Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

I enjoyed it, particularly some prominent voice actors they got back like That Guy from Highlander who can totally imitate Christopher Lambert – seriously, look it up! – and That Guy Psychiatrist from Law & Order . . . and some minor movie about a spiderman or something . . . was it whiplash?

I am sad there was not more: another season.

At least we had this. We had some interesting answers:

The MONARCH [! – Ed.] Hatred of Rusty: this has long been an intentionally unanswered question – parodied by Dr. Mrs. the Monarch Sheila . . . Venture? not really answering it. If Doc 'n Jason gave an answer we would all be disappointed. I personally thought it was that Rusty laughed at one of Malcolm's "butterfly stories" in their creative writing class, but, hey, it was just as bad: Malcolm thought Rusty stole his girl!

A girl he has forgotten about, has more than adequately replaced, BUT YOU FUCKED MY GIRLFRIEND!

I liked his reaction when Rusty tells him that, no, that never happened. So the point of his vendetta? Still there! It needs no point!

Hank and Dean's Mom: well, I guess it makes . . . sense? Just do not ask where the other half of the chromosomes came from . . . unless they are clones of . . . but why is Hank "Tow-headed?" Anyway, if Doc 'n Jason picked someone . . . or introduced a character . . . fans would complain.

I am glad they could involve a lot of favorite characters. They could not bring them all back, but those they did were great.

Still . . .

. . . about that Homicidal Bear with the Knife?
8 months ago
My take on the "Hank and Dean's Mom" deal is, Mantilla gave Rusty her eggs (since she "wasn't planning on using them anyway"), in exchange for the transfer of her Mom's Inviso-powers to her. Rusty likely used Somatic Cell Nuclear Transfer (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somatic_cell_nuclear_transfer) to clone himself using Mantilla's eggs. That technique does not transfer the mitochontrial DNA of the donor, but keeps the mDNA of the egg cell. Thus, the copy made is not a perfect duplicate genetically. That could account for Hank and Dean having differing characteristics.

That, and Monarch's baboon DNA, would also explain why he couldn't pass the retinal pattern scanner in the elevator in an earlier episode.

Or maybe I'm just over-analyzing stuff. Darn, I will miss this!
8 months ago
Recall that when Dean got testicular torsion in season one Doc said to Billy that he could have corrected that in the prototype phase. So he likely did do some tinkering with the boys' DNA, possibly with Ben's help.
8 months ago
No need for a DNA difference for the retinal scanner. Just a like fingerprint, retinal layout is different between people with the same genetics (identical twins).
8 months ago

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Viktoriiob unlocked One Year Later May. 7, 2024, 11:40am
  • Viktorizfq unlocked One Year Later May. 6, 2024, 4:57pm
  • Natashaulh unlocked One Year Later May. 6, 2024, 10:52am
  • Samantasdc unlocked One Year Later May. 6, 2024, 8:16am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites