Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Roscoe.
  • (unregistered id: 3575AEFCB1)
Wow, So much good in this episode, Mixed with so much......how to put it....Not-great.
Allright already, We Get it ! -PEDOPHILIA- That is one joke that has LONG since run it's corse for me. Call me crazy, but the raping of children isn't funny to begin with, and when it's in our faces in every episode, it gets more than a little tiring.
On the other hand, the Rusty plot was AMAZING! I love the idea of a support group for boy adventurers, hillarious! and the Scary-o-nette, brilliant, with an even more brilliant name. The batman style barfight was really great too. That said though, this episode just didn't click for me. I just realized i only laughed once the entire time; Last week I was cracking up.....so that's a let down.
Well anyway, Enough of my bitching. I really hope the next two episodes end our little half-season on a high note. Maybe with some Triad, Brock, Triana, or Molatov to mix things up a little. It seams like the season is a little flat and one-note, so to speak.
Nov. 23, 2009, 7:52am
  • by Johnny Israel
  • (unregistered id: B6FA8C095B)
You know, I'm usually out here defending Hatred, because I've liked seeing him grow. I can laugh at the pedo jokes, and usually do. I liked seeing him grow as a character, but I just found myself annoyed with him this episode. Maybe I was very immersed in Rusty's plot and felt the Hatred side plot was a stupid distraction from it, I don't know...while I loved certain aspects from this episode, it all together didn't do it for me. I'm hoping for the end of Hatred, the Return of Brock, and I too would like some Triad or Triana action. Also more on what the hell is going on with 24 is of interest to me as well.
Nov. 23, 2009, 7:56am
  • by RW
  • (unregistered id: EC8A279768)
I'm with you guys on this episode. I loved Rusty's plot and hope Hatred runs his course soon and hopefully takes that trip to Thailand never to be heard from again..except probably once in season 5. Especially now, with the boys takin care of themselves for the most part, just drop the bodyguard altogether if the only way to develop his character is by making him sweat and scream about his pedo urges. And when are Dr. O and Brock going to return? I've seen the rumors on here about Orpheus in ep. 8, but has Patrick Warburton left [as] altogether?
Anyways. I can't wait to see how the rest of the season unfolds
Nov. 23, 2009, 9:50am
  • by Creepy Crooner
  • (unregistered id: C0BBF56792)
Don't worry. In his blog, Joackson clearly stated that Brock's absence from the majority of episodes in season 4.1 has nothing to do with Patrick Warburton and everything to do with the writing of the show. There is a chance he'll be back in the final ep of the half-season as Jackson only commented that he would be back but not next week or the week after that (this was written last week, of course).
Nov. 23, 2009, 6:49pm
  • by Mike
  • (unregistered id: 1810A2A1DF)
Actually I think he said that before Revenge Society aired so in theory Brock will be in the next episode
Nov. 23, 2009, 7:01pm
  • by Creepy Crooner
  • (unregistered id: C0BBF56792)
Ah, yes, perhaps. At any rate, Brock will be back and all the season 4 nae-sayers can be placated.
Nov. 23, 2009, 8:24pm
  • by dk archer
  • (unregistered id: 4A4135A305)
I'm apparently a minority in finding Hatred a likable character. His pedophilia is not so much a running gag as it is a severe character flaw that seems in keeping with the Venture theme and universe, and unlike most characters in the series he is actually attempting to improve himself and keep himself in check. And even if you can fnd no appreciation for him except strained comic relief, his replacing Brock has allowed for a lot of character development in the boys. Brock treated them like children. Hatred at least offers them opportunities for growth.
Nov. 24, 2009, 12:27am
  • by mogo
  • (unregistered id: 476118F7D2)
I agree. as you saw, if this was the same hatred that "took advantage" of the boys just a few years ago, he wouldn't of locked himself up. He had every oprtunity for a relapse and didn't, he instead got himself away. But his solution was horrible but he was just trying to help. I do not like child molestastion but at least hatred's trying to be a good person.
Nov. 24, 2009, 1:19am
  • by Heat Death
  • (unregistered id: 3193F00412)
"never to be heard from again..except probably once in season 5"

You do know that Season 4 is the final season, right?
Dec. 2, 2009, 6:55pm
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
  • (unregistered id: 66C758498E)
That hasn't been decided yet.
Dec. 3, 2009, 12:39am
  • by Hatred Hater
  • (unregistered id: 77139AE493)
Although I have gradually taken a liking to Sgt H, I Agree as well
ENOUGH with the PEDOPHILIA !!!!!
Nov. 23, 2009, 10:03pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Irinyki unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 11:44pm
  • Vilianakzy unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 7:04am
  • Irinypn unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 4:18am
  • Vilianafdc unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 1:56am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites