Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Grethiwha
  • (unregistered id: E22C4F2CF3)
(Arrgh Mantiseye I wrote this fucking long post and lost it because of the "Flagged potential spammer" message I keep encountering for no apparent reason. Rewriting from memory now...)

Okay. I love this episode. It took me a few views, but finally, I love it. First of all, the music is excellent and stands out from previous seasons for me. The scene where Sgt. Hatred makes Hank shoot him is fantastic, and in large part due to the music. And the ending when Hank meets Brock is beautiful.

I wasn't sure at first about the direction this season was going in. From some of the scenes in the Season 4 preview, out of context, to me it seemed like they were just going completely crazy with the plot, and watching this episode for the first time backed that up, because, the way it's set up, the whole episode is still out of context until the end.

But after a second viewing, the plot makes sense to me, and I really really like where they're going with it.

Also, for, I think, the first time ever, I actually connected emotionally with Hank. Crazy! Now that they don't have the clones safety net, and they're actually growing up and maturing a bit, the Venture brothers are actually starting to become an interesting part of the Venture Bros. again.

Anyway. Beautiful episode. It's easily the craziest, most convoluted episode ever I'd say, and it took a couple views for me to really get it, but still, great episode. Can not wait for next week.
Oct. 23, 2009, 2:46am
  • by Doctor X
  • (unregistered id: 06E4B87FEE)
If you have Firefox, get Lazarus add-on. It will preserve posts so you can recover them even after a crash.

From the commentary in Season III, Doc and J imply they try to leave a lot of things open to allow room writing. They also write out of order which allows them to foreshadow things. That given, this episode really brought a lot of things together. The boys are aging as they should. Okay . . . Dean is still kind of repressed, but give him time.

Sgt Hatred leaving OSI then coming back makes sense. I never understood Hunter leaving OSI for the reason given to Brock. Granted, much of Hunter is in Brock's memory, so maybe he embellished him, but . . . still . . . run away from the job? Then returns as a "Blackheart?" The idea of him doing this undercover makes more sense.

Also, Brock's "real" mission was the ORB--keep Rusty from [CENSORED--Ed.] the world with it. Once it was clear Rusty would not activate it . . . Brock's mission was over in a sense. So Hunter could use him as part of his plot. The "termination" did not make as much sense to me--though I think it was a fun joke on Doc and J's part--sort of like hitting the wrong key sequence--that they then expanded.

Anyways, the fact they do not answer too much gives fans the ability to speculate!

--J.D.
Oct. 23, 2009, 4:32am
  • by Greg
  • (unregistered id: 35F2756E3B)
What is that background music when Hank shoots Sgt. Hatred? It seems really familiar.
Oct. 24, 2009, 9:40pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Irinrje unlocked One Year Later Apr. 28, 2024, 6:27am
  • Vilianadhg unlocked One Year Later Apr. 28, 2024, 3:07am
  • Irinyki unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 11:44pm
  • Vilianakzy unlocked One Year Later Apr. 27, 2024, 7:04am

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites