Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Henchman 11
  • (unregistered id: 5E69D79D8F)
I'm enjoying the season.
I really liked the Rusty plot. I liked the Hank & Dean and the Monarch's henchmen plot.....it just would have been better without Sgt. Pedophile (which is what they should just change his name to).
I liked him as Hatred when he was a villian and screwing the Monarch over by being a 'nice' villian to Rusty. Thats a great joke. I liked his comment that episode about how Dean and Hank can't be within 50 yards of him or whatever due to a court order.
But the pedophilia (or strain to restrain it) has become a knock-knock joke told over and over by your 4yr old nephew.....tired.
Capt. Sunshine? Now the subltly there was what made the pedo jokes funny (put this lube on your buttocks and inner thighs. You'll be grateful in the moring.). The fact that it turned out he WASN'T a pedo made it even MORE funny. THAT'S how do it. Great job Doc and Jackson.
But Hatred? It's just not funny anymore. And watching him squirm trying to 'resist urges' isn't funny either. Or character development. (Who really wants to see 'character development' in a cartoon anyway? This isn't 'classic literature'. I want to see the characters doing what makes them funny and appealing in the first place......and before anyone says, "then it gets stale and isn't entertaining" I'd like to point out that character development can lead to un-entertainment as well.)
Anyway, to end on a high note, I really liked self-medication and the 'boy adventurer support group'.

P.S. Anyone think it was sorta ominious that the Hale bros were dressed VERY similar to Hank and Dean and that they hated their rich father and killed him? Especially the one that looked like Hank (who has been being emotionally abused by Rusty all season and filled with resentment)?
Nov. 25, 2009, 10:25pm
  • by Creepy Crooner
  • (unregistered id: C0BBF56792)
"Who really wants to see 'character development' in a cartoon anyway? This isn't 'classic literature'. I want to see the characters doing what makes them funny and appealing in the first place"

Really? You are watching the wrong show.
Nov. 25, 2009, 10:28pm
  • by Henchmen 11
Ok, Mr. I am the Supreme Venture Bros. Fan and all must agree with me.
I've been watching this show from the begining.
all the characters have stayed the same for the first 3 seasons. Now suddenly its all about them 'growing'.
Now go on and rant about how I'm inferior to your 'supreme intelligence' and how you get the show like nobody else and how important you are. We can never hear that enough and if you say it enough, I'm sure it will come true and everyone will respect you here unlike in your real life with people who really know you.
Nov. 25, 2009, 11:09pm
  • by Creepy Crooner
Actually there are plenty of fans that get the show. Just read through the comments above - there is a lot of great stuff posted by people other than me. You are not inferior, I'm not particularly important and this whole thing has nothing to do with intelligence. I'm not sure why some of you take all of this so personally, honestly.
I will say, and I hope someone backs me up on this, that "all the characters" have certainly not "stayed the same" over the course of the first three seasons. I mean, did you actually watch season 3? The fact that the show remains hilarious while also staying true to its complicated mythology and allowing its characters to develop is precisely the reason that most of us love it.
Nov. 25, 2009, 11:21pm
  • by Doncocor
  • (unregistered id: 0FC12EEDE4)
I am with you, Crooner.

The characters have been growing from since season 2 only slower than they are growing now. Man, this whole thing has gotten out of hand. People are getting all angry. =__=
Nov. 26, 2009, 2:45am
  • by henchman 11
"I will say, and I hope someone backs me up on this, that "all the characters" have certainly not "stayed the same" over the course of the first three seasons."
Yes, I did and do watch the show from the beginning.
Lets take a look: at the end of the 3rd season had Rusty overcome all (or any) of his issues and become a super-scientist? No. Still a neurotic failure.
Had Brock found his sensitive side and mellowed? Nope, still a psychotic killing machine, just for Sphynx now.
Has the Monarch gotten over his hatred of Rusty? Nope, still hating, if not more.
Did Dean become a courageous and brilliant? Nope, still the crying boy adventurer.
Did Hank become a wuss? Nope, still the 'brock-wanabee' stickin' it to his brother Dean.
What about Dr. Orpheus? Still the 'has-been'-ish magician that seems lost in 'reality'.
I stand by my statement that they did NOT 'develop' the characters but rather stayed within the set-up with which they were given to us. (witht he exception of after Dr. Killinger's nightime 'brain-washing' where Dean became a little tougher and Hank a little weaker for just, what, one or two instances? They have since reverted to form.
Doc and Jackson want to flesh out the characters background, maybe show us the 'how' and 'why' a character became what they are? Fine. I'm really down for that. It's been hilarious whenever they've done it.
But to 'develop' (i.e. change) what the character is, well......that doesn't seem to be necessary to me. Not for a cartoon show.
Sorry if it offends you that I don't take my little cartoon show for my entertainment as serious as the 'real' fans think I should. :)
Dec. 1, 2009, 4:07pm
  • by Creepy Crooner
No one is questioning your fandom, dude. Everyone is entitled to like the show for whatever reason they deem worthy. You clearly don't understand what character development is but if it's not getting in the way of you enjoying the show - no worries! =)
Dec. 2, 2009, 8:36pm
  • by GilbertSmith
  • (unregistered id: 480A18BFE2)
If you want them to stay the same, you are watching the wrong show. There's been growth from the beginning, but it's been subtle. If you want Jack and Doc to be worthless hacks, crapping out the same dull crap year after year, just play season 1 on repeat, and let the rest of us enjoy the growth and development of Venture Brothers into something even better.
Nov. 27, 2009, 5:58pm
  • by GilbertSmith
  • (unregistered id: 480A18BFE2)
If you want them to stay the same, you are watching the wrong show. There's been growth from the beginning, but it's been subtle. If you want Jack and Doc to be worthless hacks, crapping out the same dull crap year after year, just play season 1 on repeat, and let the rest of us enjoy the growth and development of Venture Brothers into something even better.
Nov. 27, 2009, 5:58pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Vilianadhg unlocked One Year Later Apr. 28, 2024, 3:07am
  • Irinyki unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 11:44pm
  • Vilianakzy unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 7:04am
  • Irinypn unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 4:18am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites