Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Captain V
  • (unregistered id: 03A96A9F11)
The episode is great.. but that ending. Holy shit. It's rough to watch.... on an especially rough day for me personally.
I'll never fully like Dean as a character again... but at least he didn't lie when caught... I guess.
At this point... I wouldn't be surprised if a main character dies a shocking and realistic/permanent death in the season finale. Hank is too obvious. But maybe Billy or Brock or... Dean? The show feels extra dark this season.

What if Scare Bear is actually Pete White? I'm obviously just kidding.
I also think the homeless guy either knows Scare Bear or is him.
He has an orange glove on (his machete hand) when he finds Hank, a clue maybe?
Scare Bear almost feels like it could be actually be Brock... or a rogue clone of Brock.
But Scare Bear is left-handed and Brock is right-handed. So, that disproves that theory.

Billy having the thermal regulator (plot device) up his ass conveniently just for stopping the weather machine didn't totally feel earned, too much was happening in the other stories for that bit to totally work for me.

Glad Doc Hammer's obsession with Lawn Darts finally got into a script.
All the callbacks and G.C. time machine callback was crazy. I'm sure we'll never see that Billy or Doc again... or will we.

The tie on the door... remember when Doc did that to Dean.. while writing his musical?

Dean and Sirena are pieces of shit. Forget what happened. Hank's head was bleeding all over and they just sat their caught like rats.

Hank's ADD would lead to him getting mortally wounded again.
It's in his DNA to get lost in fantasy, and just jump off a roof, so to speak.

Best Doc Hammer episode of the season. But you have to wonder if he pulled from his personal life for that ending. Meaning he may have been Hank or Dean in that moment once in his life. He writes from his life, as all writers do, but is pretty fearless in telling how life really works in an animated comedy.
The show has organically morphed (Blue Morpho-ed) into a black comedy/ drama over the years in my opinion.

Trailer SPOILERS for the finale:
We know Hatred is shirtless next week and trying to visit Hank in the ICU.
Brock is also shirtless next week covered in blood and killing guys in the penthouse.
The weird ceremonial robes the Guild Council are dressed in... maybe inducting a new member? Could it be the Monarch perhaps? Something... something... b/c of the teleporters bumping his grade up and killing the Creeper this week too.

I assume Kimberly is going rogue next week, or that was the end of that entire storyline... at least for the season.

"Crap! After we eat the chicken statue, we need to eat this paper!" - Dr. Z
I wonder who ate the paper then?

"Brock.. say... ma-nip-u-late." - Doc Venture
Nice to see Brock be the joke for once.

"Oh my God, yes, obviously, kill him!" - Dr. Mrs.
I love when any character yells " obviously" at moron subordinates in animated cartoons. The trope happens very, very frequently.

This is a really beautifully animated episode. They pushed it (the animation) real good.

I believe this is only the third episode of the season where (any) characters (not in flashbacks or space) are shown to be off somewhere besides NYC. I really appreciate that. The show was feeling slightly claustrophobic being set only in NYC. I mean, I love it... but I like seeing other places as well.

The weather machine design is definitely from pop-culture. Not sure where I've seen it before.

The time machine dopplegangers: It is implied Rusty sank the Titanic, and verbally stated he lost a finger somewhere in time. And the way Billy is dressed reminds me of General Custard.

Hatred wears the helmet b/c he is scared of debris. Probably smart when living with the Venture clan. Could be foreshadowing that Brock dies of a head injury in the finale. However, it's probably just foreshadowing what happens to poor Hank.

Hank's heart and head gets broken this episode.

Billy is Team Venture. Go Team Billy!!!!

Brock staying behind... may be a conveniently need plot point b/c he fights guys in the penthouse next week. Thus, he really is holding down the fort and is not Scare Bear.

Good CG animation in this episode too.

Of course that book would be used. Hatred only reads pre-owned books. Maybe he's a book collector.

I'm gonna go watch the VB7 trailers again, see what I can dig up on the finale.
Sep. 29, 2018, 6:10am
  • by Captain V
Holy Shit. We haven't seen the yeti this season yet. Next week is going to be insane!
Sep. 29, 2018, 6:26am
  • by Captain V
Artbook S7 preview findings:

Rodney has a crazy Scare Bear like suit on in the artbook. Hank has a crazy costume on in the artbook. Almost looks like he's dressed as Lando from Star Wars. S464 is wearing a new costume and 21 is dressed fancy in the artbook. There is an ice cave in the artbook as well. Scare Bear's home? The Yeti's home?
Sep. 29, 2018, 6:39am
  • by Captain V
Oh, and Doc gets teleported to Meteor Majeure.
And the Yeti appears in the ice cave.
Sep. 29, 2018, 6:47am
  • by Captain V
Hank is definitely having a coma dream sequence next week.
Sep. 29, 2018, 7:09am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Julifpo unlocked One Year Later Apr. 24, 2024, 6:30pm
  • Julivvh unlocked One Year Later Apr. 24, 2024, 10:32am
  • Julieod unlocked One Year Later Apr. 24, 2024, 5:43am
  • Juliimc unlocked One Year Later Apr. 24, 2024, 4:18am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites