Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

It was really good, but bittersweet. If after season 7, they were told to end the show with a big finale movie, I think we would have gotten something very different. Instead, what we got was what would have been season 8, compressed into 90 minutes. A lot of fun and some interesting answers to some big questions, but no more of an ending than the end to most seasons.
9 months ago
Basically my sentiments as well. I don't want to criticize it too much as Jackson and Doc obviously put a lot of work into it and I feel they tried to do too much. But at least we got an ending. Also, I would have preferred it if Rusty and Malcolm were brothers, full or half, and there was a least some measure of reconciliation between them, but that's just me. And I felt that the whole Mantilla story fell a bit flat at the end. Maybe if they had more time. I'm gonna have to re-watch this a few more times at least to try and absorb it all, but not for a couple of days.

Edit: The Blu-ray is currently at #1 spot on Amazon.
9 months ago
  • by Casey
  • (unregistered id: 2D9B171797)
So, so many things that ought to have gotten their own episodes. A whole 25 minutes on the henchbeasts would have been an instant classic, and it would have cemented the thematic core of this whole thing. Namely: Rusty has been making reparations for his father's ego-driven destruction his entire life, and he's a better person for it. Giving money to the St. Simones in exchange for Debbie's inventions enabled him to keep making money that in turn let him support Ben, Dermott, Swifty, etc. The final scene is Rusty completing the cycle his father started with one major change: making sure his sons would always be there for one another.
9 months ago
They say as much in the commentary (which I recommend listening to, even if they are both continually a little sad about the show's cancellation and it will likely also make you sad about it). They had a bunch of finished scripts and some outlines for season 8, and while they did rewrite a bunch of stuff for the movie, they essentially tried to cram a bunch of season 8 into this movie. So we'd have gotten a bunch of the jokes in this movie as longer bits in their own episode. Hank going across the country would have been a multi-episode arc, etc. Sounds like it would have been really fun!

Though given the choice between the movie and nothing, I'm glad we at least got this.
9 months ago

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Viktoriiob unlocked One Year Later May. 7, 2024, 11:40am
  • Viktorizfq unlocked One Year Later May. 6, 2024, 4:57pm
  • Natashaulh unlocked One Year Later May. 6, 2024, 10:52am
  • Samantasdc unlocked One Year Later May. 6, 2024, 8:16am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites