Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Creepy Crooner
  • (unregistered id: 298DE469DD)
So far no one has actually talked about Handsome Ransom - which was a dandy of an episode and a real return (as Jackson said it would be) to "classic" Venture Bros. I love all the backstory and mythology prevalent in Season 3 but VB is at its best when its stripped down a bit and focusing on being a comedy show. That said, they still managed to throw in continuity and bits of mythology (the aforementioned Gargantua 2 ref. and Captain Sunshine's vendetta in general).
I don't really know why everyone hates on the Bud Manstrong episodes - Careers in Science is pretty dry when compared to almost any other VB ep but definitely has its moments and Guess Who's Coming to State Dinner is totally hilarious and way underrated (in my opinion). Also, why does everybody hate the Moppets? They're hilarious! Sure, they're creepy but that's so obviously the point. Venture Brothers is brimming with deplorable characters and it boggles my mind that in certain contexts this fact bothers people.
Oct. 26, 2009, 10:16pm
So I come out and say that the Manstrong eps are my least favorite, and now I hate them? So for everyone who keeps putting words in my mouth, allow me to explain---AGAIN!!

I do NOT hate CIS or GWCTSD. It's just that when I got mid-life chrysalis and ghosts of the Sargasso on the same disk as the former, and IKWTCBK or SACC1 and 2 on the same disk as the latter, can you blame me for skipping over those episodes?

Anyone who says they don't is a liar! A dirty rotten liar!!
Oct. 27, 2009, 12:02am
  • by The Mysterious 'H'
  • (unregistered id: 6D34F80146)
Then I'm a dirty rotten liar. I might not put them in my top ten but they're solid and worth a watch for me when I'm VB DVDing.

(Disclaimer: I am not actually a dirty rotten liar.)
Oct. 27, 2009, 4:16am
  • by Doctor X
  • (unregistered id: A87B9D4923)
This was an awesome episode! Great they got "Batman" to do the voice of Captain Sunshine. Very well written, great gags . . . everything! Also get to see a truly evil The Monarch!

I loved Careers in Science. Guess Who's Coming tried too hard . . . just did not work.

--J.D.
Oct. 27, 2009, 12:46pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Vikifwl unlocked One Year Later Apr. 30, 2024, 7:51am
  • Vikikto unlocked One Year Later Apr. 30, 2024, 2:34am
  • Vilianapup unlocked One Year Later Apr. 29, 2024, 10:41pm
  • Vikivrz unlocked One Year Later Apr. 29, 2024, 5:13pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites