Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Mike
  • (unregistered id: D548A83739)
Nothing major, but Sgt. Hatred was absent. Think it means anything?
Dec. 7, 2009, 7:03am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
  • (unregistered id: 66C758498E)
I doubt it. But it was noticable, wasn't it? Testament to how integral he's gotten, isn't it?
Dec. 7, 2009, 7:05am
  • by Witchy Bee
  • (unregistered id: 2807E948C2)
I thought it was interesting how, right after the episode where they put him in a bag he just disappears. I don't think there's been an episode this season without him in it. Suspicious?

Overall though, the episode made me smile. Well done.
Dec. 7, 2009, 7:24am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
Maybe he's drying out in rehab with Dr. Drew.
Dec. 7, 2009, 7:27am
  • by Witchy Bee
  • (unregistered id: 2807E948C2)
It's possible...

Ah, questions, questions, so many questions! What are we to do?

I wonder if they would just remove Hatred so quietly like that, I guess than it would be fitting with his entrance. After all, he did kind of just fall into the role out of nowhere, and he never was that good at it either. But I'm getting ahead of myself. I suppose we'll just have to wait for next week.
Dec. 7, 2009, 7:37am
  • by Hardy
  • (unregistered id: FFF530337A)
Ha! The Hatred-haters miss him as soon as he's gone. He IS "Great!"

Not saying you guys are the Hatred-haters...but they're here. I sense them.
Dec. 7, 2009, 3:36pm
  • by Kub
  • (unregistered id: 6B0AB7FFE0)
ya, I highly doubt the guy is gone. The OSI requires a bodyguard for the Venture family. If Hatred is gone then they have to have someone else in there, and if thats the case then they didnt make a big deal out of it. But people are absent from episodes all the time. Hell, even rusty was barely in this one.
Dec. 7, 2009, 5:15pm
Does the OSI really require a bodyguard for the Ventures? The OSI wasn't even returning Hatred's calls any more. With the ORB a dud and Jonas' inventions 20 years out of date, what's left to guard?
Dec. 7, 2009, 10:41pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
Rusty.
Dec. 7, 2009, 11:19pm
  • by Hardy
Bodyguard is still needed to guard Rusty. As long as he has an arch-enemy, an OSI guard is required.
Dec. 8, 2009, 12:16am
Try telling that to Dr. Dugong. Only you can't. Because he's dead. BEcause even though he had a Guild assigned arch enemy, he had no OSI bodyguard (or a really lousy one). The Order of the Triad's gotten no OSI assistance with their GCI arch either. And despite Dr. Quym being in the Guild's facebook, her bodyguard didn't seem to treat Brock as a coworker.

The OSI's official stance seems to be that they're not fighting the Guild. Cardholder & Doe were pretty cagey about why they showed up to help JJ with the Monarch.

If Dr. Dugong
Dec. 8, 2009, 5:41am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
  • (unregistered id: A0A3970E56)
Rusty's a special case. His dad was Jonas Venture Sr.
Dec. 8, 2009, 7:27am
  • by Hardy
Last time I checked....none of those examples are Rusty Venture.
Dec. 8, 2009, 4:21pm
  • by Creepy Crooner
  • (unregistered id: C0BBF56792)
I kind of agree. I was thinking, back in the Revenge Society, that Operation Rusty's Blanket is no longer actually needed. It was implied that the Venture bodyguards (throughout history) are really just there as a fail-safe against the ORB ever being used. Now that the ORB is out of the picture (unless someone rebuilds it, I guess) the bodyguard seems extranious.
Of course, this is all just speculation.
Dec. 8, 2009, 12:00am
  • by henchman 11
  • (unregistered id: 5E69D79D8F)
Operation Rusty's Blanket was an OSI operation.
The ORB was destroyed by and only in the presence of the Guild of Calamitous Intent.
One could speculate that OSI has no idea it's gone.
I could see Rusty not telling them. Then he doesn't have to deal with Hank and Dean so much.
Also, was Rusty ever even aware of Op Rusty's Blank? I don't think so. So he wouldn't tell OSI. OSI would have to find out for itself. From it's inside man the bodyguard, and I don't think Brock or Sgt. Hatred would tell them because Brock hates OSI and Hatred doesn't have anywhere else to go.
Dec. 9, 2009, 10:59pm
  • by Jory
  • (unregistered id: 253E4B0099)
Huh. I barely thought about the fact that he was missing...

EXCEPT for a shot in the mall when Dean was about to approach the blonde-haired girl, I thought I saw him stalking behind some trees. I guess it wasn't him.

Anyway, I hope him getting darted last episode wasn't actually his final appearance or something, that would blow.
Dec. 7, 2009, 7:20am
  • by Mike
  • (unregistered id: D548A83739)
I doubt it was, but it felt very much like a 'rock bottom' moment
Dec. 7, 2009, 7:32am
  • by Nick
  • (unregistered id: B6B670573B)
It probably was a guy that looked exactly like him but not him. They often reuse characters when they do public shots. It's cheaper and easier. So it may have been him, but not really him.
Dec. 7, 2009, 10:41am
  • by Greg
  • (unregistered id: 35F2756E3B)
Yeah, pretty sure I saw the speedsuit girl from Hate Floats in the crowd too...
Dec. 15, 2009, 5:38am
  • by JOK
  • (unregistered id: 49D1029675)
It's a toss up. It might mean something - it might not. On one hand, Hatred didn't really have much to do with this plot since it was centered around Dean and Triana and has been going on since the beginning of the show whereas he's relatively new. (But it would have been funny to see him giving Dean relationship advice.) Even Doc had a very little role to play, seeing as he was "resting his eyes" for most of the episode. Overall, it wasn't an episode about the adults (excluding the Triad).

However, Hank and Dean were talking about their news sedentary life. The last time we saw Hatred his duties as bodyguard were being fulfilled by him taking Hank and Dean to the movies. Maybe him being gone this episode is showing that he's becoming obsolete with the Ventures' transition into normalcy. But maybe Brock things wills start to flare up again next week when Brock comes back and we'll get a showdown between them or something.
Dec. 7, 2009, 8:29am
  • by Creepy Crooner
  • (unregistered id: C0BBF56792)
I noticed that Doc only had a short appearance as well.
Dec. 7, 2009, 7:48pm
  • by Chris Thompson
  • (unregistered id: D6E3D83D37)
"Nothing major, but Sgt. Hatred was absent. Think it means anything?"

...There is a God?
Dec. 8, 2009, 12:30am
  • by Doctor X
  • (unregistered id: 5FDDC40EDA)
Win.
Dec. 9, 2009, 10:22am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Irinvhs unlocked One Year Later Apr. 26, 2024, 9:36am
  • Julifjy unlocked One Year Later Apr. 26, 2024, 8:52am
  • Julimwt unlocked One Year Later Apr. 25, 2024, 8:57pm
  • Julifpv unlocked One Year Later Apr. 25, 2024, 6:28pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites