Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

• by Mrs. Monarch
  • (unregistered id: F17E15AE6E)
My vote goes for best episode this season, definitely a 10!

In completely unrelated business, I just felt I had to share this with you guys because I know you will appreciate it. Awesome Doctor Girlfriend parody cover of Rolling Stone:

http://fiendfolio.blogspot.com/2008/07/doctor-girlfriend.html
Jul. 8, 2008, 2:01am
I'm glad there are still people out there that watch this show because of how hysterical it is and don't try to read way too much into it
This episode WAS a 10 out of 10. The Buddy system was a little bit better in my opinion (but then, I'm a sucker for Doc's scripts) but these two have been the funniest and most instantly classic episodes so far. My rankings so far would go something like this...

1. The Buddy System (10/10)
2. Dr. Quymn (10/10)
3. Home is where the Hate Is (10/10)
4. The doctor is Sin (9/10)
5. Shadowman 9 (9/10)
6. Invisible Hand of Fate (8/10)
Jul. 8, 2008, 4:40am
  • by WorstServedCold
  • (unregistered id: E28D997BAD)
My personal ranking of the episodes so far would be

1. Dr. Quym
2. The Invisible Hand of Fate
3. The Doctor is Sin
4. Shadowman 9
5. Home is where the Hate is
6. The Buddy System

So far a stellar season.

Also, I find it interesting that a scene involving teenagers trying to have sex is offensive but an epileptic woman getting beaten with a chair doesn't warrent a mention.
Jul. 8, 2008, 5:36pm
  • by Phil
  • (unregistered id: 4453D1431A)
Wow...it's funny how different our rankings are.

1) The Invisible Hand of Fate (10/10)
2) Shadowman 9 (9/10)
3) The Buddy System (8.5/10)
4) The Doctor is Sin (8/10)
5) Home is Where the Hate Is (7/10)
6) Dr. Quymn, Medicine Woman (4/10)

I'm being intentionally stingy with the rankings, by the way. You could easily argue me up to a solid 10 for my top three.
Jul. 8, 2008, 5:51pm
  • by The Mighty Monarch
  • (unregistered id: C039DEBA32)
I, too, am really surprised how much variability there is in the rankings.

1. The Buddy System (10/10)
2. The Invisible Hand of Fate (9.5/10)
3. Shadowman 9 (9/10)
4. The Doctor Is Sin (9/10)
5. Dr. Quymn (8/10)
6. Home Is Where the Hate Is (7.5/10)

Admittedly, "The Buddy System" is basically an expanded "Tag Sale! You're It!" but that was one of my favorite episodes of season 1.
Jul. 8, 2008, 7:18pm
I am also quite surprised by the extreme difference in our rankings. I guess it just speaks to the fact that all of us obsessive fans watch the show for slightly different reasons. I agree that The Buddy System is a total throwback to Tag Sale (with a completely different context now that we know so much more about all the characters) but that kind of episode is my personal favorite. I love the story-based stuff but I tend to be a bigger fan of the straight comedy episodes (especially when the comedy is derived from seemingly mundane situations). I also (somewhat obviously) like the darker material and I think sometimes we forget how dark the show actually is. The characters (despite of, or more accurately BECAUSE of their many flaws) are likable and the show has a comfortable feel to it, but most of the comedy in the show is powered by perversion, cruelty and yes, failure - all very real and very relatable human characteristics. There is an obvious underlying sadness to the show and the people that populate it, and it's a tribute to Jackson and Doc's skills for mining this sadness for unrelenting laughs successfully. I just think that sometimes we become so comfortable with the Ventures and their world we forget that it's a cartoonishly ugly place.

p.s. Every Which Way But Loose fucking rules. Best Clint Eastwood movie of all time... easy.
Jul. 8, 2008, 10:30pm

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Vikixoh unlocked One Year Later May. 11, 2024, 4:03am
  • Vikipxc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 9:04pm
  • Vikixsc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 8:49pm
  • Vikimll unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 7:50pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites