Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Jordan
  • (unregistered id: 8151897777)
Quick question: Why is Jonas J. so eager to become like his father? He never knew the guy, and by looking at Rusty can see that Jonas Sr. was probably a incompotent father (allowing his son to get kidnapped so many times) and a selfish prick (See: Dr. Quymn, Medicine Woman and What Goes Down Must Come Up). Hell, Entmann himself can argue that Jonas Sr. was a thoughtless hack, But Hey, I guess Years trapped in a stomach nursing delusions of grandure wil do that to you.

Otherwise, an excellent episode as I've ever seen one. I do pray we see Henchman #1 again and I pray that the Monarch goes a=on a killing rampage we can see on screen. (Brock Style, not what he did with Dr. Manatee) A Perfect 10 if there ever was one.
Aug. 1, 2008, 9:12pm
  • by WorstServedCold
  • (unregistered id: 3BEE65312C)
JJ wasn't just spending all those years inside Rusty with his delusions, he (I assume by hearing) experienced all of the original Dr. Venture son's past, so he probably feels as close to the original Dr. Venture as Rusty.... with the added benefit that he didn't have to see his johnson at the breakfast table, or experience many of the other negative aspects of Rusty's life.
Aug. 1, 2008, 11:41pm
  • by Tess
  • (unregistered id: 4E429DF010)
I see it more as... Jonas Jr.'s experiences of his father were predominantly positive ones -- that is, JJ experienced Jonas as, perhaps, a person watching the Old Rusty Venture TV Show would have. They don't see, notice, or care that Jonas is doing all of these irresponsible things because that's not how he carries himself.

How conscious JJ actually was, I presume, was not very much, as he was inside his brother's gut. But they do acknowledge he had some amount of awareness while he was still absorbed.
Aug. 2, 2008, 9:02pm
  • by cpc65
  • (unregistered id: 760CA431DC)
I don't get it. JJ knew who Sally Impossible was in 20 Years to Midnight. She asked if they had met and he replied, "Not so you'd have noticed", but he doesn't know who The Monarch is? I had been under the impression that he had been concious of Rusty's experiences from being inside him. That's how JJ was able to nearly kill Rusty in Return to Spider Skull Island. he even know the ray gun Rusty was holding didn't work.
Aug. 5, 2008, 4:41am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Vikixoh unlocked One Year Later May. 11, 2024, 4:03am
  • Vikipxc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 9:04pm
  • Vikixsc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 8:49pm
  • Vikimll unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 7:50pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites