with the boys again, etc). And yet, he's awesome? Why is this?

~Dr. O *rocks*. Seriously, he may well be my favorite character. I loved his guilt-tripping, and his journey to Hades...in fact it would've been kinda cool to see him bring the boys back from hell. "Phile! Necrophile!"

~Speaking of which, I wonder how he's going to react to the boys now. Oh man, I wonder how *Triana's* going to react to the boys now! That reunion will probably involve tears...not of joy.

~YES! FREE MONARCH!

~Loved, loved, loved the Venture Bros. death montage. Probably my favorite part of the episode.

~So the clone theory proves correct-- at least partly so, anyway. We still didn't really solve the "boy's mother/test tube" riddle (since evidently they just make clones every time the boys die), but I'm actually glad of that-- it leaves more up in the air for later this season (mwa-ha-ha-ha!) I do have to wonder though, does this mean the boys will never grow up? Like, do the clones age like normal people would? Is it like living except with little death speed-bumps which you have to go over every few miles or so? Or are they just going to stay the same forever at 16 (or however old there are)? I kind of hope it's not option B-- while I realize they're funny as they are now, the concept of them not even having the opprotunity to develop *physically* is just sad. Man, you have got to feel for the twins Venture at least a little bit.

~Quote of the Day: "If you have accident-prone children, you make them wear helmets. If you have death-prone children, you make clones."
Jun. 24, 2006, 1:33am
  • by Mike
  • (unregistered id: 74991ACE82)
haha yes, in the beginning Doc Venture wandering around looking like he was trying to find himself was hilarious (I said to myself a few times "huh. I guess they're really dead.", especially the special opening, which was great) and then it turned out he was just trying to avoid going back to his old life.

really great episode overall though. Brock's stretch armstrong comment was hilarious.
Jun. 24, 2006, 1:48am
  • by ClearGreenSkies
  • (unregistered id: B9EBA4928E)
"Stretch armstrong"...? I'm gonna have to watch it again.
Jun. 24, 2006, 4:14am
  • by bankrupt
  • (unregistered id: A8045D9A83)
Great start for a new season. The beginning was sweet, and there were plenty of laughs. I'll tune in again on Sunday to get the full experience. You can only judge so much about the artwork from a stream on my crappy 15" CRT.

Who is doing Jonas Venture Jr's voice now? It sounded different, especially since I watched the last ep. of season one before watching this.
Jun. 24, 2006, 6:07am
  • by Supercrap
  • (unregistered id: 01FDECB56D)
I think that his voice was different because he wasn't pissed any longer. Still voiced by Urbaniak.
Jun. 25, 2006, 5:29am
  • by Guild of Calmitous Intent
  • (unregistered id: 2A36E62023)
This episode was awesome! I loved the intro with Dr. and Jonas Jr. having adventures and Jonas Jr having all of the contracts done except the teleporter.
King Gorilla and the other super villians in prison were hilarious.

Let the battle for Dr. Girlfriend begin!
Jun. 26, 2006, 3:50pm
  • by Vivas
  • (unregistered id: A09F02C2AF)
I liked the episode alot. I loved the "What Dreams May Come" reference with Doc O and the frozen heads in the underworld. The Monarch's henchmen were hilarious in that group therapy session. Finally it was cool seeing Brock with a Ron Burgundy moustache.
Jun. 26, 2006, 11:25pm
  • by Reynolds
  • (unregistered id: 771C2AC806)
Where exactly does the phrase "toe-headed" come from? I know it means "blonde", but just wondering about the origin if anyone knows. Is it a reference I'm not getting? I feel like I've heard the expression before, just wondering if anyone knows.
Jun. 27, 2006, 6:18pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Robvmw unlocked One Year Later May. 3, 2024, 3:11pm
  • Robjbm unlocked One Year Later May. 3, 2024, 2:08pm
  • Roblka unlocked One Year Later May. 3, 2024, 2:03pm
  • agrohimupv unlocked One Year Later May. 3, 2024, 4:11am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites