Hey There, Mystery Person
Trying to vote on a comment, eh? You need an account to do that! You should totally get one! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in above!

The Original Venture Bros. News & Information Site

Comment Thread

Hey There, Mystery Person
Commenting anonymously is cool and all, but you should register an account! You'll get your own username and can participate in community stuff. It's awesome! Already have an account? Log in!
Name:

Web Site (optional):

Your Comment:

Okay, so I read the noise to signal review and I have read the posts here and I think some of you need to chill the fuck out.
Like presumably all of you, I hold the venture Bros. in high regard. It's among the best shows on tv animated or not, and it should be celebrated for it's depth, rich characterizations and intelligence. What some of you seem to be forgetting is that is should also be celebrated for it's darkness, it's cynicism and it's unflinching ability to deftly make comedic situations out of bitterness, failure and otherwise uncomfortable subject matter.
Someone mentioned the scene in Mid-Life Chrysalis where the Monarch is seen jerking off while watching Sheila perform undercover work of a sexy nature, aroused by the idea of his second in command/girlfriend getting down with his arch nemesis. This along with countless other "tasteless" bits of comedy (remember Doc's weird man-crush on Brock in the pilot?) have been a Venture Bros. staple since the beginning.
Doc and Jackson have tapped in to the dark and sometimes creepy realities of society and the human personality, drawing side-splitting humor out of such taboo topics as child molestation, child death (including suicide and murder), torturing prostitutes, fetishism, bestiality, drug abuse, chronic masturbation, kidnapping, homophobia, prison rape, organ harvesting, dog fighting, mental retardation, infidelity and more.
There was nothing "creepy" or "out of line" in this episode, nor with any of Hatred's molestation charges. If you will all think back to the first time we learned of the boys' encounter with Hatred, it was a hilarious passing joke. Now that Hatred has become an actual character it has been brought up a few more times - and always in the context of a joke, people!
That's my point - this is a comedy show! It's primary objective is to be FUNNY! Not portray strong female characters or use a particular setting to it's fullest geographical potential. And just for the record, there's nothing creepy about hilarious scenes involving raging teen hormones and the Venture twins. No one complained about all the shenanigans in Victor echo November or Dean getting a boner over Triana while riding on Jefferson's shoulders. Funny stuff!
As for the boxing ape - anyone who didn't find this reference laugh-out-loud funny obviously hasn't seen Every Which Way But Loose (or it's awesome sequel Any Which Way You Can).
Jul. 8, 2008, 12:17am
  • by Cassie
  • (unregistered id: 8E7D108D52)
Cheers to that!
Jul. 8, 2008, 2:14am
  • by hank
  • (unregistered id: 86F3DBD42C)
lol - dude cool out.
Jul. 8, 2008, 3:02am
  • by Wow...
  • (unregistered id: 4453D1431A)
You are the only person I've ever encountered who's felt the need to brag multiple times about having seen Every Which Way But Loose.
Jul. 8, 2008, 8:02pm
evidently you haven't had the pleasure of seeing it. If you had, you would never question the validity of my praise. This cinematic gem is not only the best Clint Eastwood film ever made (easily) but also the best Clint Eastwood film costarring an ape ever made (easily.
Jul. 8, 2008, 10:33pm
  • by Paul
  • (unregistered id: 00CAEC956C)
I agree, and I'm wondering if people just don't remember being teenagers and younger. I know that my father finds it endlessly amusing to recount the story of how when I was a child a blond neighbor girl wrestled me to the ground to lay a kiss on me. I was apparently quite horrified at the time, I remember her, but that part of my life is kind of a vague blur at this point.

That's what the Dean Venture and Nancy and Drew stuff made me think of, not anything creepy.
Jul. 10, 2008, 12:24am

Latest Discussion Articles

Latest Community Threads

Newest Achievements »

• Fiver Fever
    Posted in all eight season five discussion threads within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Mike on Jul. 29, 2013, 2:03am
  • Five By Fiver
    Posted a comment in five or more season five discussions within a week of going up.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am
  • Season Fiver
    Posted a comment in at least one season five discussion within a week.
    Unlocked by Apple Mummy on Jul. 20, 2013, 2:53am

Social Experiments

Community Leaderboard »

1. hardyworld - 261
  2. The Mysterious 'H' - 231
  3. Mike - 226
  4. Ginger - 216
  5. Ron Bonham - 216

Commercial Break

Recently Achieved »

• Vikixoh unlocked One Year Later May. 11, 2024, 4:03am
  • Vikipxc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 9:04pm
  • Vikixsc unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 8:49pm
  • Vikimll unlocked One Year Later May. 10, 2024, 7:50pm

Mantis-Poll »

What was your favorite episode of season six?
Voting for this poll has ended.

(334 votes)

Fan Sites