Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

Bonus: The mechanical monarchs (they were tiny robots right?) that administered the anti-mutation treatment probably also got Dean, which would cure the clone mutations The Master mentioned in "The Better Man" (if those really existed, which I'm betting they did). Poor Hank didn't get the same treatment; his children will be horribly disfigured.
Jun. 3, 2013, 1:33am
I don't think it works that way. Two different sources of mutations... And also I think the Master was exaggerating.
Jun. 3, 2013, 12:00pm
I agree to disagree on how the anti-mutation works. Gene errors/changes occur extremely often and are later corrected before expression (almost all of the time). The cause of the sequence change should not have any affect on the correction procedure. Although in the real world, previous expression would not disappear along with the changes in DNA, THAT is something that only super-science can achieve! And super-science is the only thing that could cause consistent physiological mutations caused by radiation.

I'm not sure if The Master was exaggerating or not, either way Dean should be clean now!
Jun. 3, 2013, 3:15pm
Well, that is why I was thinking it can't be the same thing. If Dean had messed up genetic code from all the cloning, that's one thing, but you can't just change someone's DNA and expect that a new pair of hands will grow overnight. As you say, it's "super-science", so I think it's distinct from the cloning errors.

Man, now that's a dorky discussion we're having.
Jun. 3, 2013, 3:47pm
  • by beb
  • (unregistered id: E931CDA98D)
It's fair to say that "The Master" is the prince of liars. After all Hank and Dean have been only cloned once yet The Master says Dean has been clones lots of times. He's just lying to force Triana into becoming a witch.
Jun. 3, 2013, 5:27pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
Yeah, it's more for the effect than the actual truth. They've been clone many times, but from the source material, not from cloned material.
Jun. 3, 2013, 5:59pm
Agreed. However we don't really know how clone slugs work. We know from "Perchance to Dean" that the same DNA does not mean expression of the DNA is always working correctly. While in clone-slug-form they may be more susceptible to mutagens, hydrolysis, errors, recombination, etc. And, if true, would explain why older clones are a 'gene septic tank'.
Jun. 3, 2013, 7:57pm
  • by beb
  • (unregistered id: E931CDA98D)
No. They were cloned once and multiple copies were made. They were never cloned a second (or third time). When one pair died another set was decanted but it was an exactly double of the first. And Dean's DNA can't be screwed up because his father would have noticed during the cloning and corrected that.
Jun. 3, 2013, 10:37pm
PLUS Ben mentioned in the Halloween special that Dean is 100% normal and healthy, aside from I think a possible future eye problem. He's a miracle according to Ben.
Jun. 4, 2013, 4:48pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
He missed the testicular torsion though. Still, all the cloning was done at the same time, so you're right that he would have noticed any major genetic flaws in all the clones.
Jun. 4, 2013, 9:52pm
  • by beb
  • (unregistered id: A678E20E7F)
Remember Rusty saying he could (or should) have fixed that in the prototype?
Jun. 11, 2013, 10:54am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Irinhsx unlocked One Year Later Apr. 26, 2024, 4:32pm
  • Irinvhs unlocked One Year Later Apr. 26, 2024, 9:36am
  • Julifjy unlocked One Year Later Apr. 26, 2024, 8:52am
  • Julimwt unlocked One Year Later Apr. 25, 2024, 8:57pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites