Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Cheb Ghobbi
  • (unregistered id: 8A956CCA4E)
I just realised one a second viewing that Hatred got his injection on 'Bring Your Son to Work Day'...was the kid he leapt at in his flashback Gen. Treister's son, the guy who ran Brock's exam from Mid-Life Chrysalis?
Jun. 10, 2013, 1:40pm
  • by Cheb Ghobbi
Plus, the kid had a Captain Sunshine shirt on. And Venturestein's flashback saw the two clone slugs that were destroyed in that episode get blown up.
Jun. 10, 2013, 1:42pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
Couldn't be- he was in the Guild when Treister's son was that age. Plus, he only started his medications after Brock quit.
Jun. 10, 2013, 3:46pm
Don't forget that in Viva Los Muertos one of the tanks shattered and a clone slug spilled out onto the floor, which Venturestein was sliding around on. Doc must of reanimated it as well. He needed all the bodies he could get seeing Brock wouldn't pull the plug on the other clones.
Jun. 10, 2013, 5:36pm
This was actually in reply to Cheb's comment.
Jun. 10, 2013, 5:37pm
  • by Cheb Ghobbi
  • (unregistered id: 94501AB128)
Yeah, Doc was counting the wasted slug among the corpses at the end.
Jun. 10, 2013, 6:59pm
  • by Cheb Ghobbi
The obvious implication was that the shot given in this flashback caused his 'dirty little weakness'...or at least the reduction in empathy it caused diminished his willpower to the point where he had no qualms about acting upon it. And where's your evidence that Treister's son was that age while Hatred was in the GCI? Hatred joined the Guild around the time the Venture Bros were born, at least officially.We've no timeframe that we can really place today's flashback in.
Jun. 10, 2013, 6:57pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
Valid points. It'll definitely come up again, so we'll see if we get a better idea of when it happened then.
Jun. 10, 2013, 8:25pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
Well, I should have checked the replay before making a call. It was a super-soldier shot, took place when everyone was much younger, and that was Treister's son. Totally changes everything then. The pedophilia seems to be a side effect of the shot, as somebody pointed out. My mistake.
Jun. 12, 2013, 12:30am
  • by Cheb G
Or, he was always that way inclined, but the shot made him lose his self-control...one of the effects on the chart we see is a substantial lowering of empathy. But I suspect what we were meant to think was what you've put above.
Jun. 13, 2013, 4:26pm
First, there is no evidence saying if Sgt. Hatred was in the Guild when Treister's son was that age. I think the timeline would work out for that being his son. In "The Invisible Hand of Fate", Hatred joins the Guild when Hank and Dean are babies. Treister's son is older than the boys, so he would be around the age he was in the flashback sometime before Hatred joined the Guild. Also, in the flashback, they were injecting him with something in a syringe labeled "Soldier-X". I'm guessing that was a performance enhancer that was supposed to make him into a super soldier or something like that, but it had a side effect of making him a pedophile. What you were thinking of was the "NOMOLESTOL" that the OSI gave him when he left the Guild and went back to the OSI in "Blood of the Father, Heart of Steel". It was also shown in "Self Medication". You can tell that the flashback was not after Brock quit, as you claimed, because Hatred didn't have his H tattoo on his face and Treister didn't have his eyepatch yet.

To summarize, I think that was Treister's son in the flashback.
Jun. 10, 2013, 8:57pm
  • by Cheb Ghobbi
I took a look at M-LC, and Treister's son has a downward pointing nose, whereas the kd's pointed upwards, which would suggest to me different characters...BUT their glasses had identical frames, thick and flat at the top with little or no frame at the rounded bottoms. So make of that what you will. About the character, I mean, not that I have too much time on my hands.
Jun. 11, 2013, 3:39am
Daddy go him a nose job. Or they just drew him different as a kid.
Jun. 13, 2013, 7:01pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Irinvhs unlocked One Year Later Apr. 26, 2024, 9:36am
  • Julifjy unlocked One Year Later Apr. 26, 2024, 8:52am
  • Julimwt unlocked One Year Later Apr. 25, 2024, 8:57pm
  • Julifpv unlocked One Year Later Apr. 25, 2024, 6:28pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites