Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Jake
  • (unregistered id: 11F6C5E8B0)
Whelp, i'm using my real name this time around, and i'm happy for both the shows return and such a great episode. Hopefully dean's love interest will return again (Wish I could remember her name) as she seems like the sorta anncilary character jackson and doc might discard (While they use minor characters beauitfully for the most part, some like Kim tend to get discarded if they can't do anything else with them). I also love billy getting an arch nemesis, Gary working for... well what's left of spynx anyway, and an overall amazing start to the season
Jun. 3, 2013, 2:11am
SPHYNX!
Jun. 3, 2013, 4:01am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
Well, she's voiced by Kate McKinnon, so there's a good chance. Speaking of, hope we get more Nikki. It's great to see Hank having a relationship, even if she's got a weird Venture fetish.
Jun. 3, 2013, 4:04am
I like how Hank does not remember--then there was that reference in the end to his watch to Dean. Nikki remembers as does her mom!

This is looking like a REALLY good season.
Jun. 3, 2013, 4:08am
  • by Jake
I watched it again. It's Talia. But yeah that's a good point. And now the boys are getting even further apart, Dean could use a supporting character of his own.
Jun. 3, 2013, 10:43am
  • by Bonzo the Fifth
Indeed. I know the show is about failure and all that, but you can see Hank starting to break out of that cycle in the last couple of seasons. With this episode particularly, Dean is walking a similar but separate path. As the character who has likely been shat upon more than any other core character, I'd say its time to let him win one for a change and actually get the girl, so to speak. It certainly seems like she was tailored by Jackson and Doc as a near perfect complement to Dean, it'd be a shame to waste the potential on just one episode. Though given that this happens over several months, with several eps occurring in the meantime, it'll likely be at least halfway through the season before we know anything that happened AFTER this episode.
Jun. 3, 2013, 4:12pm
Yeah, but she's TOO perfect. She just comes to him and immediately makes those sexy eyes and then a few days later they're telling each other about their mutations... It's so easy. Where's the challenge? Do you really think Doc & Jackson are going to give Dean such an easy win just because he arguably deserves it? When for the past 4 seasons they had the ongoing "romance" between him and Triana and even that didn't lead anywhere?

No, I would rather suspect the return of Triana some time in the future, when Dean's more mature, or a new girl. This one was just a one-time character, to torment Dean with him being so close and then losing it, and then losing most memories about it.
Jun. 3, 2013, 6:12pm
  • by Bagel
  • (unregistered id: 1AA745035A)
It was at least a few weeks later. They met in early fall, but their talk in the house didn't happen until after Halloween. Considering she was working and living in part of Dean's backyard, that's plenty of time to get to know each other.
Jun. 3, 2013, 9:23pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
I wonder what Dean's line in the Halloween special about how he should have never trusted her was about then. Mysteries abound ...
Jun. 4, 2013, 10:02pm
  • by Bill
  • (unregistered id: 33CBEB0483)
"[S]he's TOO perfect. She just comes to him and immediately makes those sexy eyes . . . ."

Agreed. I'm not sure we won't see more of her, though. Her name is Talia. I can't believe that's a mere coincidence. I look for some sort of revelation about her family history
Jun. 4, 2013, 12:31am
When I saw her in her first scene, I thought: "she's not gonna stick; she's totally gonna be either a villain in disguise, or like, a mentally retarded person or something, some kind of Arrested Development-like thing". Turned out to become a mutant, so I was kind of right. I doubt she'll show up again and hope she won't, not a very great character.
Jun. 3, 2013, 12:08pm
  • by beb
  • (unregistered id: E931CDA98D)
Her name is Thalia. And it looks like she has a boyfriend already. I was hopinh for something a little more permanent for Dean but that's seems not to be.
Jun. 3, 2013, 2:14pm
  • by Jake
Really I didn't feel she was all bad, just underdeveloped. there is something there between her and dean, he did tell her a rather huge secret from the looks of it. Hopefully it goes somewhere, but I'm doubting it will.
Jun. 3, 2013, 4:01pm
  • by Bonzo the Fifth
I can see underdeveloped (hard to avoid given how much else was packed in here). It would be interesting if we saw more tidbits over the course of the next several episodes that might flesh her out more. But her look and general attitude did seem like a good relative match for Dean, so maybe they'll go down this path a bit. Or not. Either way, I trust Jackson and Doc to make the right decision. :-)
Jun. 3, 2013, 4:16pm
  • by Pete
  • (unregistered id: 272FCB6319)
The best part of the whole Thalia-Dean thing was when they first met on campus, Dean got hit by the Disc, then had that "hallucination" of sorts about a relationship with Thalia, and throughout the dream he kept having his genitals touched through his pants. Hilarious, understated animation.
Jun. 8, 2013, 10:44am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Vilianakzy unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 7:04am
  • Irinypn unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 4:18am
  • Vilianafdc unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 1:56am
  • Irinrza unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 12:20am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites