Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Doncocor
  • (unregistered id: 0FC12EEDE4)
I keep reading about how this season isn't as good as the previous and I can't understand why you guys are saying that. I mean, this season is way better than
season 3 and the boys have been in every episode. There's been lots of funny
moments and the season contains more funny episodes than season 3. I know
that it's going to be hard to top season 1 and 2 but this one is still good and again,
better than the third one in my opinion.

Anyway, I just had to get this out of my chest.
Nov. 23, 2009, 5:48pm
  • by Jory
  • (unregistered id: 253E4B0099)
AGREED
Nov. 23, 2009, 5:53pm
  • by Creepy Crooner
  • (unregistered id: C0BBF56792)
I also agree. This season has been arguably the best season thus far. The people who complain about this season are the ones that can't seem to get past the fact that Brock hasn't been around and therefore are annoyed by the (hilarious) presence of Hatred. The fact that some of these people can't get past this and take in all the wonderful comedy is a shame.
Nov. 23, 2009, 6:52pm
  • by Doncocor
  • (unregistered id: F4CA83B8BD)
I think you hit the nail right on the head. Beautiful.
Nov. 23, 2009, 9:53pm
  • by Roscoe
  • (unregistered id: 3575AEFCB1)
It's not that we hate the hatred, that it hasn't been funny, or even that we are so 'Brock obsessed' that we don't like the show without him.
It's that the season seems stale. There's been no variety. It's been primarily "Compound Humor" and hatred's struggle with pedophelia. It's just gotten bland. As I mentioned above, even if we could get some different familliar faces back into the fray, it would help. But it's all Doc, Boys, Hatred, and Monarch over and over.
Don't get me wrong, that's "Core Stuff" and it's my favorite; but We've had no Molatov, no brock, no triana, no Triad, no O.S.I. no origonal Team Venture, and only very brief shots of Billy thrown in. Not even H.E.L.P.e.R. has been seen since ep. 1
Maybe that's all we've missing; Soulbot.
Nov. 24, 2009, 5:05am
  • by Creepy Crooner
  • (unregistered id: C0BBF56792)
I personally find the developments this season to be the opposite of stale. If anything, everything was getting a little stale in season 3 (not in a bad way though, as this was a calculated part of the plot and character development) which is why Brock quit on the Ventures in the first place (more or less). Getting rid of the clones and Brock (at least within the family dynamic) has allowed the boys, along with Doc and Hatred, to really grow as characters. The relationships between Doc and the boys and the boys and their bodyguard have finally broken out of the original humorous trappings of the shows initial set up!
So far this season, we have been treated to, as you said, "core stuff" but all given decidedly new spins and because of this, and the comedy that comes from it, side characters have not been needed to fall back on.
Also, amidst the "compound humor" we have been introduced to hilarious characters like Captain Sunshine, the superhero news team, Scorpio, all the washed-up boy adventurers, two of the Guild councilmen, the deranged Dean clone, Hitler the dog, etc.
Jackson had stated that this season they wanted to get back to basics and thus we haven't seen the mythology and side-character heavy "flashback" episodes that dominated season 3. Personally, while I enjoyed season 3 very much, I do believe that so far, season 4 is a brilliant return to form for the show.
Nov. 24, 2009, 7:46pm
  • by mogo
  • (unregistered id: 476118F7D2)
I once again agree, while the thrid season had plenty of good stuff, every episode this years been golds. There's only been what 2 flashbacks and both were well used. and the charicters have grown signifigantly, with rusty realizing that his father may of screwed him up but he turned out alright. it just took boy adventures way worse off than him to realize it.
Nov. 24, 2009, 1:20am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Irinrje unlocked One Year Later Apr. 28, 2024, 6:27am
  • Vilianadhg unlocked One Year Later Apr. 28, 2024, 3:07am
  • Irinyki unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 11:44pm
  • Vilianakzy unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 7:04am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites