Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Joe
  • (unregistered id: 93E82EB5EA)
Gentlemen, that RULED!
The writing was fantastic, the one-liners were priceless, the cliches were spot-on.

Poor Scott. I was really rooting for him too. Ah well. Maybe he's still alive?

And The Monarch! What a genius! Shockingly brilliant yet simple plan.

When he asked Dr. Girlfriend (who seems to have shucked off her Dr. Mrs. The Monarch persona for some reason) if she trusted him, I thought I was going to die laughing when she hesistated, clearly thinking "Not really" and then finally hedged her answer just a little.
Aug. 2, 2008, 2:31am
  • by cgeye
  • (unregistered id: 06CD52E709)
Ironically, with her DG persona she's clearly second in command; as DMTM, she herself set herself up as a less-effective sexpot. She doesn't need the cleavage and the wings to prove her helpmeet worth. Besides, the DG costume matches the cocoon, so why reject what works?

And after all the accidental kills, shouldn't she demand that he regain her trust by fully carrying out a bold and cunning plan?

Which he did. Against the big-brained JJ Venture, the lepidopterist goods and Fucking Brock Samson his own self. Not too shabby, if I say so myself....
Aug. 2, 2008, 3:19am
  • by Tess
  • (unregistered id: 4E429DF010)
That's how true and deep his hate is. That is how much he wants to go sick house on Dr. Thaddeus Venture! He will totally put a lot of work into something, just so he can do that.

That's how much he loves arching Rusty.
Aug. 2, 2008, 9:17pm
  • by Creepy Crooner
  • (unregistered id: 8F73EA59C9)
Yea I was kinda wondering about Sheila's costume change too. It's nice to see her in her classic outfit but I have to wonder whether it was a conscious change or just a way to make animation easier.
A lot of these kind of situations are often pondered as plot-specific but turn out to just be animation short-cuts (such as the dream version of Triana appearing in the wedding madness in Cremation Creek)
Aug. 4, 2008, 10:35pm
  • by Phil
  • (unregistered id: 4453D1431A)
Being as she didn't do much other than...sit down...I'd say it wasn't to make animation easier. :-) Triana slipped through because it was just a second long. This is the whole episode. Also, in Sea Cow, she started off in her new outfit and eventually changed to the classic one when it was time to take action. I think it's pretty clearly deliberate...she may be reverting back to her classic role in more ways than one.
Aug. 4, 2008, 11:19pm
  • by Creepy Crooner
Yea. I'm sure all will become clear in the last few remaining episodes. My only reason for pondering the costume change was because I don't think we've actually ever seen Sheila in her throne in any costume other than the classic Dr. G get up.
Aug. 5, 2008, 2:21am
  • by Phil
  • (unregistered id: D3DAE242D1)
You're right, I think. The ending of Sea Cow made me think of her classic uniform as her "serious" uniform. She can wear the new one when she's playing around, having fun, arching for entertainment...but when it's time to really bust heads, she's the pink pillbox all the way.

One thing's for sure, they're keeping us guessing...even about things as silly as costume changes. :-)
Aug. 5, 2008, 3:33am
  • by Creepy Crooner
Indeed! I seriously cannot wait to see how they wrap all this stuff up! Although there will probably be questions left unanswered even at season's end.
Aug. 5, 2008, 3:57am
  • by Josh Geller
  • (unregistered id: 241A32BF89)
When you get punched in the forehead by someone who can throw a punch, you see the fist coming once. Then you don't see anything.

But Brock was suspending him in the air: that blow kills by snapping the head back, not by crushing the skull. So it is possible, though not likely, that Scott is still alive.

Aug. 2, 2008, 9:55pm
  • by Josh Geller
  • (unregistered id: 0FC01076B6)
Dr Girlfriend/Mrs The Monarch was close to leaving the Monarch. I thought that was what the Dr Girlfriend uniform was about.

Neither costume is particulary suitable for wear during hand to hand combat, in reality. But the realities of fighting seem a bit more distorted in a slightly more unrealistic direction than some of the other things in the Venture universe.

Did I hear JP and DH mention that they were pacifists once? That might explain it. I would like to recommend that they learn a bit more about the realities of violence. It is much easier to satirize something that you actually know about and understand.

Aug. 3, 2008, 1:42am
  • by Creepy Crooner
When was she close to leaving the Monarch? If anything, the Monarch's refusal to not arch Rusty only made her realize how passionate he is (in Tears of a Sea Cow) and now she seems totally on board with the whole idea - helping the Monarch find a guild loophole that will let him raid the Venture compound legitimately.
Aug. 4, 2008, 10:38pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Vikixoh unlocked One Year Later May. 11, 2024, 4:03am
  • Vikipxc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 9:04pm
  • Vikixsc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 8:49pm
  • Vikimll unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 7:50pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites